Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    For anyone interested ... and who can get it ... Matt Smith is currently playing one of the main roles in Moses Jones on BBC2. I believe it is a three part drama which started this week.

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    Could it be a side effect of so many regenerations to get younger and younger? Like Merlin?

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
    ... not to mention he is actually 26 and not 23!
    Whoops!

Well, what's three years between friends?

Besides the Doctor is always fibbing about his age.

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh View Post
    When I was told (via text on the train home from visiting my family in Brighton) that the new Doctor is to be played by a 23 year old I hadn't heard of I was, to say the least, miffed.

But after seeing the chap he has a wonderfully wierd quality to him and a strangely old manner...I think he may be the best Doctor since Tom, he certainly isn't any poster boy.
    ... not to mention he is actually 26 and not 23!

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    When I was told (via text on the train home from visiting my family in Brighton) that the new Doctor is to be played by a 23 year old I hadn't heard of I was, to say the least, miffed.

But after seeing the chap he has a wonderfully wierd quality to him and a strangely old manner...I think he may be the best Doctor since Tom, he certainly isn't any poster boy.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    I guess I will, trying not to expect too much so that hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised...

And btw: I also liked Ecclestone better than Tennant at first, but later on he David somehow grew on me.

Leave a comment:

• brian
    replied
    Originally posted by LightStorm View Post
    Well here is a turn-up of events that I never thought I'd find myself at!

I was the one who was always saying that Tennant continually over acts and gurns his way through every episode, shouts alot and generally was not as good as Christopher Eccleston.

Blow me right down! I see this floppy haired, teenage replacement on the screen - who will just not work as The Doctor - and suddenly I am all sentimental about David, who must obviously must have been really much better than I thought!!!

I shall not watch it. The previous incarnations have all had a strange interest about them which has always (to this point) engaged me...until now when I feel totally unengaged.
    Give the guy a chance. It's only fair to watch his first couple of stories.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Well here is a turn-up of events that I never thought I'd find myself at!

I was the one who was always saying that Tennant continually over acts and gurns his way through every episode, shouts alot and generally was not as good as Christopher Eccleston.

Blow me right down! I see this floppy haired, teenage replacement on the screen - who will just not work as The Doctor - and suddenly I am all sentimental about David, who must obviously must have been really much better than I thought!!!

I shall not watch it. The previous incarnations have all had a strange interest about them which has always (to this point) engaged me...until now when I feel totally unengaged.
    Last edited by DGTWoodward; 01-09-2009, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
    Looks like they're trying to hook up teenage girls with he series now.
    I'm wondering how this guy will be able to play a darker doctor (if the rumors are true that he is suposed to be)...
    Those aren't proper rumours, they are just the wishful thinking of a proportion of the fanbase as far as I can tell ... and given that RTD has so far taken the Doctor to darker places than Steven Moffatt has, they may remain just that.

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    Originally posted by Karachi Vyce View Post
    The Doctor is finally younger than me.

I'm not sure how to take that.
    I had to take it lying down...

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Looks like they're trying to hook up teenage girls with he series now.
    I'm wondering how this guy will be able to play a darker doctor (if the rumors are true that he is suposed to be)...

Leave a comment:

• Karachi Vyce
    replied
    The Doctor is finally younger than me.

I'm not sure how to take that.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    http://us.imdb.com/name/nm1741002/

Doctor Emo?

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Well obviously it's David Morrissey.

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    He was in the sixth episode of The Secret Diary of a Call Girl with Billie Piper...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X