• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger1
    replied
    Re: some advice?

Originally posted by Norm1066
    Hi! I read your excellent screenwriting book...
    First of all hi.

Second: who are you talking to? just in case you didn't know,JMS does not read this forum.

Third: next time its not necessary to reply to your own last comment,you can just edit it (saves on the flood).

Leave a comment:

• Norm1066
    replied
    It's me again

I also wanted to ask where do I reach the executive producer, producer, story writer? Do I write them c/o USA network, do I write to OCPI productions on the sample script I bought on Ebay they have that name and a studio in New Jersey. Andy Breckman lives in New Jersey (The series creator and executive producer) All the pigs on the AOL site are saying I can't sell a script without first moving to Hollywood. Is that just a rumor or is that real? I am trying to do this in a professional manner. Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Norm1066
    replied
    some advice?

Hi! I read your excellent screenwriting book. I used it to format my very first script, for the Monk tv series. I was busy trying to follow your detailled blueprint of how to market but was stopped by--No address to send a query letter to. I went on the AOL writers corner and innocently asked if anyone knew the address where I could send a query letter for my script and...you would have thought I set off a bomb. I got a ton of insult mail. Studios won't do anything with no agent (you said most don't but a very small percentage do) They said tv series are never queried. Well, I'm not sure. You said send "A polite letter of inquiry." Isn't that the same thing as a query letter? I hate to be dense, but I wasnt sure so I thought I'd just ask.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I thought I'd take this opportunity to both introduce myself as a newbie and to point out something funny about Lytaaaargh's name.

There is a minor leage hockey team, from NC, I believe. The name? The Grrrowl. No joke.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Omg can you feel the love on this board....welcome fgalkin

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Welcome to our humble abode fgalkin

Leave a comment:

• MALCOLM XERXESÖ
    replied
    ENTER FREELY, & OF YOUR OWN WILL