No announcement yet.

Christmas rush or bust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<smug mode> I had all my shopping done last week and went out yesterday to observe the chaos - 'tis fun to watch wehen you know you aren't under any preassure to buy anyone anything. Then a friend unexpectedly gave me a 25 euro voucher for HMV (local music/dvd/game store) now I have to get him soemthing - argh!
    </smug mode>
    phaze,
    on the "enjoy whatever time off you have, and try not to kill the family members you've been avoiding all year" ID
    "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

So are any of you going out today to A) bargain hunt? B) return/exchange gifts? or C) use gift cards/certificates to bargain hunt?

I've got to work as I was off Friday for my 'holiday day'. It's going to be quiet, quiet, quiet!

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I'm going out to pick up The Shield Season 4. Strange, it having a Monday release date...
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I just woke up
          RIP Coach Larry Finch
          Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
          Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

Might just buy Serenity. Got Firefly for Christmas, but not the movie.

Comment

I bought myself a couple of games friday so I could last through the weekend. apparantly the person I bought Nip/Tuck for has something for me tonight we shall see.
              "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                I've got to work as I was off Friday for my 'holiday day'. It's going to be quiet, quiet, quiet!
                Ditto. Except I change for myself as "bored, bored, bored."

I might hit the malls Wednesday. Serenity needs purchasing, and a few books I think.
                Radhil Trebors
                Persona Under Construction

Comment

Christmas was fun even though I'm the only one in my family who doesn't bother with the religious stuff.

It was nice to see my hometown college team win a bowl game today. Memphis 38 - Akron 31 in the meaningless Motor City Bowl.

I'm playing Deus Ex for PC, God of War for PS2, and reading The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton with 2 books by Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash and The Diamond Age next to read. I also received needed thick socks and underwear.
                  RIP Coach Larry Finch
                  Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
                  Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

One of my Christmas gifts hasn't arrived yet. It's either Script Book #1 (and #2, if I'm lucky -here's to hoping) or one of the other things I've asked for. In any case, I can't ask 'cause it'll ruin the surprise, and I can't go out and get the things I didn't get for Christmas, just in case that's what's coming. Bummer!

Still, I did get the mug with "But in purple...." and the t-shirt "Only one human captain...."

At least I'll avoid the crowds...
                    Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

Originally posted by Laiden
                      I bought myself a couple of games friday so I could last through the weekend. apparantly the person I bought Nip/Tuck for has something for me tonight we shall see.
                      Nothing like holiday hanky panky.
                      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Working...
                      X