Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radhil
    replied
    Jack watching baseball was genius, Sawyer picking a fight like a roughneck then analysing the whole thing like a G.I. Joe was genius, Kate in the dress melts me just a bit... I do love this show.

I am glad they are getting back to the hatch fallout though. I like the mindgames with the Others but it felt like nothing happened for two episodes.

Leave a comment:

• NotSoWize
    replied
    For me, Lost is still the most consistently amazing show on the air. The endlessly expanding cast might come to be a problem down the road, but for now, I look forward to more stories/flashbacks for every character on the island. I thought last night's episode was especially strong with great Kate/Sawyer interactions, a significant amount of new information on Sun/Jin's backstory, and the highlight of Ben's torturing/bribing Jack by running the Red Sox winning the World Series footage was absolute genius.

If I had my druthers, Lost would be split into two series just so I could see more characters every week. I mean we still haven't seen anything about whole gang back at the beach and the hatch. I demand 44-48 episodes of Lost per year!

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair
    Hmm ... you would be wrong on the last point.
    Well, I did say "probably," not "definitely." :-)

It was a great concert -- it was the first time I've seen them include "World of Good" in their set, which was terrific. But the super bonus moment for me was towards the end, when they surprised us with a rousing cover of T Rex's "Get It On."

Amy

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Originally posted by thebaron
    I'll be honest, I hate all of the flashbacks and usually fast forward through all of those. Since I just got into the show mid way through last season, I'll let others (pun intended) debate Amy's other points.
    Don't skip over them as they may have clues about what is going on on the island.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG
    I'm a bit perturbed that they started the season off with a Jackback...
    There's about three dirty jokes there, all springing from the word "Jackback"...

Leave a comment:

• AaronB
    replied
    I thought it was a pretty auspicious season opener, but then again, so was last season's and look what happened after that... :-p

I'm a bit perturbed that they started the season off with a Jackback, but other than that, it was really pretty good. I'm just afraid that they are both 1) diluting the audience's ability to connect deeply with the cast by making it so top heavy (Juliet! Karl! Ben! Etc.!), and 2) losing the primary thing that was interesting about that show, that is, the idea of a bunch of people having to SURVIVE, ALONE, in a WILDERNESS. Yeah. Last season we had the never-empty pantry; this season we have Others Parke Villas Phase II. <g>
    I'll be honest, I hate all of the flashbacks and usually fast forward through all of those. Since I just got into the show mid way through last season, I'll let others (pun intended) debate Amy's other points.

You know I think I saw an add with Eric Estrada advertising space for sale at Others Parke Villas Phase II

Leave a comment:

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Amy (deaf, hoarse, and very sore, having just returned from a seriously rocking concert by the Saw Doctors -- who probably nobody here but Phaze has heard of...)
    Hmm ... you would be wrong on the last point.

And typically enough, the one show of their UK tour that comes anything like close enough for me to get to is on a night I am already tied up doing stuff with my own band.

C'est la vie.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    I thought it was a pretty auspicious season opener, but then again, so was last season's and look what happened after that... :-p

I'm a bit perturbed that they started the season off with a Jackback, but other than that, it was really pretty good. I'm just afraid that they are both 1) diluting the audience's ability to connect deeply with the cast by making it so top heavy (Juliet! Karl! Ben! Etc.!), and 2) losing the primary thing that was interesting about that show, that is, the idea of a bunch of people having to SURVIVE, ALONE, in a WILDERNESS. Yeah. Last season we had the never-empty pantry; this season we have Others Parke Villas Phase II. <g>

Still, I'm sticking with it for the time being.

Amy (deaf, hoarse, and very sore, having just returned from a seriously rocking concert by the Saw Doctors -- who probably nobody here but Phaze has heard of...)

Leave a comment:

• AaronB
    replied
    Now that the season premier has passed, what did everyone think?

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    I bump, therefore I am.

Starts up tomorrow night.

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    Owing to the cable box that conveniently decided to fritz 15 minutes into the finale, I actually didn't see it till just now.

So.

What the hell just happened?!

Leave a comment:

• Joansie
    replied
    I read that Danielle will play a bigger part in next season and we will find out about some of her past and the ship she was on. That I am looking forward to as I like the character of Danielle and the person who is playing her.

Leave a comment:

• alex_t
    replied
    This week producers of "Lost" said that actress playing Ana Lucia wanted to be on the show only for one year (and she wasn't killed for the DUI). Actress playing Libby wanted out of contract, because she signed for the pilot of some other show.

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    Originally posted by vacantlook
    As to why it was Ana Lucia and Libby that were the ones he shot, my best friend reminded me of something that happened back in December that might have something to do with it.
    I'd forgotten about that, when it apparently blew over. Guess not.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Anyone else notice the numbers on the police cruisers on the rooftop parking lot?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X