New Show - The Middleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Show - The Middleman

I figured I'd post something here to make people aware of the new show on ABC Family, The Middleman, since it is very much a creator driven show and looks to be a fun show that might just catch on if people check it out. It is created by Javier Grillo-Marxuach, who has been paying his dues in Hollywood for quite a while, not unlike jms when B5 started up.

I believe this is the first show Javier has created that made it to series (he tried a few year's back with the Van Helsing Chronicles). He talked about the series at the SFTV panel we did at Gallifrey One in February and was excited to have it get the series go ahead.

He actually came up with the series idea a few years back, but didn't get much interest in it, so he turned it into a comic book for Viper Comics (small press, black and white), but that helped him sell it as a TV series. The pilot and one of the other episodes are pretty much straight adaptations of the first couple of storylines from the comics.

The series is about a female art school graduate getting by on temp jobs that runs into The Middleman when she is working as a temp at a scientific lab when things go awry and The Middleman shows up to save the day. She gets recruited to join his team to help fight evil. The series looks to have the very tounge in cheek attitude that the comic has and looks to be a lot of fun. All I've seen so far is the trailer that is online and is also being played in theatres but its the first series in a while I've thought was worth trying to get the word out to people (like I did way back when for that B5 show).

The best place to go for more information on the series looks to be the fan site set up (www.middlefan.com) which also has links to the various official sites for the show as well as information on the initial batch of episodes. Just the titles alone give you an idea of the tone of the series: The Pilot Episode Sanction, The Manicoid Teleportation Conundrum, and The Flying Fish Zombification.

Lee Whiteside
    Webmaster
    SFTV.org
    B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

I'll give it a try, sounds like fun for the family.

BTW, Middleman premieres on June 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by NotSoWize View Post
      I'll give it a try, sounds like fun for the family.

BTW, Middleman premieres on June 16th.
      Ack. I did forget to mentoin the start date. In fact, the pilot episode is apparently already available to download on iTunes as a freebie to promote the show.
      Webmaster
      SFTV.org
      B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

Working...
      X