The 11th Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
    Looks like they're trying to hook up teenage girls with he series now.
    I'm wondering how this guy will be able to play a darker doctor (if the rumors are true that he is suposed to be)...
    Those aren't proper rumours, they are just the wishful thinking of a proportion of the fanbase as far as I can tell ... and given that RTD has so far taken the Doctor to darker places than Steven Moffatt has, they may remain just that.
    The Optimist: The glass is half full
    The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
    The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Well here is a turn-up of events that I never thought I'd find myself at!

I was the one who was always saying that Tennant continually over acts and gurns his way through every episode, shouts alot and generally was not as good as Christopher Eccleston.

Blow me right down! I see this floppy haired, teenage replacement on the screen - who will just not work as The Doctor - and suddenly I am all sentimental about David, who must obviously must have been really much better than I thought!!!

I shall not watch it. The previous incarnations have all had a strange interest about them which has always (to this point) engaged me...until now when I feel totally unengaged.
      Last edited by DGTWoodward; 01-09-2009, 11:20 AM.
      http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
      Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
      47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Originally posted by LightStorm View Post
        Well here is a turn-up of events that I never thought I'd find myself at!

I was the one who was always saying that Tennant continually over acts and gurns his way through every episode, shouts alot and generally was not as good as Christopher Eccleston.

Blow me right down! I see this floppy haired, teenage replacement on the screen - who will just not work as The Doctor - and suddenly I am all sentimental about David, who must obviously must have been really much better than I thought!!!

I shall not watch it. The previous incarnations have all had a strange interest about them which has always (to this point) engaged me...until now when I feel totally unengaged.
        Give the guy a chance. It's only fair to watch his first couple of stories.

Comment

I guess I will, trying not to expect too much so that hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised...

And btw: I also liked Ecclestone better than Tennant at first, but later on he David somehow grew on me.
          What's up Drakh?

Comment

When I was told (via text on the train home from visiting my family in Brighton) that the new Doctor is to be played by a 23 year old I hadn't heard of I was, to say the least, miffed.

But after seeing the chap he has a wonderfully wierd quality to him and a strangely old manner...I think he may be the best Doctor since Tom, he certainly isn't any poster boy.
            I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh View Post
              When I was told (via text on the train home from visiting my family in Brighton) that the new Doctor is to be played by a 23 year old I hadn't heard of I was, to say the least, miffed.

But after seeing the chap he has a wonderfully wierd quality to him and a strangely old manner...I think he may be the best Doctor since Tom, he certainly isn't any poster boy.
              ... not to mention he is actually 26 and not 23!

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
                ... not to mention he is actually 26 and not 23!
                Whoops!

Well, what's three years between friends?

Besides the Doctor is always fibbing about his age.
                I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

Could it be a side effect of so many regenerations to get younger and younger? Like Merlin?
                  "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                  "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

For anyone interested ... and who can get it ... Matt Smith is currently playing one of the main roles in Moses Jones on BBC2. I believe it is a three part drama which started this week.

Comment

Working...
                    X