Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood - SPOILERS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    So, any thoughts on the severed hand yet?

    It was interesting to note the music when the jar got smashed and Jack gently picked up the hand. It was Rose's theme I believe.
    *Den-Sha*

    Comment


    • #17
      I don't think it is supposed to be a secret ... the Radio Times reported last week in building up the season that the hand is the one that the Doctor lost fighting the Sycorax captain during The Christmas Invasion.

      The mystery as far as I can see is in what significance it plays in the story, and at this point I don't have any ideas on that one.

      The Optimist: The glass is half full
      The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
      The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
        I don't think it is supposed to be a secret ... the Radio Times reported last week in building up the season that the hand is the one that the Doctor lost fighting the Sycorax captain during The Christmas Invasion.
        Of course, I'd forgotten about that. So the Doctor has made an appearance in Torchwood

        Also it was wonderful to see the mighty Gareth Thomas from Blake's 7 in this weeks episode. It's the first thing I've seen him in for twenty years.
        *Den-Sha*

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bonehead
          Of course, I'd forgotten about that. So the Doctor has made an appearance in Torchwood
          The Doctor visits the London office of Torchwood in the last epsiode of Season 2 of new Doctor Who.
          Andrew Swallow

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
            The Doctor visits the London office of Torchwood in the last epsiode of Season 2 of new Doctor Who.
            I realise that, I was simply commenting on the comments we've had from the writer's stating that there would be no cross-over stories. And that the Doctor would not have a guest appearance in the Torchwood show.

            Although, I read somewhere that Capt Jack will be back in Dr Who season 3 for a 2 part episode.
            *Den-Sha*

            Comment


            • #21
              Episode Three is much better but still rather derivative (but it's rare to find a genuinely original story in any genre).

              We now get to see a counterpoint to Owen's awful behaviour in the first episode.

              I at first cringed at the gun drill of love sequence but that too gets it's counterpoint by the end of the episode.

              Also nice to see Gwen is already bringing dangerous alien nik-naks home just like her pals back in the office.

              Cyberwoman next week and then the P J Hammond (Saphire and Steel) penned episode, so after two somewhat dissapointing episodes things are looking up.

              I can't help but notice that this one works the most out of the three so far and it has hardly any obvious 'nawty werds' or hanky-panky.
              Last edited by Shr'eshhhhhh; 11-01-2006, 05:16 AM.
              I have the wings for Bingo.

              Comment


              • #22
                i rather enjoyed ep 3, but unless i downloaded the wrong thing there was no cursing in ep 3 but rather alot in eps 1 and 2. i actully rather liked the writing on eps 1 and 2, witty, funny, fast, and a bit more reality based then doctor who(well less childish anyway)
                did the 3rd ep have cursing or not (2 diffrent edits one for younger one for older?)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Lunan
                  (2 diffrent edits one for younger one for older?)
                  I highly doubt that since RTD has stated all along that this was not a show you should watch with your kids. That being the case, why would they bother doing that, especially when you just couldn't do that with all the episodes ... ep2 would be impossible to cut so that it was suitable for kids, for example, as the whole premise of the story is, IMO, unsuitable for kids.
                  The Optimist: The glass is half full
                  The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                  The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
                    I highly doubt that since RTD has stated all along that this was not a show you should watch with your kids. That being the case, why would they bother doing that, especially when you just couldn't do that with all the episodes ... ep2 would be impossible to cut so that it was suitable for kids, for example, as the whole premise of the story is, IMO, unsuitable for kids.
                    i'm still confused about the diffrences between eps 1, 2 and ep 3. i admit i didn't check did RTD write all 3 or was ep 3 diffrent writing

                    don't get me wrong, i have much enjoyed this

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Ep 3 was certainly written by someone else ... and I have a feeling Ep 2 was as well, but I wouldn't stake my life on it.
                      The Optimist: The glass is half full
                      The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                      The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i another 50 odd mins i should be able to watch and then comment on the 4th ep

                        damn i miss baseball

                        ok i have watched it now. a good horror/thriller episode, we learned more about yento, we also learned more about jack, i think i liked him more as one of the doctors compainions, i find this obsession he seems to have with an old stlye revolver a bit annoying considering that during ww2 where he presumably got the liking for it he had a very nice sonic weapon, i would think he would use an updated weapon

                        i like the lock picking device, similar to a very clunky sonic screwdriver. nextweek looks again like a horror bit but will have to see, i'm rather hoping that we might get an off world or time travel ep at some point this season
                        Last edited by Lunan; 11-05-2006, 09:37 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Lunan
                          i another 50 odd mins i should be able to watch and then comment on the 4th ep

                          damn i miss baseball

                          ok i have watched it now. a good horror/thriller episode, we learned more about yento, we also learned more about jack, i think i liked him more as one of the doctors compainions, i find this obsession he seems to have with an old stlye revolver a bit annoying considering that during ww2 where he presumably got the liking for it he had a very nice sonic weapon, i would think he would use an updated weapon

                          i like the lock picking device, similar to a very clunky sonic screwdriver. nextweek looks again like a horror bit but will have to see, i'm rather hoping that we might get an off world or time travel ep at some point this season
                          I don't think there is much chance of that. RTD has said from the off that this was an 'earth-bound' show. Granted, that doesn't exclude time travel, but a certain other, loosely realted show calle Dr Who already has that covered.

                          Aside from a few elements, such as the Cyber-stuff left over from Torchwood 1, I would expect them to quite deliberately avoid too much crossover in the style and format of the two shows.
                          The Optimist: The glass is half full
                          The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                          The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Cyberwoman (spoilers)

                            Episode 4 is a return to bad form with just about every cyborg storyline you've ever seen (from Frankenstein to Buffy via Seven of Nine) thrown up like a Friday night kebab in Newport.

                            Even the basic plot (person with half cybernised loved one creates merry havok trying to save them) has recently been handled better in the Big Finish audio "The Gathering" (no not that "The Gathering").

                            P J Hammond's frightful fairyfolk had better be handled well or this show won't even be missed when it's cancelled.
                            I have the wings for Bingo.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The story was not very good but the bikini with limbs was very sexy.
                              Andrew Swallow

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I must admit I was somewhat disappointed with the way the latest ep turned out, storywise - I got the distinct impression that as originally written, there may have been an even darker ending to the story, with Ianto perhaps dying along with his cybergirlfriend...
                                This Staircase has 105 Steps...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X