Danger @ B5TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger @ B5TV

If any of the mods (or even AnthonyF) from B5TV are around, you may be interested to know that on attempting to visit the site a few minutes ago I received a pop-up detailing that a site called greatx2008.com required a new ActiveX player to be installed.

It appears that this has happened to a number of forums, and stems from an injection hack designed to get users to a spam website where they can be infected with Spyware.

Here is a link to one such victim, with some more information

Here is the Norton SafeWeb page about the threat.

Sorry to bug a completely separate board with this, but I figured many of the users here would also be users there and would need a heads up, and I have no intention of re-visiting the site to try and post the warning there, given the potential for infection.

Hopefully, someone her has an e-mail address or another way of contacting an admin over there to do something about it.

Cheers,
    GH
    The Optimist: The glass is half full
    The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
    The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

It has been reported on B5TV.COM

To get out of the virus you may have to abort the web browser using the System Monitor or <cntr><alt><del>.
    Andrew Swallow

Comment

I suggest everyone who's been there should scan their systems. Even with popups blocked, I received a firewall notification that an intrusion attack had been blocked immediately.

Comment

Working...
      X