X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towelmaster
    replied
    Well that's in the eye of the reader...

This is the guy who finished 'The Locusts' when Niven got stuck, and turned it into one of the best SF-novellas I have ever read. And boy did I read a lot of them... Famous opening and closing line of the story : "There are no people on Alpha Centauri"...(you only know what that refers to at the end of the story). I must admit that I am as good as convinced that that line was written by Larry Niven hmimself, it really is his style.

Anyway : this is also the guy who co-wrote 'The Legacy of Heorot' and 'Dragons of Heorot', very worthwhile books, and not fantasy but pure Science Fiction.

Would you like to know more?

http://www.lionsblood.com/html/steve.htm

GTBOS,

TM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    t may be off-topic but I read this anecdote, told by Steven Barnes(look it up, a good SF-writer).
    Is this the same Barnes who was lauded as the first black Star Wars novelist? If so, I found his work to be terrible.

Leave a comment:

• Towelmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    I want to see some of those 'tell me a story' ones that JMS was talking about.
    It may be off-topic but I read this anecdote, told by Steven Barnes(look it up, a good SF-writer). Apparently he went to an SF-convention where the special guest was Larry Niven. So he introduces himself with "Hello Mr. Niven. My name is Steven Barnes and I'm a writer too".

Niven puffs his cigar, looks at Steven Barnes and says "O.K. Tell me a story".
    According to Barnes he did tell a story, with sweat pouring down his back, sweat in his hands, sweat everywhere. He came out of it allright, he wrote some great stories and books together with Larry Niven a year or so later...

/off-topic

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I know...if you didn't love me you wouldn't tease me, right?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    replied
    A-ha!! So you have been slipping money under the table.

Where were you on the night of December 19th, 2005?

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by WillieStealAndHow
    Is that why you're slipping money under the table?
    Wait! What? Where's the camera? Who told?

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    replied
    Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    Oh, I assure you that was a purely rhetorical question and I have no suspicions of you regarding corruption of any kind.
    Is that why you're slipping money under the table?

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    That's another one I'll have to get back to you on. Or not...after all, I'm such a nice person, who could ever suspect me of corruption??

(Hmm...we need an angelic smiley...<g>)
    Oh, I assure you that was a purely rhetorical question and I have no suspicions of you regarding corruption of any kind.

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    That's another one I'll have to get back to you on. Or not...after all, I'm such a nice person, who could ever suspect me of corruption??
    Jan
    Once you run for office

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied

(Hmm...we need an angelic smiley...<g>)

Jan

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely. (I'll let you know about that when I get absolute power...<g>)
    Ah, but does absolute corruption empower?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Milkman
    haha.. well.. my thread was first, but the other thread must have had a snappier title? :P
    Actually...I think I changed it. Not that both of your thread titles weren't absolutely lovely, they were. I'm just still very insecure about doing things like that and I'm always afraid I'll lose everything from both threads...

Anyway this is of course great news. Getting B5 in the public eye is always good. Maybe some more interest will be generated for a movie again.
    I want to see some of those 'tell me a story' ones that JMS was talking about.

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    With great power comes great responsibility...
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely. (I'll let you know about that when I get absolute power...<g>)

Jan

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    I gots da POWER!

See what happens when I'm forced to put on that damned hat?

Jan
    With great power comes great responsibility...

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    I gots da POWER!

See what happens when I'm forced to put on that damned hat?

Jan
    haha.. well.. my thread was first, but the other thread must have had a snappier title? :P

Anyway this is of course great news. Getting B5 in the public eye is always good. Maybe some more interest will be generated for a movie again.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    They could do some good stuff with wrestling...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X