Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phazedout
    replied
    well, hows this for service, amazon posted it to me on Thursday, it arrived today
    Still no sign of the CafÚ press stuff but that's OK, I've not finished reading volume 2 yet (I blame the Robin Hobb Tawny Man trilogy, it crgabbe dme and won't let go*)
    Phaze
    on the "now I've got buffy twice, time to convert some friends" ID
    *that reminds me, perhaps we could start a "books to be read" thread in off-topic, or a DVDs to be watched, I've got huge piles of both
    www.phazecast.com

Leave a comment:

• Stunning_in_Purple
    replied
    Unless they tell you their name is Meg Smith with a thiiiiick Indian accent.

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Speaking to other human beings rocks.

Always has. Always will.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    <bump>

Didn't want to start a new thread so I though I'd put this here.
    a while back I ordered the complete buffy from amazon.com. It duly (and do I mean duly, 3-4 weeks) arrived at my desk and I happily took all 39 discs home. The other night I was trying to convert my freidn to buffy and I stuck in disc 2, season 6. IT wouldn't play. "this is weird" I thought, as I'd ripped all discs (purely to check they worked, didn't duplicate, jsut didn't have time to watch the whole d*mmn thing). I emailed amazon on Wednesday to explain that 1 disc was damaged, could I get a replacement.
    They emailed me back to say "we've credited your card with the full amount, and wil now ship a new set to you and charge you for it please ship us back the original set "
    I don't get it, one disc was damaged, not the whole thing. I emaile dto exaplin this. They responded by saying "thank you for informing us yo've shipped (I hadn't, and had explained that to ship 3.5 kilos the distance invovled would cost me 55 euro (or about $80 roughly half the cost of the set))
    I sent off a very snotty email sarcasticly asking if they actually spent any time READING what I'd sent them. result "we're sorry to hear tow of the discs you got sent were damaged (it wasn't, it was disc two of season six)"
    I'm just about to go totallyu ballistic when I See that wonderous thing a phone number I rang them and had a 5 minute chat with a nice kentuncian. She explained they can't break a set, I explained tha tI'd already given away those parts of the set I had purchased to friends and no longer had the full thing. After some discussion (and nice hold music) she came back on the line and said "keep the stuff yopu have, you can sell or give away any duplicates, we don't need it back"
    So Donald duck-like frustration aside, got a nice result.
    In closing, it seems a 5 minute phone-call can cut through misunderstandings generated by 5+ emails.
    Phaze
    on the "duplicate buffy, that's birthdays sorted then" ID

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by OmahaStar
    *faint!*
    Bratling.

Be good or I won't give you your spanking...

Jan

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    I still haven't managed to get very far into 'Othersyde' yet.

Jan

*faint!*

Leave a comment:

• Joansie
    replied
    I love his novel's I couldn't put down "Othersyde" I didn't think I would like it when I started reading about kids but changed my mind about a 1/4 of the way through. Enjoyed "Demon Night", even if it was a bit off beat.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by babylon1122
    So far JMS is batting 100% with me. I have to say that so far I have liked everything he has written.
    It would probably cause some of my friends to faint if they saw this, but I still haven't managed to get very far into 'Othersyde' yet. It just hasn't managed to grab my attention at all. In fact, JMS's novels are generally among my least favorite of the stuff he writes. His TV work is far and away my favorite followed by some of his comics.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Here's one on Ebay. You'll need to ask if he'll ship outside of the US, though.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    replied
    Good laugh

Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh
    Sorry, totally misread almost all the key elements of your posting. (particularly the words, though I have a firm grasp of what you are trying to say with the spaces and the punctuation marks. )
    At least I got a good laugh out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Joansie
    replied
    here for $4.99.
    I just went to the link you supplied Jan and started to read the book. Boy, I forgot how much I liked Tribulations. I went to find my book but I couldn't. I'll have to look harder when I get home from work. Need read it again.

So far JMS is batting 100% with me. I have to say that so far I have liked everything he has written.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Oh, I dunno...don't you think that second elipsis obscures things a bit? Otherwise how could he have written that he'd tried Amazon US but I still posted a link to it? Must be his fault, eh?

Hope others can help.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    Sorry, totally misread almost all the key elements of your posting. (particularly the words, though I have a firm grasp of what you are trying to say with the spaces and the punctuation marks. )

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    replied
    Not Dante

Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh
    I'll have a look for Dante and let you know.
    It's not Dante I'm talking about. I've been trying to get "Tribulations" by J. Michael Straczynski for quite a while now.

They accept the order. And then send an "I'm sorry" mail. Some even take my money before finding out they don't even have the book.

It's the Egyption god of frustration at work at my expense I guess.

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    replied
    Used ones

Originally posted by Jan
    What about the used ones that were listed from the same link?
    Jan
    They simply say that they have forgotten to remove the book from the database of available books and then refund my money.

When you check... Tribulations is still there. So the title isn't removed.

It seems to be a ploy to attract customers. Once they've got your e-mail... I regularly get ... special offers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X