The Rampant, Irresponsible Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillieStealAndHow
    The most evil story I read was an article about "Basic Instinct 2" being filmed. This was last year.
    LOL. I wonder if Sharon will show her menopausal beaver this time around. Or the movie may have a younger actress with this task.

LOL.
    "I am just a worthless liar. I am just an embecile. I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well. I will find a center in you; I will chew it up and leave. I will work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down. Why can't we drink forever? I just want to start this over!" TOOL

Comment

• The movie came and went with little notice at all, if any, earlier this year

And to think "Catwoman" did better than "Basic Instinct 2"...

barely
      RIP Coach Larry Finch
      Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
      Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

• Originally posted by manwithnoname
        LOL. I wonder if Sharon will show her menopausal beaver this time around. Or the movie may have a younger actress with this task.

LOL.
        A stunt beaver?
        Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

• Originally posted by frulad
          A stunt beaver?
          I'm sure that PETA will get involved to make sure its not mistreated
          ---
          Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
          www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

• Must...resist...urge...to make...joke about....mistreating beavers....

Comment

• From "The Naked Gun"...

Frank Drebin: Nice beaver!
              Jane Spencer: [producing a stuffed beaver] Thank you. I just had it stuffed.
              RIP Coach Larry Finch
              Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
              Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

A stunt beaver?
                When it comes to Hollywood...

They could actually have a body double do naked scenes for an actress. Playboy had an article years ago about a handful of actresses that do body-doubling work in Hollywood for the Big Name Actresses unwilling to do their own nude scene(s). These women who get paid for this work, I classify as Butterface women: hot body, but her face..is not pretty.
                "I am just a worthless liar. I am just an embecile. I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well. I will find a center in you; I will chew it up and leave. I will work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down. Why can't we drink forever? I just want to start this over!" TOOL

Comment

• Originally posted by thebaron
                  I'm sure that PETA will get involved to make sure its not mistreated
                  Shame on anyone who mistreats any beaver. <wink>

Comment

• Originally posted by manwithnoname
                    When it comes to Hollywood...

They could actually have a body double do naked scenes for an actress. Playboy had an article years ago about a handful of actresses that do body-doubling work in Hollywood for the Big Name Actresses unwilling to do their own nude scene(s). These women who get paid for this work, I classify as Butterface women: hot body, but her face..is not pretty.
                    I remember that article. Wasn't that the same issue from years back that had a photo spread with the model that doubled Julia Roberts' body on the Pretty Woman poster?

Comment

I remember that article. Wasn't that the same issue from years back that had a photo spread with the model that doubled Julia Roberts' body on the Pretty Woman poster?
                      Yes, you are correct, sir!

Comment

• Invitations and RSVP cards

--- Not sure if it falls under political discussion, but here goes ---

I have a question regarding party invitations (Weddings, Sweet 16Æs and/or anniversaries)à from time to time invitations (in a general sense) are mailed out to people with the request for an RSVP. While it would be nice if people responded in a timely manner most people disregard this request as being too formal a request and all to often make things difficult for the hosts. What are your thought on this matter and when it comes to small and large groups of people? Also points of views from the sender or the receiver. What is their excuse?
                        "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

• It's laziness. I hate when I write up a big e-mail at work and ask for suggestions or comments, but NOBODY replies. Then they call you a week later bitching about the very subject that you had asked for suggestions on.
                          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

• Well, since we don't have a ramant, irresponsible etiquette thread yet...

I cannot imagine ever ignoring an RSVP. It's just plain rude. When I sent out my wedding invitations, I sent RSVP cards with them, with envelopes, but that was because that card also needed them to fill out information if they needed me to make hotel reservations for them. It was a very small group so all of them responded

Generally, I think the people expect the host/ess to call and follow up if there's no response received and again, that's rude. Anybody planning an event important enough for formal invitations certainly has enough to do without having to follow up. The times I've encountered people who didn't RSVP, I followed up with a phone call but it began with "I'm so sorry you won't be able to attend..." if only for the momentary satisfaction of making them squirm a little.

In this day and age, it might be helpful if you gave people a variety of ways of responding--by phone or mail or email and that might help your success rate. Of course, the larger the gathering the more hassel that is to keep straight.

Jan
                            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
                              It's laziness. I hate when I write up a big e-mail at work and ask for suggestions or comments, but NOBODY replies. Then they call you a week later bitching about the very subject that you had asked for suggestions on.
                              Originally posted by Jan
                              Generally, I think the people expect the host/ess to call and follow up if there's no response received and again, that's rude. Anybody planning an event important enough for formal invitations certainly has enough to do without having to follow up. The times I've encountered people who didn't RSVP, I followed up with a phone call but it began with "I'm so sorry you won't be able to attend..." if only for the momentary satisfaction of making them squirm a little.
                              Yeah, I have come across that tooà it is difficult to work around absent-minded guests even when some of them are family. Why is it that people think parties donÆt have to be scheduled? In the past I have planned parties for 25+ people and have 15 show up or plan for 15 people and have 25+ show up. Sometimes it is just frustrating trying to accommodate people when everyone wants to be loose and free.
                              "The world is a dangerous place---not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" --Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
                                It's laziness. I hate when I write up a big e-mail at work and ask for suggestions or comments, but NOBODY replies. Then they call you a week later bitching about the very subject that you had asked for suggestions on.
                                I have been there so many times brother. I hate when it happens.
                                ---
                                Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
                                www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

Working...
                                X