Spider-Man Far From Home (2019) - SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-Man Far From Home (2019) - SPOILERS

Okay I greatly enjoyed this movie, but I have to admit they did two things that bothered me. One big one is that they killed off Beck. WHY?! I thought we were getting a really good long term villain with Beck and the disgruntled Stark ex-employees. Hopefully the employee group continues.

My minor gripe would be that there is no way anyone could anticipate those holographic shows. It was just silly, but did not ruin the movie. for me.

Okay all that aside I had a great time watching this movie. Opinions about Superhero movies aside these people are turning out some really fun movies.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

I saw this for the first time Thursday night and can finally comment.

I liked the movie a lot too. I especially liked how it was such a direct sequel to "Endgame" and how it featured callbacks to "Civil War" and even the very first "Iron Man" movie. The trailers for this movie didn't do it justice, but I applaud Sony's marketing team for not spoiling the plot twist. I knew going in that Mysterio was a villain in the comics, but was still surprised by where the movie went.

And I loved the cheap European knock-off of Spiderman - Night Monkey!

Comment

Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

And I loved the cheap European knock-off of Spiderman - Night Monkey!
      They are totally going to spin-off a NIGHT MONKEY franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

They are totally going to spin-off a NIGHT MONKEY franchise.
        Earlier today, I was hearing in my head the title track from NIGHT LEGION's self-titled album (starts at 3:42), but with NIGHT MONKEY lyrics!

Night Monkey!

Out there a storm is rising, born from a losing fight
        Stand tall unite the power I am monkey of the night

Break chains that dare define you, look deep within your soul

Unleash the beast that's hidden I am taking back control

And the storm will rise, I will win the fight

Night Monkey - I will never surrender I will never give in
        Night Monkey - born to test the world

Into the fire, broken days of timeless innocence
        I have been waiting to take all that is mine

And the storm will rise, I will win the fight

Night Monkey - I will never surrender I will never give in
        Night Monkey - born to test the world

Comment

Well I CAN CONFIRM you have a future in the NIGHT MONKEY UNIVERSE.

Comment

Thought I'd posted, apparently not.
            Loved loved loved it, had an entirely cinema weekend the Friday it came out
            me and a bunch of friends saw it Friday night
            Then saw rocket man on Saturday with g/f
            then, since her feet were not great so no walking done, we went to see spidey again on Sunday morning.
            I love what they've done with Mj, no shouts about "representation", just a casual swapping out of the WASPish red haired white girl for this lovely (um LatinX? I dunno) wonderfully snarky girl.
            My partner has 3 teenagers and they've got it NAILED also despite being in their early 20s the two leads look young enough to actually be in high school.
            My favourite exchange.
            PP: You look Pretty
            MJ: Therefore I have value? *raises single enquiring eyebrow*
            so yeah great movie, I'll admit i spent more time watching for my E's reaction during some of my favourite scenes than I did looking at the movie. Also Gyylenhall played an excellent Mysterio, correctly embittered with just the right touch of mania.
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

What did everyone think of the post credit twist?

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                What did everyone think of the post credit twist?
                Which one? That J.K. Simmons is back as J. Jonah Jameson and has exposed Peter Parker's secret identity as Night Monkey, er, Spider-Man? Or that Nick Fury is using Skrulls as life model decoys?

Personally, I was more impressed with the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

Which one? That J.K. Simmons is back as J. Jonah Jameson and has exposed Peter Parker's secret identity as Night Monkey, er, Spider-Man? Or that Nick Fury is using Skrulls as life model decoys?

Personally, I was more impressed with the first one.
                  BOTH

I prefer the Fury twist because of the future implications for other franchises. The J. Jonah is just setting up a negative struggle he'll have to face in the future. I'm not a fan of hero's becoming villains in the eyes of the public, but I do love that it suggests MYSTERIO has mores plans for Peter Parker.

Comment

Working...
                  X