No announcement yet.

What Makes A Ratings Success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it all...now I just need to watch it.
    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by NotSoWize
      There was an advertisement for BSG during Heroes last night, so it looks like Sci-Fi is trying to drive more SF fans to BSG by taking that route. I believe that Heroes has been averaging over 15 million viewers so far, so it will be interesting to see if enough folks give BSG a try to measurably improve the ratings.

In any case, it sure seems like BSG has gotten way more publicity than any other cable-based SF series. I'm surprised that its ratings aren't even higher based on how many mainstream media publications have been raving about it for the last year or so.
      Yeah, Heroes has huuuuuge ratings, and I think that it can translate to BSG viewers, as BSG has that serious and dark feel that make it more of that style of a drama. Unfortunately, there's a lot of catch-up for new viewers of BSG. I wish they'd market SG1 like that

Jon
      Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
      True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Honestly, with TV, there is no concrete standards for what stays on-air and what does not.

Nobody can REMOTELY argue that, say, Mystery Science Theater 3000 cost much of anything to produce. The sets were crude, the robots never changed, the rights to the movies used had to be virtually nil. It's ratings, while not amazing, were good enough to likely produce ad revenue to cover the costs and turn a profit.

It was still cancelled.
        -=Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Der Mike
          Honestly, with TV, there is no concrete standards for what stays on-air and what does not.

Nobody can REMOTELY argue that, say, Mystery Science Theater 3000 cost much of anything to produce. The sets were crude, the robots never changed, the rights to the movies used had to be virtually nil. It's ratings, while not amazing, were good enough to likely produce ad revenue to cover the costs and turn a profit.

It was still cancelled.
          -=Mike
          And it really was the best show ever.
          True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow
            And it really was the best show ever.
            And that's why it had to be cancelled ...
            The Optimist: The glass is half full
            The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
            The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
              And that's why it had to be cancelled ...
              At least it got a movie! Firefly = MST3K? hmm...

Comment

Working...
              X