• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by Lope de Aguirre
    [DS9] Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
    Amazingly enough, I saw this ep for the first time last night. It was a pretty convoluted plot, and I felt that they were trying too hard to be clever, but it made sense and was good.

The best moment was when Sloan revealed that he recruited Bashir not because he'd do what they wanted him to do, but because he'd do what they DIDN'T want him to do. Just awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I was referring to JDM's long, yet uninformative diatribe on the nature of network affiliates and how CBS is not involved with the syndication of Star Trek.

Leave a comment:

• FuryPilot
    replied
    Originally posted by LessonInMachismo
    Thanks, Captain Obvious.
    Poor widdie baby. Did you wanna be the first to ask that question?

FP

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Leave a comment:

• FuryPilot
    replied
    Was anyone else dissapointed by the ruddy facial closeups and amateur CGI renderings?

FP

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    It depends on his local NBC affiliate. Sometimes stations are the affiliate for more than one network. Mine was supposed to air at 20:00 tonight, but I was out.
    It is almost never the case that a station is an affiliate for more than one major network, like NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox. (The exceptions are a few areas served by four or fewer TV stations. In those cases stations may decide to take different nights from different networks, or even different shows on the same night from different networks. But there are very few such remaining, and even in those areas cable and satellite usually make the full network feed from the "excluded" network[s] available.)

The major networks all schedule many hours of network programming, in day and evening hours, 7 days a week. The only stations that could be affliated with more than one network under normal conditions were the ones that took WB and UPN shows when each network only offered a couple of night's original programming. Since those have merged into The CW, there are now more independent stations around, and therefore more a syndication market than existed a year ago.

In any event, this is all moot. The Trek reruns are being syndicated, not airing on any network at all, just as B5, DS9 and TNG were. That means they are sold on a station-by-station basis for airing in off-network hours. Independent, network affiliate, doesn't matter. (In my area B5 aired in the 7 to 8 PM ET slot on the UPN station - right before Voyager. ) But those were all syndicated originals, airing for the first time, and more likely to get primetime or near-primetime slots. Trek is a 40 year old rerun, albeit one that has been given a new coat of paint, so less likely to get prime scheduling real estate.

The networks are not involved at all in the whole operation. CBS/Paramount corporation owns the rights to the show because CBS and Paramount became corporate siblings, but the CBS network, which is a different entity owned by the same parent, has nothing to do with this reissue.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Wal-Mart currently has all three seasons of TOS for about $55 each.

Leave a comment:

• Lunan
    replied
    3:35 am MONDAY is the only showing on my nbc channel. thats it nothing else, this sucks massive balls

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    It depends on his local NBC affiliate. Sometimes stations are the affiliate for more than one network. Mine was supposed to air at 20:00 tonight, but I was out.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    I don't recall seeing anywhere that it was going to be NBC, but in any case, I'd suggest plugging your zipcode into zap2it.com and searching on "trek" there. Balance of Terror is airing first. We're getting it tomorrow at 11 AM here, on the UPN affiliate -- not NBC.

Leave a comment:

• Lunan
    replied
    They probably mean your local NBC affiliate. Do they give a station?
    that would be channel 4, wnbc, and i just ran thru a week of programming, nada

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    They probably mean your local NBC affiliate. Do they give a station?

Leave a comment:

• Lunan
    replied
    damn it to hell and all i can't find a local station thats goign to be broadcasting the remastered eps. star trek.com says nbc but nbc.com and wnbc.com has no listing for it. looks like i will have to download

Leave a comment:

• Lunan
    replied
    I didn't like the addition of Ezri Dax. I think she was hotter than hell, but her role was unnecessary. Jake Sisko got the shaft in season 7; they could have had him doing war reporting stuff, kind of like in "Nor the Battle to the Strong."

Also, while I enjoyed Vic Fontaine in small doses, they kind of took the overkill route with him in season 7.
    1. ezri, i agree a bit i love the way she popped up in the season opener i thought it was hysterical, but she had no real role on the station other then to be a love intrest
    2. jake, i agree 100% we should have seen him coming off a klingon ship bloody and beat to hell but getting the story, then on a federationshoip, then on a romulan, etc etc
    3. VIC! god i hated this guy, if he showed up 4 times a season for 5 mins at a time i wouldn't have minded 1 little bit but to have so much tiome to such a bad char, errr!

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by moreorless
    Season 3 was where it really took off if you ask me when the Dominion entered the story and was great bar the odd episode until the end of season 6.
    I didn't like the addition of Ezri Dax. I think she was hotter than hell, but her role was unnecessary. Jake Sisko got the shaft in season 7; they could have had him doing war reporting stuff, kind of like in "Nor the Battle to the Strong."

Also, while I enjoyed Vic Fontaine in small doses, they kind of took the overkill route with him in season 7.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X