Why not Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not Sweden

Z'ha'dumDweller, your location says that you're location is "Definately not Sweden".

Why? Should I feel insulted?
    Or should I feel glad that little Sweden is remembered out there?

/IamSheridan
    Interstellar Alliance - Sweden's largest Babylon 5-club
    http://www.babcon.org/

Well, it's not intended as an insult, so whether or not you take offense is up to you. I am partly of Swedish descent, but you couldn't tell what with my 6'6 height and blue eyes. No blond hair ,though.

As for the meaning...I will give you one week to research it and post your answer here. If you haven't figured it out by then, I will give you the answer.

I have spoken.
    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
      Well, it's not intended as an insult, so whether or not you take offense is up to you. I am partly of Swedish descent, but you couldn't tell what with my 6'6 height and blue eyes. No blond hair ,though.

As for the meaning...I will give you one week to research it and post your answer here. If you haven't figured it out by then, I will give you the answer.

I have spoken.
      Omg,you are worse then the Vorlons
      Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

<<Omg,you are worse then the Vorlons>>

...yes.
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Time is up.

The Sweden reference is a derivative from a scene in Star Trek: First Contact, where Lily says "definitely not Swedish" about the Borg, whose name she thought sounded Swedish.

Comment

Time is up.

The Sweden reference is a derivative from a scene in Star Trek: First Contact, where Lily says "definitely not Swedish" about the Borg, whose name she thought sounded Swedish.
            Aha!
            Tried to look at your homepage but found no clues there...
            I WAS thinking that maybe you didn't like Swedish meatballs, which as we all know, have their counterpart among all spacefaring races in the galaxy.

Now I don't have to live in uncertainty anymore.

/IamSheridan

Comment

I once read that a lot of people in Sweden speak English, moreso than other countries that don't have English as their official language. I do know a lot of death metal bands are from there, like In Flames and Entombed.

Comment

I once read that a lot of people in Sweden speak English, moreso than other countries that don't have English as their official language. I do know a lot of death metal bands are from there, like In Flames and Entombed.
                Have you listened to Destiny?
                I'm not sure if they exist anymore but they used to be fairly big in the late 80s or so. Not death metal but "dark metal", according to themselves.

/IamSheridan

Comment

Time is up.

This is a reference to the Swedish tennis player Bjorn Borg, who won Wimbledon several times.
                  Andrew Swallow

Comment

Working...
                  X