Watchmen trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchmen trailer

is now online. And attached to The Dark Knight in theaters.

http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/wa...tlr1_h480p.mov (HD 480p, 43 Mb)

or http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/

Wow.

Holey moley. That looks absolutely amazing! I got Watchmen when it was still on the racks, issue by issue. Even then you knew it was something special. It feels like they got it right.

I'm not thrilled with the actor choice for Ozmandias, but so far that's my only problem.

I will see this one opening night.
    What a wonderful world you live in. -
    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

I've been watching this trailer obsessively. Even though the effects are unfinished, seeing Dr Manhattan sends chills up my spine. Never thought I'd really see a 100-foot-tall omnipotent super-man blowing up Vietnamese fighters with a wave of his hand on film!

This piece in Entertainment Weekly is pretty good, and features some nice shots.

Comment

And then they went ahead and phoned Alan Moore...

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20213004,00.html

And also talked to Zack Snyder.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20213257,00.html
        Last edited by vakie; 07-19-2008, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by raw_bean View Post
          I've been watching this trailer obsessively. Even though the effects are unfinished, seeing Dr Manhattan sends chills up my spine. Never thought I'd really see a 100-foot-tall omnipotent super-man blowing up Vietnamese fighters with a wave of his hand on film!
          I agree, seeing Doc Manhatten vaporise that guy was chilling
          The Watchmen movie will no doubt stun and amaze people much like The Dark Knight is doing right now.

Comment

I do sincerely hope so. Zack Snyder is certainly going about it with all the right intentions and is clearly a passionate fan eager to do the story justice, I just hope the enormity of it can be condensed successfully into a 2 and a half hour film and pulled off.

In a way I see it as a win-win for for fans like me - we'll always have the book, and even if the film doesn't live up, it'll at least have gorgeous moments of the book brought to life (as evidenced by the trailer). But if it manages to have even half the depth and intelligence of the book it'll blow people away.

Comment

Oh my, that trailer just blew my fuses, to say: "I like it" would be an understatement of gigantic proportions. Where do I need to sell body parts to buy an movie that is more than those scenes with filler between? If the whole movie is like the trailer I will get pumped to Nivana or something like that. And I really hope they keep the music and select similar style for the movie, it just fits the theme and setting.

But alas, I eagerly showed the trailer to everybody I know and got reactions ranging from "Batman?" to "why so much violence"... so I guess I am a minority, but sometimes minorities get what they want, or so I hope 8-)

Gonna read the Graphic Novel a few times to cool down... bugger, so much time to wait.

PeAcE
              greetings from austria, best known for its history and fine wine... feels like a wine cellar on a graveyard 8-)

Comment

Just found this... (sorry if that is old news): The Annotated Watchmen http://www.capnwacky.com/rj/watchmen/chapter1.html

PeAcE
                greetings from austria, best known for its history and fine wine... feels like a wine cellar on a graveyard 8-)

Comment

You know, much as I loved Watchmen, I can't help thinking what the story would have been like if Alan Moore had been able to use the original Charlton characters as he'd originally planned. I don't know if they appeared anywhere else, but in the original Graphitti hardcover, Dave Gibbons' character designs still reference the Charlton versions including Dr. Manhattan who would have been Captain Atom and so forth...

Comment

Wasn't the breakdown-

Owlman= Blue Bettle
                    Comedian= Peacemaker
                    Rorsasch= The Question
                    Dr Manhattan= Capt Atom
                    Ozymandus= Judo Master
                    Silk Spectre= Night Shade

Honestly, I'm glad they made Moore create his own characters, simply because if they had let him go with te Charlton characters, we would never have gotten Denny O'Neil's brilliant Question series.
                    Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

I like the added freedom with the new characters... you start from scratch, so no fans who go into rage because "you treated them wrong".

Looking at the pictures public so far I like the Comedian (the scene with the flamethrower is just him, having fun because everything is a joke), but I am unsure about Owlman and Silk Spectre. I thought the Owlman got a little bit around the hips, but that doesn't show in the new design. It looks very much "Batman" 8-/

PeAcE

Comment

Who is this 'Owlman' you all keep talking about? Does he have anything to do with Nite Owl? :P

Comment

D'oh! My brain was taken over momentarily by the Crime Syndicate from Earth-3...
                          Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

A different version of the trailer with new scenes shown at Spike Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GUmgQHvqqc

Very cool.

Comment

Bigger versions available now:

Hi-Res (17Mb)
                              HD 480P (35Mb)
                              HD 720P (80Mb)
                              HD 1080P (134Mb)

Comment

Working...
                              X