Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Patrick McGoohan

link

Patrick McGoohan, who starred as Number Six in the classic British series The Prisoner has passed away. He was 80 years old.

Rest in peace, dear friend.
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

I'm sorry to hear that.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I'd prefer to think of him as retired and living comfortably in a Welsh resort.

Portmeirion is my idea of heaven.
      I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

He was No:6 in the PRISONER but he will be remembered as No: 1 in the minds of many fans.

RIP Patrick.
        http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
        Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
        47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Originally posted by LightStorm View Post
          He was No:6 in the PRISONER but he will be remembered as No: 1 in the minds of many fans.

RIP Patrick.
          Strictly speaking
          he was Number One.
          I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

The Prisoner was probably the first TV series that I seriously got into as a fan. I know at one point I'd joined a fan club, received a regular newsletter, and seriously thought about heading across the pond to Wales for the annual get together at Portmeirion.

I guess I'll use this as an excuse to watch the whole thing all over again.

RIP Patrick

Comment

Yep, I've now watched all the episodes (which I've tried to do all my life), and absorbed all the supplemental info on the 40th anniversary DVD from the UK.
              Also looked at every documentary and McGoohan interview I could find.

I was about 5 when The Prisoner ran on TV, and one of my earliest childhood memories is of Rover sucking people in, with their faces pushed against the membrane, trying to get out.
              Gave me such nightmares!

Years later, in my twenties (around 1989), I was working in a store at the Westside Pavilion in West L.A., and Patrick McGoohan came in!
              I told him about the impact Rover had on me as a child, and he shrugged and said, "Yeah, well, they're still out there!" before strolling off.
              How cool is that!

We'll not see the likes of him again.

Comment

Working...
              X