SG1 Slated for 2 staight to DVD movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radhil
    There was supposed to be a fifth - at the end of Season 3 Farscape was hot and was given a two-season renewal deal. At least it was published and pressed that way. It was only after Season 4's numbers were underwhelming and a bunch of internal bickering at SciFi that even I can't trace that the fifth season cancelled, and rather absurdly and underhandedly at that. That's what I meant there.

The miniseries was pretty much the entire Farscape Season 5 Plan compressed down from twenty-two hours to four.
    Which the mini was brilliant. I thought it was one of the better pieces of sci-fi out there.
    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Doctor Who took a holiday at the end of the Cold War when the Berlin Wall was knocked down. It has returned to fight the War on Terror.
      Andrew Swallow

Comment

..... *sigh* OK, (a) continuously (b) the show must really be bending time and space to run consecutive years since 1963 ( 27 seasons time-bent over 43 years since it started means Britain has created a happy little time rift of their own ).

FWIW to those who insist, Doctor Who is listed as the longest running sci-fi show by Guiness. So, there, everybody be happy.

26 is from hartnell to mccoy, i was not counting chris eccltsons season or david tennents first and shortly coming 2nd

while the show did take an occasional hiatus there was not a single year in which a new Doctor Who was not broadcast from 63 to 89, and while i don't have the exact number to tap it was over 700 broadcast eps in that time period

oh and i mistyped it was 26 years

Comment

Originally posted by Lunan
          26 is from hartnell to mccoy, i was not counting chris eccltsons season or david tennents first and shortly coming 2nd

while the show did take an occasional hiatus there was not a single year in which a new Doctor Who was not broadcast from 63 to 89, and while i don't have the exact number to tap it was over 700 broadcast eps in that time period

oh and i mistyped it was 26 years

I give up in the face of your insurmountable logic, in which Twilight Zone reruns would probably qualify for longest running show of all time.

Look, go tell these guys, please. Maybe they'll listen. 'Kay?
          Radhil Trebors
          Persona Under Construction

Comment

I give up in the face of your insurmountable logic, in which Twilight Zone reruns would probably qualify for longest running show of all time.

Look, go tell these guys, please. Maybe they'll listen. 'Kay?

well sarcasm on the internet doesn't always come across but for the facts 26 years in which there was at least 1 new doctor who episode broadcast with the total of original eps(not reruns) being over 700, the number of stories is somewhere in the 200s due to the multipart nature of doctor who with stories being anywhere from 1 episode to i think 10 was the highest (the war games with troughton) but one of the dalek stories might have been longer. but since its based on episodes not stories dw wins hands down

Comment

Working...
            X