R.I.P Robertl Lynn Asprin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P Robertl Lynn Asprin

It's been reported that Robert Lynn Asprin, author of the Myth Adventure as well as the Phule series of books has passed away. He was supposed to attend Marcon this weekend and was found by his assistant when s/he came to pick him up to go to the airport. The report says that he was found lying in bed holding a Terry Pratchett book with his glasses close to hand.

I've enjoyed both of those series of books very much and I'm sorry at his passing.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

That's sad news. The Myth series is one of my favorites.

Comment

I read the first several MYTH books and the first two or three PHULE books back in high school, enjoying them very much. Sorry to hear this.
      Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        It's been reported that Robert Lynn Asprin, author of the Myth Adventure as well as the Phule series of books has passed away. He was supposed to attend Marcon this weekend and was found by his assistant when s/he came to pick him up to go to the airport. The report says that he was found lying in bed holding a Terry Pratchett book with his glasses close to hand.

I've enjoyed both of those series of books very much and I'm sorry at his passing.

Jan
        Speaking of next to go....
        "I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom." ---Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Comment

Sad news indeed. I've enjoyed both series. He never did finish out his plan with the Myth series, did he? I remember in the preface of several of the books he talked about the number of books he planned to do. Also, I wonder if his co-author for the last Phule books will take over the series.
          "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste View Post
            Sad news indeed. I've enjoyed both series. He never did finish out his plan with the Myth series, did he? I remember in the preface of several of the books he talked about the number of books he planned to do. Also, I wonder if his co-author for the last Phule books will take over the series.
            The original plan for the Myth series was two 6-book series for a total of 12 books, so Something M.Y.T.H. Inc. was the last planned book. They just weren't written as fast as he wanted to. Starting with about Book 10 he said couldn't get in to it as much as he had before for. When he wrote Book 11 eight years later there was a little dedication to someone (sorry I forgot the name) saying something along the lines of "thank you for making me remember how writing is fun". After Book 12 he wrote 6 more MYTH books with Jody Lynn Nye.

Comment

Working...
            X