2nd I & I with JMS in Toronto??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd I & I with JMS in Toronto??

I just wanted to make a new post so it's more noticeable.

Apparently at the Comic Convention in Toronto a lot of people couldn't get into the Intimate and Interactive with JMS on Saturday. At the end of the session, JMS asked the organizers if they could squeeze in a second I & I on Sunday. That's all I know for sure so if you didn't get in and want to, check to see when and if there'll be a second session. (My advice, go early so you won't be disappointed if they do have one).
    Flying around the room under my own power.

Originally posted by Spoo Junky
    I just wanted to make a new post so it's more noticeable.
    That's great, SJ! Thanks for passing the word. They still underestimate JMS's drawing power even after all these years? Do you mind if I repost this over on the moderated group?

And...How was it?

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
      And...How was it?
      Well, it's safe to say that for me, this was The BEST weekend ever!!

On Friday I lined up for JMS's autograph and he signed my Midnight Nation book with my name, as well as one of the copies of the "Sleeping In Light" script he had brought. I told him that Mid. Nat. was my first comic of his that I had bought and he said he was glad that he was my first (what a kidder ).

Afterwards I immediately headed out to a workshop he was having for writing. While I was waiting I got to talking with a lady who had come from Wash. DC to see James Marsters. She didn't really know who JMS was so I told her about B5 and Spiderman. Another guy came by and between him and I, I think we may have possibly created another B5 fan. She ended up coming in with me to see him. He was hilarious and had the whole room laughing - it was definitely worth going to see him. I'm not an aspiring writer, but I think he had some really great tips for people who are.

On Saturday I sat in the Intimate and Interactive, and again, he was really great. Normally I'm too shy to ask questions, but since he seems so easy to talk to, I asked about Book of Lost Souls. He pretty much said the same thing as in his recent post. But what his post doesn't show is how his eyes light up when he talks about it - like a kid describing his great new Christmas present. If enthusiasm counts for anything, it should be really good.

Die-hard comic book collectors probably shouldn't read this next part ....
      In between waiting, I managed to get a hold of, through various vendors, the complete "In Valen's Name" series, plus the whole set of B5 comics. Today I got JMS to sign them all. I know in the collecting world that makes them "damaged goods", but in my world, they mean a lot. He actually remembered me from one of the things I had sat in on, which made me happy. While he was signing the comics, I told him it was my first convention and he seemed surprised. We quickly chatted about James M. and he said he thought that J.M. did a great job as Spike. Afterwards, I shook his hand and told him it was a pleasure to meet him. And so completed my fan-tabulous JMS weekend.

I also saw James M. today. He seems like a down to earth guy and he is involved in so many other things besides acting. I got a couple of photos signed, plus a limited edition 4x6 photo. Being a well-known actor, there were plenty of "crowd herder" staff around who made sure things moved along really quickly, so other than the Q&A part, there really wasn't time to talk to him. I expected that would happen, which is why I usually don't go to these kind of things. I know they are not all like that, but I just can't be bothered.

That's why JMS is so great. After the sessions, he just walked out through the crowd, just like a regular guy, no entourage of staff, just a couple of the convention people to lead the way. If JMS ever comes to your town, make the effort to see him, even if you have to line up for a couple of hours before-hand. It's worth it!

I know I'm going on and on, so just a couple of things...

JMS needed a break from t.v., but now he wants to get back in. He's developing something for Mobile? Productions, and one other thing as well. He didn't let on a thing about 'em, and we tried Something about getting on the internet within minutes......

He talked about submitting a proposal for Star Trek, but again, no news to report. If Paramount or whoever is interested in a couple years, who knows.

He isn't involved with the release of Jeremiah at all, so he has no idea when Season 2 is coming out. And there will be no 3rd season.

Legend of Rangers is coming out in Dec., but he didn't say which region and no one thought to ask (sorry )

I asked about the length of Book of Lost Souls and he said it's an on-going work and will continue until he begins to suck (which should be any time, according to him )

That's about it. I couldn't see him in the Marvel Big Guns 'cuz I was seeing James M. at the time.

Thanks for putting up with my rambling on and on
      Last edited by Spoo Junky; 08-28-2005, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoo Junky
        Well, it's safe to say that for me, this was The BEST weekend ever!!
        Yay! Glad to hear it!

On Saturday I sat in the Intimate and Interactive, and again, he was really great. Normally I'm too shy to ask questions, but since he seems so easy to talk to, I asked about Book of Lost Souls. He pretty much said the same thing as in his recent post. But what his post doesn't show is how his eyes light up when he talks about it - like a kid describing his great new Christmas present. If enthusiasm counts for anything, it should be really good.
        Cool, huh? When JMS says to write about what you're passionate about...he shows what he means.

JMS needed a break from t.v., but now he wants to get back in. He's developing something for Mobile? Productions, and one other thing as well. He didn't let on a thing about 'em, and we tried Something about getting on the internet within minutes......
        Marvel Productions.

Thanks for putting up with my rambling on and on
        No hardship here. Congratulations on all your new treasures! You got the SiL script, huh? Cool!

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Now I have something to read for my last three vacation days. It'll be nice to not have to sit and wait for hours for the first time in a few days (even though it was worth it )

Comment

Working...
          X