X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by Laiden
    I bought myself a couple of games friday so I could last through the weekend. apparantly the person I bought Nip/Tuck for has something for me tonight we shall see.
    Nothing like holiday hanky panky.

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    One of my Christmas gifts hasn't arrived yet. It's either Script Book #1 (and #2, if I'm lucky -here's to hoping) or one of the other things I've asked for. In any case, I can't ask 'cause it'll ruin the surprise, and I can't go out and get the things I didn't get for Christmas, just in case that's what's coming. Bummer!

Still, I did get the mug with "But in purple...." and the t-shirt "Only one human captain...."

At least I'll avoid the crowds...

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    replied
    Christmas was fun even though I'm the only one in my family who doesn't bother with the religious stuff.

It was nice to see my hometown college team win a bowl game today. Memphis 38 - Akron 31 in the meaningless Motor City Bowl.

I'm playing Deus Ex for PC, God of War for PS2, and reading The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton with 2 books by Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash and The Diamond Age next to read. I also received needed thick socks and underwear.

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    I've got to work as I was off Friday for my 'holiday day'. It's going to be quiet, quiet, quiet!
    Ditto. Except I change for myself as "bored, bored, bored."

I might hit the malls Wednesday. Serenity needs purchasing, and a few books I think.

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    I bought myself a couple of games friday so I could last through the weekend. apparantly the person I bought Nip/Tuck for has something for me tonight we shall see.

Leave a comment:

• FuryPilot
    replied
    Might just buy Serenity. Got Firefly for Christmas, but not the movie.

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    replied
    I just woke up

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I'm going out to pick up The Shield Season 4. Strange, it having a Monday release date...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    So are any of you going out today to A) bargain hunt? B) return/exchange gifts? or C) use gift cards/certificates to bargain hunt?

I've got to work as I was off Friday for my 'holiday day'. It's going to be quiet, quiet, quiet!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    <smug mode> I had all my shopping done last week and went out yesterday to observe the chaos - 'tis fun to watch wehen you know you aren't under any preassure to buy anyone anything. Then a friend unexpectedly gave me a 25 euro voucher for HMV (local music/dvd/game store) now I have to get him soemthing - argh!
    </smug mode>
    phaze,
    on the "enjoy whatever time off you have, and try not to kill the family members you've been avoiding all year" ID

Leave a comment:

• Laiden
    replied
    I braved the Line at Best Buy to purchase Nip/Tuck Season 1 for a lady friend of mine who wants it. I didnt have to purchase it since I had already given her 3 gifts as it stands, but I felt really nice today.

My brother over-exaggerated, or flat out lied about the line being "atrocious" because I closed the shop for 45 minutes to run to the bank and Best Buy and I was out of there in 7 minutes . . . I just think he didnt want to deal with it and made an excuse

~!!SEASONS GREETINGS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!~

And Jan, tell your cats to behave TAKE CARE!

I'll see everyone next week!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Oh, the last minute rush...

I went out to buy some last-minute groceries this morning before my brother arrives later on. Just for my own amusement, I made an extra point of trying to make eye contact and speaking to the people I encountered. Oy...poor people are *so* stressed but mostly polite. Oddly enough, the checkers and store workers were the ones in good moods. Every single one of them I saw were being polite and helpful and watchful of people needing help.

Me, I'm a kind of sorry that a few of the gifts I'd planned on giving haven't arrived yet but they'll keep until next week to get shipped. The neat thing is that I found things I think the people will enjoy, mostly of the 'stocking stuffer sort of thing. I enjoy giving several little presents more than one big present.

My cats are *most* unhappy at all of the strangers knocking on the door. They growl and give mean looks...from underneath something.

To each and every one of you, I'd like to wish a Merry, Happy, Prosperous, Joyous Solstice, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Boxing Day and/or New Year! Thanks for being here.

Jan
    time to prepare my 'famous' welcome dinner for my brother.

Leave a comment:

• rallytbk
    replied
    Originally posted by WillieStealAndHow
    Rallytbk- I can only speak from experiences with my family, though I'm by no means the official spokesperson. à At least in our family we all help out with the cooking, be it bringing a dish with us, supplying the drinks and dessert, or give grandma a hand by cooking the turkey or ham ourselves. My grandma just turned 82. Cooking an entire meal for 11-17 people, helping her out isn't a question even though she doesn't ask for it.
    God bless, wow 82. she must be happy with a full house every time the family comes over. Even if she makes a fuss about doing it herself, at least offers are madeà Those are the reasons why I enjoyed the old daysà Money was never an issue with my rant, but getting together and enjoying each otherÆs company without arguing is like pulling teeth with tweezers (near impossible to do). If more people were considerate of others well being, then the so-called holidays would be more bearable and enjoyable.

Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    I am the best gift giver. I can spend $5 and make somebody extremely happy. You just have to keep your eyes and ears open.
    Please tell me what it is so that I can buy the same gift (or am I reading too much in to this?).

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    I am the best gift giver. I can spend $5 and make somebody extremely happy. You just have to keep your eyes and ears open.

Leave a comment:

• Satai Delenn
    replied
    I hate the holidays as well .Xmas is supposed to be about giving presents to family but my relatives are tough to buy for and when I do the person I am giving it to doesn't like or it doesn't fit.All the running around and shopping has become to much of a hassle and xmas is just to commericalized these days you lose what christmas is supposed to really mean.So I now I become quite accustomed to giving a gift card to the relatives.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X