JMS Gets a Thor Writing Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Belbo View Post
    Actually that seems to be their error; it's really Colm Feore (the police chief in Changeling)
    Also, Joshua Cox (Lt. Corwin) is in the movie.

Comment

2nd trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBnrJowBZE

edit. I think that might be JMS driving the pickup in the first shot. (Well, his character at least.)
      Last edited by vakie; 02-17-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

JMS' run on Thor was Awesome. Its good they are using his earth bound stuff since he fleshed that out better then anyone else. If they do a sequel, I can see the Earth vs. Asgard storyline being part of it.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBnrJowBZE
          Screenwriter Don Payne Speaks In Great Depth On Various Aspects Of Thor!

Comment

That's the latest trailer. The interview is here:

http://www.chud.com/39039/exclusive-...ne-talks-thor/

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
              Great interview, lots of nice bits there.

BTW, here are the direct download links for trailer 2:

480P | 720P | 1080P

Comment

Six THOR posters to enjoy.

Jan
                Last edited by Jan; 03-26-2011, 04:45 PM.
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

A new clip from THOR that expands on an scene in (I think) the trailer.

http://insidepulse.com/2011/03/31/new-thor-clip/

Fun!
                  Jan

Comment

"Thor" gets summer off to thunderous start
                    By Megan Lehmann
                    Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:54am EDT

SYDNEY (Hollywood Reporter) - The Marvel universe moves into the cosmic realm with "Thor," a burly slab of bombastic superhero entertainment that skitters just this side of kitschy to provide an introduction befitting the mighty god of thunder. ...

"Thor," which world-premiered in Sydney on Sunday, opens in various foreign markets ahead of its North American bow on May 6 through Paramount.

The ultimate accessibility of Thor's fantastical world is due in no small measure to the good-humored direction of Kenneth Branagh, a man with a highbrow history who knows his way around an epic tale, and a star-making turn from Chris Hemsworth. ...

Back in the desert, we get some solidly amusing fish-out-of-water antics as the mighty Thor struggles to adapt to his mortality and a world of Facebook and iPods, but scriptwriters Ashley Edward Miller, Zack Stentz and Don Payne working from an effective origin story by J. Michael Straczynski and Mark Protosevich, have their eye on a bigger prize. ...
                    Last edited by Dan Dassow; 04-18-2011, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Cannot wait to see this! Come on, May! Has everyone seen the Volkswagen-sized cardboard Mjolnir at their local theater? I already asked my Regal if I could have it. Unsurprisingly, they said "no." :-D

Comment

And now it's announced that it'll be on IMAX, too.

LOS ANGELES, April 20, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX) (TSX:IMX), Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment, LLC formally announced today that they have finalized an agreement to release the epic superhero adventure Thor in digital IMAX® theatres worldwide day-and-date on May 6, 2011. The release marks the continuation of the partnership between IMAX, Paramount and Marvel. The film, based on the well-known Marvel comic book, is directed by Kenneth Branagh, produced by Kevin Feige, and stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins. The screenplay is by Ashley Edward Miller & Zack Stentz and Don Payne from a story by J. Michael Straczynski and Mark Protosevich.
                        http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=219233

Jan

Comment

Did we ever find out what "the very best script I've ever written..." was?
                          Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                          True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Creating a God, With Links to Olivier
                            New York Times
                            By DAVE ITZKOFF
                            Published: April 28, 2011

LOS ANGELES -- As he finished postproduction work on ôThorö here at Building 29 on the 20th Century Fox lot, Kenneth Branagh could often be found laboring in any of its massive chambers, from the pitch-black subterranean color-timing suite to the Howard Hawks audio-mixing theater, as cavernous and majestic as Valhalla. But when he needed a personal work space, Mr. Branagh retreated to a closetlike office he described as his ôlittle hole of cubbyness,ö whose only clue to its occupant was a temporary sign on the door bearing the initials ôK. B.ö ...

Comment

Went to see the 3D version today. It was lots of fun. Saw the expected "townie".
                              Asgard and the iceworld were impressive.

The perspective was sometimes a bit off but that could have been caused by my glasses.

I bet a sequel will be made before long.
                              Last edited by DeMonk; 04-30-2011, 03:19 AM.
                              Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                              John Sheridan

Comment

Originally posted by DeMonk View Post
                                Went to see the 3D version today. It was lots of fun. Saw the expected "townie".
                                Asgard and the iceworld were impressive.

The perspective was sometimes a it off but that could have been caused by my glasses.

I bet a sequel will be made before long.
                                Saw it (in 2D) on Thor's Day in Denmark at a cinema placed at Thor's Hill

Agreed, very impressive, a lot of fun and a very nice retelling of the myth.

Looks very much like a sequel could be coming - did you see the clip *after* the credits ? - I did - very intriguing.
                                Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Working...
                                X