• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Panzer
    Bending rules since 1978
    • Jan 2004

Dikes aren't accepted in the States since it offends some deities
    RIP Coach Larry Finch
    Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
    Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

• Towelmaster
      Dr. Zelenka
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by WillieStealAndHow
      Dikes aren't accepted in the States since it offends some deities
      Did I give you a chance to write that or did I?

Now go on; tell us about how you should ALWAYS maintain your dike...?

Oh shit, it's weekend again...
      "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

• Dr Maturin
        Ship's Surgeon
        • Feb 2004

NO had thirty years to prepare for a big hurricane. They failed.
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

• Towelmaster
          Dr. Zelenka
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
          We know. I would like to know why. Because on the one hand that city may have behaved completely irresponsibly, but on the other hand they DID cut the Federal budget some years ago, or so I hear.
          "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

• Dr Maturin
            Ship's Surgeon
            • Feb 2004

Cutting the Federal budget means that states need to be more fiscally responsible, not that the Federal government is at fault for anything in any state.
            Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

• Night Marshal
              Confirmed User
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Towelmaster
              We know. I would like to know why. Because on the one hand that city may have behaved completely irresponsibly, but on the other hand they DID cut the Federal budget some years ago, or so I hear.
              So what if they cut the budget the money would have never went to the levies anyways I your agrument is moot.

thats what happens when your leading the us in corption.
              "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

• Karachi Vyce
                The Keeper of My Heart
                • Nov 2005

Remember, George Bush hates black people.

Although looking specifically at Katrina, I think it'd be fair to say *God* pretty much hates black people, but I doubt that statement would be as well received as Kanye's was.
                "I don't find myself in the same luxury as you. You grew up in freedom, and you can spit on freedom, because you don't know what it is not to have freedom." ---Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Comment

• David Panzer
                  Bending rules since 1978
                  • Jan 2004

Weather is a real bitch, ain't it
                  RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

• Jan
                    • Oct 2003

As somebody who spent the longest 10 years of her life in New Orleans, which actually took 18 months of time in the rest of the world, let me just give you the general (I know...after all I've said about generalities...) impression I was left with:

New Orleans poiticians in particular and Louisiana politicians in general are corrupt, greedy, lazy and ignorant and the only reason why there hasn't been a serious catastrophe before now is sheer dumb luck. Now, having grown up in Chicago, I can't say that I have a major problem with corrupt, greedy politicians as long as they're competent! The ones in power when I was there weren't. Fortunately for them, the voters are mainly poor and ignorant themselves and willing to vote for 'bread and circuses' rather than competent leadership.

Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• David Panzer
                      Bending rules since 1978
                      • Jan 2004

Popular Mechanics: Debunking Katrina Myths from the March '06 issue

A very good article that remains politically neutral about Katrina.
                      RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

• AaronB
                        Space for rent
                        • Dec 2003

Popular Mechanics: Debunking Katrina Myths from the March '06 issue

A very good article that remains politically neutral about Katrina.
                        Thanks for the article. I have not read the article yet, but I remember that they did the same debunking for 9/11 and it was very well done.
                        ---
                        Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
                        www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

• Dr Maturin
                          Ship's Surgeon
                          • Feb 2004

And SD bans abortion.

On one hand, I think this is a great victory for federalism, but the last I heard, the law makes no exceptions for incest and rape.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. ? Gov. Mike Rounds signed legislation Monday banning nearly all abortions in South Dakota, setting up a court fight aimed at challenging the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion.

The bill would make it a crime for doctors to perform an abortion unless the procedure was necessary to save the woman's life. It would make no exception for cases of rape or incest.
                          Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

Comment

• David Panzer
                            Bending rules since 1978
                            • Jan 2004

Although I have no opinion in abortion, since males cannot give birth, I don't see what the fuss is about in allowing someone the opportunity to choose. It seems some enjoy making decisions for others. Besides, I thought federalism supported the ideal that individuals can make decisions for themselves.
                            Last edited by David Panzer; 03-06-2006, 09:15 PM.
                            RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

• AaronB
                              Space for rent
                              • Dec 2003

Although I have no opinion in abortion, since males cannot give birth, I don't see what the fuss is about in allowing someone the opportunity to choose. It seems some enjoy making decisions for others. Besides, I thought federalism supported the ideal that individuals can make decisions for themselves.
                              you're thinking libertarianism. Federalism is the concept of giving the states the right to make their own laws and having a limited federal government. Here is the wikipedia entry about it.
                              ---
                              Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
                              www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

• Jan
                                • Oct 2003

And SD bans abortion.

On one hand, I think this is a great victory for federalism, but the last I heard, the law makes no exceptions for incest and rape.
                                What incredibly bad lawmaking. Is it possible that SD has nothing better to do? There's one abortion clinic in the entire state so they've passed a law against it, knowing that it'll be tied up in court for years to come. Talk about grandstanding.

Thank heavens transportation is cheap and easy these days so that women can go elsewhere for the procedure.

Jan
                                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
                                X