X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OmahaStar
    *faint!*
    Bratling.

Be good or I won't give you your spanking...

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

<bump>

Didn't want to start a new thread so I though I'd put this here.
      a while back I ordered the complete buffy from amazon.com. It duly (and do I mean duly, 3-4 weeks) arrived at my desk and I happily took all 39 discs home. The other night I was trying to convert my freidn to buffy and I stuck in disc 2, season 6. IT wouldn't play. "this is weird" I thought, as I'd ripped all discs (purely to check they worked, didn't duplicate, jsut didn't have time to watch the whole d*mmn thing). I emailed amazon on Wednesday to explain that 1 disc was damaged, could I get a replacement.
      They emailed me back to say "we've credited your card with the full amount, and wil now ship a new set to you and charge you for it please ship us back the original set "
      I don't get it, one disc was damaged, not the whole thing. I emaile dto exaplin this. They responded by saying "thank you for informing us yo've shipped (I hadn't, and had explained that to ship 3.5 kilos the distance invovled would cost me 55 euro (or about $80 roughly half the cost of the set))
      I sent off a very snotty email sarcasticly asking if they actually spent any time READING what I'd sent them. result "we're sorry to hear tow of the discs you got sent were damaged (it wasn't, it was disc two of season six)"
      I'm just about to go totallyu ballistic when I See that wonderous thing a phone number I rang them and had a 5 minute chat with a nice kentuncian. She explained they can't break a set, I explained tha tI'd already given away those parts of the set I had purchased to friends and no longer had the full thing. After some discussion (and nice hold music) she came back on the line and said "keep the stuff yopu have, you can sell or give away any duplicates, we don't need it back"
      So Donald duck-like frustration aside, got a nice result.
      In closing, it seems a 5 minute phone-call can cut through misunderstandings generated by 5+ emails.
      Phaze
      on the "duplicate buffy, that's birthdays sorted then" ID
      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Speaking to other human beings rocks.

Always has. Always will.

The Optimist: The glass is half full
        The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
        The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Unless they tell you their name is Meg Smith with a thiiiiick Indian accent.
          "Sector 87 by 20 by 42. At least a dozen ships have reported seeing something rather godlike in the area, and since neither you nor I were there, it must be one of the first ones." -- Marcus to Ivanova (J. Michael Straczynski)

Comment

well, hows this for service, amazon posted it to me on Thursday, it arrived today
            Still no sign of the CafÚ press stuff but that's OK, I've not finished reading volume 2 yet (I blame the Robin Hobb Tawny Man trilogy, it crgabbe dme and won't let go*)
            Phaze
            on the "now I've got buffy twice, time to convert some friends" ID
            *that reminds me, perhaps we could start a "books to be read" thread in off-topic, or a DVDs to be watched, I've got huge piles of both
            www.phazecast.com
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Working...
            X