Found on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by timk519 View Post
    And another attempt to sell a full set of volumes - this time for the highest asking price seen yet:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:CA:1123

ONE MORE THING: IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS AUCTION FOR ANY REASON INCULDING THE PRICE, CREATE A BLOG AND POST IT THERE. DON'T BOTHER ME WITH YOUR HANG-UPS.
    Just the kind of person I like to do a transaction of $1000+ with. Imagine the fun with tracing a lost shipment, or any other issue with this seller.
    What a wonderful world you live in. -
    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Another V15 debuts on the Ebay Stage

Comment

• Y'know, JMS did a really nice job on signing these. They all (that I've seen, of course) look like a signature rather than the scrawl that often emerges when he's signing at cons.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Y'know, JMS did a really nice job on signing these. They all (that I've seen, of course) look like a signature rather than the scrawl that often emerges when he's signing at cons.
          I don't know what his signature usually looks like, but on the sig in my volume 15 I can see a clear J, then M, then what looks like a backwards C, then a big squiggle of lines that looks like an S with about 4 other lines dancing around it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
            I don't know what his signature usually looks like, but on the sig in my volume 15 I can see a clear J, then M, then what looks like a backwards C, then a big squiggle of lines that looks like an S with about 4 other lines dancing around it.
            IME, that's about as clear as it gets. I've always interpretted the backwards C as the L in Michael. When he's in Convention Mode, the J is about all that's clear and I'm not sure even that much is legible when he knows he's signing for somebody who's gonna sell the gazillion comics he's signing.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• I can't say that I recall ever seeing this jacket on the show but the seller is legit as far as I can tell:Jacket with Medical symbol

And this post-secession C&C outfit has been listed before but I think it was only the shirt before and the price may have come down: C&C uniform

Jan

Comment

IME, that's about as clear as it gets.
                Hm probably so; I just found jms' description of his own signature:

Sometimes it's good to have a signature that looks like elvish script written while drunk...harder to counterfeit.

Comment

Hm probably so; I just found jms' description of his own signature:
                  LOL...did you read my response to him (and his back)?

>Oh, that's your *signature*?? I thought it was the Elvish Rune for 'Sex,
                  >drugs
                  >and Rock & Roll'.

Is that wrong...?

jms
                  Your description of "then a big squiggle of lines that looks like an S with about 4 other lines dancing around it. " is spot on and it's amazing how uniform those dancing lines tend to be *if* he's not in convention mode.

Obviously I've seen more JMS autographs than anybody should...

Jan

Comment

• Interacting with Babylon 5: Fan Performances in a Media

What this book's about:
                    http://www.amazon.com/Interacting-Ba.../dp/0292747225

Much of the pleasure of science fiction and fantasy stems from the genres' ability to transport fans into imaginary worlds that often feel more "real" than ordinary life. This pioneering book uses the insights of performance theory to explore how fans of the television show "Babylon 5" actively immerse themselves in its imaginary environment by role-playing games and fan fiction, through which the fans perform-make real-fantasies they previously watched on television. Kurt Lancaster opens with a background analysis of "Babylon 5", including creator-producer J. Michael Straczynski's online interaction with fans. Then, he thoroughly examines the performance aspects of all the participatory media surrounding the show - the role-playing game, collectable card game, war game, CD-ROM "guidebook," fan fiction, and web pages. His use of performance theory offers a new way of understanding the enormous popularity of imaginary entertainment environments and the fandom surrounding other popular sites of science fiction and fantasy, including "Star Trek", "Star Wars", and J. R. R. Tolkien's "Middle-earth". Kurt Lancaster has taught at New York University and currently serves as a lecturer on the literature faculty at MIT. He is the author of "Warlocks and Warpdrive: Contemporary Fantasy Entertainments with Interactive and Virtual Environments".

Comment

• Looks like someone's thesis, since it's University of Texas press. Might be an interesting read, but I hadn't heard of it until now.

Comment

Looks like someone's thesis, since it's University of Texas press. Might be an interesting read, but I hadn't heard of it until now.
                        Joe the book is less than you think. I'd skip it unless your a completist.
                        What a wonderful world you live in. -
                        Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by glindros View Post
                          Joe the book is less than you think. I'd skip it unless your a completist.
                          I bought the book as soon as it came out, way back when. Two things stand out in my memory. First, it NEEDED an editor/proofreader, as it was littered with spelling and grammatical errors, as well as incorrect punctuation.

Second, it was little more than a hit piece against jms and fans of jms and Babylon 5.

I understand there is a hardcover version, and at least the text errors may have been corrected, but I wouldn't buy it again.
                          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• I've had it since it came out and never got very far into it because it's so dry. Heck, I think I forgot about it and now I've got both the soft- and hard-cover versions. If I can find them both, I'll happily give one up.

One nice thing. An online friend has his picture in it with him dressed as Zathras.

Jan

Comment

I've had it since it came out and never got very far into it because it's so dry. Heck, I think I forgot about it and now I've got both the soft- and hard-cover versions. If I can find them both, I'll happily give one up.

One nice thing. An online friend has his picture in it with him dressed as Zathras.

Jan
                              Would that be Rooney (Neroon) on Trekbbs?
                              "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
                                Would that be Rooney (Neroon) on Trekbbs?
                                Got it in one, Mr. OmahaStar! I hope to meet him at DragonCon this year if everything works out properly.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X