WB/AOL Online TV Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milkman
    haha.. well.. my thread was first, but the other thread must have had a snappier title? :P
    Actually...I think I changed it. Not that both of your thread titles weren't absolutely lovely, they were. I'm just still very insecure about doing things like that and I'm always afraid I'll lose everything from both threads...

Anyway this is of course great news. Getting B5 in the public eye is always good. Maybe some more interest will be generated for a movie again.
    I want to see some of those 'tell me a story' ones that JMS was talking about.

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    With great power comes great responsibility...
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely. (I'll let you know about that when I get absolute power...<g>)

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
      Absolute power corrupts absolutely. (I'll let you know about that when I get absolute power...<g>)
      Ah, but does absolute corruption empower?
      "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

That's another one I'll have to get back to you on. Or not...after all, I'm such a nice person, who could ever suspect me of corruption??

(Hmm...we need an angelic smiley...<g>)

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
          That's another one I'll have to get back to you on. Or not...after all, I'm such a nice person, who could ever suspect me of corruption??
          Jan
          Once you run for office
          RIP Coach Larry Finch
          Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
          Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

Originally posted by Jan

(Hmm...we need an angelic smiley...<g>)
            Oh, I assure you that was a purely rhetorical question and I have no suspicions of you regarding corruption of any kind.
            "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
              Oh, I assure you that was a purely rhetorical question and I have no suspicions of you regarding corruption of any kind.
              Is that why you're slipping money under the table?
              RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

Originally posted by WillieStealAndHow
                Is that why you're slipping money under the table?
                Wait! What? Where's the camera? Who told?

Comment

A-ha!! So you have been slipping money under the table.

Where were you on the night of December 19th, 2005?
                  RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

I know...if you didn't love me you wouldn't tease me, right?

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                      I want to see some of those 'tell me a story' ones that JMS was talking about.
                      It may be off-topic but I read this anecdote, told by Steven Barnes(look it up, a good SF-writer). Apparently he went to an SF-convention where the special guest was Larry Niven. So he introduces himself with "Hello Mr. Niven. My name is Steven Barnes and I'm a writer too".

Niven puffs his cigar, looks at Steven Barnes and says "O.K. Tell me a story".
                      According to Barnes he did tell a story, with sweat pouring down his back, sweat in his hands, sweat everywhere. He came out of it allright, he wrote some great stories and books together with Larry Niven a year or so later...

/off-topic
                      "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

t may be off-topic but I read this anecdote, told by Steven Barnes(look it up, a good SF-writer).
                        Is this the same Barnes who was lauded as the first black Star Wars novelist? If so, I found his work to be terrible.
                        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Well that's in the eye of the reader...

This is the guy who finished 'The Locusts' when Niven got stuck, and turned it into one of the best SF-novellas I have ever read. And boy did I read a lot of them... Famous opening and closing line of the story : "There are no people on Alpha Centauri"...(you only know what that refers to at the end of the story). I must admit that I am as good as convinced that that line was written by Larry Niven hmimself, it really is his style.

Anyway : this is also the guy who co-wrote 'The Legacy of Heorot' and 'Dragons of Heorot', very worthwhile books, and not fantasy but pure Science Fiction.

Would you like to know more?

http://www.lionsblood.com/html/steve.htm

GTBOS,

TM.
                          "En wat als tijd de helft van echtheid was, was alles dan dubbelsnel verbaal?"

Comment

Working...
                          X