• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few more Links for Omaha Star specifically :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Babylon-5-Autogr...#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/Babylon-5-Autogr...#ht_500wt_1156
    What a wonderful world you live in. -
    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Declaration of Principles #69/500

Hi, all,

I am selling my beautiful, limited edition, signed-by-JMS Declaration of Principles print. It is #69 out of 500. You can view the listing on eBay, here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Babylon-5-Declar...item2562255d78

This is helping to fund my 'rescuing' of G'Kar's chest piece, which I bought the other day from a prop shop. I'm sorry to part with the print, but hope it will go on to grace the walls of another rabid B5 fan, like me.

Please pass the word along to any other B5 fans you know who might be in the market for one of these, maybe someone who missed buying one of them when they were sold several years ago.

Thanks!

Amy

Comment

• Originally posted by AmyG View Post

This is helping to fund my 'rescuing' of G'Kar's chest piece, which I bought the other day from a prop shop.
        Thanks!

Amy
        Any chance of a photo Amy?

Comment

• I will be delighted to take and upload photos when I get it. My order is still in process, so I am waiting here PATIENTLY (ha!) for it to arrive... For now, you can drool at, er, look at the Prop Store's photos of it:

http://www.propstore.com/product-G-K...-Appliance.htm

It was a bit of an unexpected expense (thus my sale of the Declaration of Principles), but I felt strongly about wanting it to be in the possession of someone who would respect it, rather than leaving it sitting in a box in the warehouse of a collector who doesn't have any particular attachment to the show. Plus, it's no secret (here and elsewhere!) how I felt about Andreas. This item is seriously my Holy Grail of B5 memorabilia, short of being able to own the Book of G'Quan (which was sold during JMS's 'garage sale'), and the robe G'Kar sometimes wore at night in his quarters (which, as far as I know, has never been offered for sale ù damn!).

Comment

• That Prop store is very expensive, I bought a Buffy script signed by the mains for $50 with a COA. I can't imagine spending anything more then a $100 on a signed script even with notes. I would love to get your Declaration of Principals, but by the time I get it I will be on a plane to meet Mira and apperantly now, Deathwalker, I won't have it in time. I maybe putting up some B5 autograph ccg cards soon depending on how my trip goes.
            Last edited by lotjx; 03-18-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Have fun at the con, lotjx. Yes, that prop store is expensive, but I think the chest piece sold to me for less than it went for on eBay some years ago (I got outbid and sniped that time, and was heartbroken, naturally). Perhaps if they have something that no one seems to want after awhile, they lower the price just to get it out of the warehouse? Anyway, lucky for me that not too many people were interested in that strapping, sexy, big spotted guy's chest. Considering how much I wanted it, I think it was a steal. :-)

Comment

• Just make sure you get a provenance for the piece. As you know, there are not a lot of actual B5 prosthetics still on the market. Around season two I think, the guys at Optic Nerve were basically told they had to destroy existing pieces so they weren't sold on the collector's market. Plus the obvious problem that foam latex degrades over time, which means unless it's speciallty treated, it will eventually break down. I've got a fully painted Narn head from season four that was personally given to me by John Vulich at Optic Nerve, who I think was the one who told me how rare those pieces were going to be. I'm seriously thinking about putting mine up for auction and give it a good home somewhere.

Comment

• Joe, that's really good advice, thanks. I mean, the piece is so obviously recognizable, but they should cough up some authentication as well. I'm constantly seeing supposed G'Kar head pieces for sale which are so obviously not G'Kar head pieces (he had a very distinctive pattern of spots!), but this one is most certainly his.

The condition was really apparent from the photos; it's torn up quite a bit around the edges, where they had to tear it away from Andreas's skin ù as you'd expect with a latex prosthetic ù but otherwise looks pretty okay. I'll have to figure out a way to store it so that it doesn't degrade quickly.

I bet that Narn head you have is a beauty! You know that a bunch of us bought (from Marc Zicree) and donated a G'Kar mask plus face mask of Andreas to the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, right? I'm sure somebody would want yours.

Comment

• I didn't know that, but I'll have to take a look. I was planning on taking my wife to the newly revamped Museum at some point. They've got some fantastic stuff there.

Stuart Freeborn, the great makeup artist that worked on Star Wars and 2001, told me the two factors that will degrade foam latex faster than anything are sunlight and fiberglass. I'm not sure the latter would be a problem unless you work in a makeup FX lab, but definitely keep it out of direct sunlight. Michael Westmore used to treat his Star Trek heads with a special finish so they could be sent all over the world in exhibitions and so forth, but I have no idea what it was.

Comment

• Thanks for the info, Joe. I need to do something to protect my background Narn prosthetic and the Minbari bone.

Jan
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Yeah, the re-opened museum really looks spiffy. As a donor, I was invited to the groundbreaking, and the re-opening gala, but couldn't make either. I'll be in New York next month (coincidentally with one of the other donors, who'll be visiting from the west coast); I may try to get there for a visit. At the very least, you can always count on fabulous Greek food in Astoria! :-)

I'm surprised (and maybe a wee bit disappointed!) that you didn't hear about this ù we actually got quite a bit of press in genre publications, and even in some mainstream sources (including the New York Times). I'd point you to the PDF of the press release at the Museum of the Moving Image, but they have apparently removed it! What looks like most of the press release can still be read here, if you're interested:

http://www.scifinews.net/babylon_5/news.php?aid=416

Fiberglass: check, I won't bring the chest on a boat.

Sunlight: no problem, I have a programmer's pallor. I stay out of the sun, and will keep the chest out of it, too. When people tell me how young I look, I tell them my secret is a 3-step plan: no sunlight, no cigarettes, no kids. :-)

Comment

I will be delighted to take and upload photos when I get it. My order is still in process, so I am waiting here PATIENTLY (ha!) for it to arrive... For now, you can drool at, er, look at the Prop Store's photos of it:

http://www.propstore.com/product-G-K...-Appliance.htm

It was a bit of an unexpected expense (thus my sale of the Declaration of Principles), but I felt strongly about wanting it to be in the possession of someone who would respect it, rather than leaving it sitting in a box in the warehouse of a collector who doesn't have any particular attachment to the show. Plus, it's no secret (here and elsewhere!) how I felt about Andreas. This item is seriously my Holy Grail of B5 memorabilia, short of being able to own the Book of G'Quan (which was sold during JMS's 'garage sale'), and the robe G'Kar sometimes wore at night in his quarters (which, as far as I know, has never been offered for sale ù damn!).
                          Thanks for posting that Amy, its definitely a very nice piece of memorabilia. I bet you'll be anxiously awaiting your delivery! Thanks for the link and I look forward to seeing your actual pictures.

Comment

• "Anxious" doesn't even cover it. :-D

Comment

"Anxious" doesn't even cover it. :-D
                              I know but it was the best word I could come up with though.

Comment

• I'm not sure anything rated PG covers it! ;-D

Comment

Working...
                                X