No announcement yet.

The Rampant, Irresponsible Drinking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as beer goes, I'll drink bud when I don't feel like thinking too hard about what I want to drink. But if I want good beer, I go for the dark ales, i.e. Amberbock, Shinerbock and pretty much anything with a bock after it. Guinness is definitely an acquired taste! And Guinness Stout should only be atempted by a professional.

Other than beer, I'll drink wine, preferable a Merlot, and rum! Straight or mixed. Doesn't matter. As long as it's not that bacardi garbage. Blech. Give me Puerto Rican or give me death!
    "Sector 87 by 20 by 42. At least a dozen ships have reported seeing something rather godlike in the area, and since neither you nor I were there, it must be one of the first ones." -- Marcus to Ivanova (J. Michael Straczynski)

Comment

not drinking

Alas I'm off beer this month, last w/e in Feb I was drinking Thurs- Sun inclusive, then went out and tuesday and had about the recommended weekly allowance so I'm stopping for march (not just because it's lent for any catholics out there, pure coincedence )
      still, I'll be attacking every bar in Edinbrugh over easter to make up for it.
      Phaze
      on the "what me? alcoholic?, nah just Irish " ID
      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Guinness.....mmmmmmmm (It was love at first sight I tell ya...) The drink of gods I would say.....

But, when I dont want to put my digestive system thru quite as much abuse, then it has to be a lovely pint (or 9...) of Kilkenny.....
        This Staircase has 105 Steps...

Comment

Drown the Shamrock

Can I take this (early) opportunity to say HAPPY PADDY'S DAY!
          Have a good one, I'm dry this moht myself (making it my first sober paddy's day since I started drinking in July '89) but I'l raise a glass or three to ye in a fortnight.
          drown the shamrock now people, I'll be watching vicariously.
          Phaze,
          on the "muttering soberly from the sidelines" ID
          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Yay for a day devoted to drunken-ness! I am so gettin' my green on tomorrow. I've never celebrated St. Paddy's day out of stubborness, but this year I shall heed to my Irish roots and proceed to get smashed on green beer and listen to bad music.
            "Sector 87 by 20 by 42. At least a dozen ships have reported seeing something rather godlike in the area, and since neither you nor I were there, it must be one of the first ones." -- Marcus to Ivanova (J. Michael Straczynski)

Comment

Working...
            X