X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    No it does not. I will say that it does require someone taking the time to update the info, so maybe that is it and they have actually already started production. LOL B
    Yes...but. If there's been casting, many times the actors (or their agents?) will add that kind of information. Apparently, just by virtue of having Pro, I could do so if the little Edit icon is any indication.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Still only showing that the script was written. No updates since January 2018 which probably doesn't bode well.
    No it does not. I will say that it does require someone taking the time to update the info, so maybe that is it and they have actually already started production. LOL But what I say is true. Here is an example. I actually live in an area that is lucky enough to still have a Video Store. Right?! Anywhoooo, I purchased a DVD they were getting rid of that had been out for over a year and wasn't really renting. It was a low budget horror title the IMDB page said it was in "PRE-PRODUCTION". Here I was hold the DVD of the finished project and the IMDB page still said it was in "Pre-Production" Yes this JMS project would get more attention, but it still requires someone taking the time to update the info. And BTW, I checked not to long ago and since I purchased that DVD I believe the IMDB page has been updated to say that the film was released at some film festival - not that it was released on DVD, just that it was released at a film festival. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Still only showing that the script was written. No updates since January 2018 which probably doesn't bode well.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    I don't have IMDBPRO. Has anything more shown up on the "IN DEVELOPMENT" page for this project? Just curious because the standard IMDB page still doesn't even mention JMS, but it does show things like B5 as related. Just wondered if more had been added to the PRO page since Jan originally reported what was there?

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Has JMS let out any hints as to what part of Rising Stars a feature film might cover? I hate to go back and read the whole thread or any old threads. I am VERY lazy, But not so lazy as to not break the silence on these forums. I guess everyone took a few days off.

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    Always forget how slow these things move in Hollywood.
    Indeed. Veeeeery slooooow.

JMS yesterday tweet
    Actually, I'm adapting Rising Stars for a potential movie for MGM...so far the process is going well...fingers crossed....
    Remember: MGM got "last draft" nov 2017.
    B5-Stefan

--
    Tirk: "Tirk. Drazi. I carry very large things. I... I... Tirk. Drazi."
    [LotR]

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Always forget how slow these things move in Hollywood. I wonder what the status of Midnight Nation is?
    Last edited by Ubik; 11-27-2017, 04:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    More revisions:

J. Michael Straczynski‏Verified account
    @straczynski
    Replying to @McaffeeTV
    Rising Stars is currently under option to MGM for a feature film, and I'm finishing up some final revisions on the screenplay this week. We'll see where it goes from there.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    This is cool. With Sense8 being pretty much done, I am now eager to see what JMS moves forward with.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    GREAT NEWS!!!!! Soon I will have to dig out all of the comics and read them again. My guess is we might see it in 2019, though I have a feeling there will be a lot of movies pushing for a 2020 release. I don't know. If I was making a movie I think I would want it to come out in 2020. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Just posted:
    Being developed by MGM as a feature (and a potential franchise) not TV; latest draft went in last week, hoping for production order soon.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Cool stuff. I guess the 'Trilogy' aspect really depends on the success of the first film.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    JMS posted on Twitter that the first draft of the script is in:

Intellectually I know that MGM for feature films wouldn't have the same numbskulls that were there when he did 'Jeremiah', I still find myself muttering 'MGM, please don't meddle!' over and over.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    When a mysterious force strikes a small town, everyone in utero at the time is born with extraordinary powers. As they grow from childhood to adulthood, they bring all the rivalries and alliances of childhood as they grow into a force that may one day change the world forever.[/url]

ETA: The summary on IMDb:
    This must be the first time I've read a synopsis of Rising Stars and thought of John Wyndham's 'The Midwich Cuckoos'. Similarities end after the 'special babies' thing... but yeah, that just struck me out of nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    JMS just posted:

Originally posted by Fans of J. Michael Straczynski

Big meeting last Thursday with MGM, they approved the outline for a Rising Stars feature film and I'm now cleared to begin writing the script.

ETA: The summary on IMDb:

When a mysterious force strikes a small town, everyone in utero at the time is born with extraordinary powers. As they grow from childhood to adulthood, they bring all the rivalries and alliances of childhood as they grow into a force that may one day change the world forever.
    Last edited by Jan; 08-07-2016, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X