Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looney
    replied
    Has JMS let out any hints as to what part of Rising Stars a feature film might cover? I hate to go back and read the whole thread or any old threads. I am VERY lazy, But not so lazy as to not break the silence on these forums. I guess everyone took a few days off.

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    Always forget how slow these things move in Hollywood.
    Indeed. Veeeeery slooooow.

JMS yesterday tweet
    Actually, I'm adapting Rising Stars for a potential movie for MGM...so far the process is going well...fingers crossed....
    Remember: MGM got "last draft" nov 2017.
    B5-Stefan

--
    Tirk: "Tirk. Drazi. I carry very large things. I... I... Tirk. Drazi."
    [LotR]

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Always forget how slow these things move in Hollywood. I wonder what the status of Midnight Nation is?
    Last edited by Ubik; 11-27-2017, 05:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    More revisions:

J. Michael Straczynski‏Verified account
    @straczynski
    Replying to @McaffeeTV
    Rising Stars is currently under option to MGM for a feature film, and I'm finishing up some final revisions on the screenplay this week. We'll see where it goes from there.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    This is cool. With Sense8 being pretty much done, I am now eager to see what JMS moves forward with.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    GREAT NEWS!!!!! Soon I will have to dig out all of the comics and read them again. My guess is we might see it in 2019, though I have a feeling there will be a lot of movies pushing for a 2020 release. I don't know. If I was making a movie I think I would want it to come out in 2020. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Just posted:
    Being developed by MGM as a feature (and a potential franchise) not TV; latest draft went in last week, hoping for production order soon.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Cool stuff. I guess the 'Trilogy' aspect really depends on the success of the first film.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    JMS posted on Twitter that the first draft of the script is in:

Intellectually I know that MGM for feature films wouldn't have the same numbskulls that were there when he did 'Jeremiah', I still find myself muttering 'MGM, please don't meddle!' over and over.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    When a mysterious force strikes a small town, everyone in utero at the time is born with extraordinary powers. As they grow from childhood to adulthood, they bring all the rivalries and alliances of childhood as they grow into a force that may one day change the world forever.[/url]

ETA: The summary on IMDb:
    This must be the first time I've read a synopsis of Rising Stars and thought of John Wyndham's 'The Midwich Cuckoos'. Similarities end after the 'special babies' thing... but yeah, that just struck me out of nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    JMS just posted:

Originally posted by Fans of J. Michael Straczynski

Big meeting last Thursday with MGM, they approved the outline for a Rising Stars feature film and I'm now cleared to begin writing the script.
    https://www.facebook.com/officialjms...type=3&theater

ETA: The summary on IMDb:

When a mysterious force strikes a small town, everyone in utero at the time is born with extraordinary powers. As they grow from childhood to adulthood, they bring all the rivalries and alliances of childhood as they grow into a force that may one day change the world forever.
    Last edited by Jan; 08-07-2016, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
    Did you ask him if it was going to be animated, or was that a mistake?
    I didn't ask since I figured if it had been that would have been part of the announcement.

It's been changed to "Sci-Fi" now. It's also been changed from 'optioned' to 'script' for the status.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Delenn_of_Mir
    replied
    Did you ask him if it was going to be animated, or was that a mistake?

Animation isn't always a bad thing. There are some really great anime's out there. My fave is The Girl Who Leaped Through Time. Really excellent!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Yeah, it's definitely showing JMS attached. I asked the question and put a screenshot up for JMS on Twitter.

ETA: Don't know how long it'll take to show but it should be fixed soon.
    Last edited by Jan; 06-24-2016, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    I went to see what might be on IMDB about the status of the project. Here is what I found.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5814606/?ref_=fn_al_tt_7

So I think it is worth mentioning that it says "Animation" and doesn't mention JMS - not that either of these notes means much. I don't know if this page was established for JMS' RISING STARS or for an animated project called RISING STARS or if JMS' RISING STARS might be animated. I know you can't really trust what is posted on IMDB to be 100% accurate, especially this early in the process, but there is something there about something. So this page has been established for JMS' RISING STARS or there is another project In Developement called RISING STARS. And now we have more to discuss.
    IMDb does not provide a lot of information for film under development. As Jan can attest, IMDb Pro shows jms as the screenwriter.

SUMMARY
    A group of children discover that they all were born with super powers.

Writer: J. Michael Straczynski (Screenplay)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X