Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shameless self promotion Category

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shameless self promotion Category

    Hi All,

    I'm normally very self deprecating and not given to tooting my own horn, but this is something I'd like to share with the group.

    back in Jan. The History Channel was out at our Astronomy club's dark sky site to film some stuff for an Episode of their Astronomy series "The Universe". the Episode is called "Nebulas" and it aired tonight for the 1st time.

    They interviewed me and a few others and filmed me setting up my gear on a friend's pier. I did not expect to see much if any screen time. I was on screen setting up and they kept some of my interview as well.

    So in case you were wondering what I looked like and wanted to put a face to the typing here, here is your chance.

    The show is pretty good and well worth watching (Not for me however I'm just an abberation in the lens of life.)

    We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

    Craig
    All generalizations are false, including this one.

  • #2
    *lol* And here I was thinking this would be about actors who do shameless selfpromoting, coz then I would have voted for Julia Roberts as #1.

    Good for you with the interview. Wont have an opportunity to see it though.
    No History Channel here.
    What's up Drakh?

    Comment


    • #3
      Congratualtions, Craig! I don't have the TV on much lately but if I'm surfing around I'll definitely look for 'your' show!

      Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Your episode is scheduled to air again this Sunday night at 11 pm Eastern and then again at 3 am Eastern Monday morning.

        I'll set my Replay and look for ya.
        "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

        The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

        Comment


        • #5
          Cool! I'm gonna watch it saturday!

          Oh...and as far as self promoting

          www.myspace.com/aprilsrainmusic

          My band probably won't be the favorite of this crowd, but who knows.
          Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
          True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
            Your episode is scheduled to air again this Sunday night at 11 pm Eastern and then again at 3 am Eastern Monday morning.

            I'll set my Replay and look for ya.
            It'll be easy to see me since they put my name under who I am. There is one other section I'm in that is kinda repeated. When they show the people looking through the the White telescope at night I'm the guy that walks up and takes a look. Pretty much all you see is my back in a large brown jacket. They replay it when they are talking about infrared light. The woman you see in infrared briefly is the owner of the white scope you'll see and a fellow club member.

            I'm working on getting her into B5 and are partly through the 1st season.
            All generalizations are false, including this one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Good to see someone with interest in the astronomical side - and doing something about it . Have a telescope or two here, but the skies are some of the heaviest light polluted skies in Europe, and most often we are bothered by "The Great Northern European Nebula" aka clouds here. A little better in my native Denmark, where the street lights have been replaced with rather good lighting. On clear nights the Milky Way is very easy to see there - not so about 15 years ago...

              Have done a few astro images in my time here, you can find them at http://www.babylonlurker.net/

              Probably not able to see the program here , though.
              Last edited by babylonlurker; 04-03-2008, 11:30 AM. Reason: added info
              Jan from Denmark

              My blog :

              http://www.babylonlurker.dk

              "Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
                Good to see someone with interest in the astronomical side - and doing something about it . Have a telescope or two here, but the skies are some of the heaviest light polluted skies in Europe, and most often we are bothered by "The Great Northern European Nebula" aka clouds here. A little better in my native Denmark, where the street lights have been replaced with rather good lighting. On clear nights the Milky Way is very easy to see there - not so about 15 years ago...

                Have done a few astro images in my time here, you can find them at http://www.babylonlurker.net/

                Probably not able to see the program here , though.
                I'm quite involved with astronomy. Kind of a passion of mine. I'm VP of our club (4th term), and very much into the outreach/education side of things.

                We do a lot of bringing our scopes to schools, parks, etc... and letting the kids and parents look through them and gain some knowledge.

                You have some nice images there.

                Mine are located here: http://www.pbase.com/craigbob/astrophotography and here: http://www.ocastronomers.org/astroim...raig%20Bobchin
                All generalizations are false, including this one.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
                  I'm quite involved with astronomy. Kind of a passion of mine. I'm VP of our club (4th term), and very much into the outreach/education side of things.

                  We do a lot of bringing our scopes to schools, parks, etc... and letting the kids and parents look through them and gain some knowledge.

                  You have some nice images there.

                  Mine are located here: http://www.pbase.com/craigbob/astrophotography and here: http://www.ocastronomers.org/astroim...raig%20Bobchin
                  You have a very nice set of astrophotos youself, especially the deep sky is somewhat mor difficult to do here - due to *heavy* light pollution - one of the heaviest in Europe. Looked a bit at the other photos, nice ones there , too. I do a little "general photography" myself, as you may have seen on my site.
                  Jan from Denmark

                  My blog :

                  http://www.babylonlurker.dk

                  "Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I got my cds in the mail today Should be on i-tunes in the next couple weeks
                    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Did they cancel The Universe? I watched a few episodes on demand, but it was kind of boring. I do enjoy Monsterquest and UFO Hunters, though. They've canceled several good shows over the years, like Peter Woodward's Conquest. I wish they'd cancel garbage like Ice Road Truckers and Axe Men.
                      Last edited by Dr Maturin; 10-31-2008, 07:45 PM.
                      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X