Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Just make sure you get a provenance for the piece. As you know, there are not a lot of actual B5 prosthetics still on the market. Around season two I think, the guys at Optic Nerve were basically told they had to destroy existing pieces so they weren't sold on the collector's market. Plus the obvious problem that foam latex degrades over time, which means unless it's speciallty treated, it will eventually break down. I've got a fully painted Narn head from season four that was personally given to me by John Vulich at Optic Nerve, who I think was the one who told me how rare those pieces were going to be. I'm seriously thinking about putting mine up for auction and give it a good home somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Have fun at the con, lotjx. Yes, that prop store is expensive, but I think the chest piece sold to me for less than it went for on eBay some years ago (I got outbid and sniped that time, and was heartbroken, naturally). Perhaps if they have something that no one seems to want after awhile, they lower the price just to get it out of the warehouse? Anyway, lucky for me that not too many people were interested in that strapping, sexy, big spotted guy's chest. Considering how much I wanted it, I think it was a steal. :-)

Leave a comment:

• lotjx
    replied
    That Prop store is very expensive, I bought a Buffy script signed by the mains for $50 with a COA. I can't imagine spending anything more then a $100 on a signed script even with notes. I would love to get your Declaration of Principals, but by the time I get it I will be on a plane to meet Mira and apperantly now, Deathwalker, I won't have it in time. I maybe putting up some B5 autograph ccg cards soon depending on how my trip goes.
    Last edited by lotjx; 03-18-2011, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    I will be delighted to take and upload photos when I get it. My order is still in process, so I am waiting here PATIENTLY (ha!) for it to arrive... For now, you can drool at, er, look at the Prop Store's photos of it:

http://www.propstore.com/product-G-K...-Appliance.htm

It was a bit of an unexpected expense (thus my sale of the Declaration of Principles), but I felt strongly about wanting it to be in the possession of someone who would respect it, rather than leaving it sitting in a box in the warehouse of a collector who doesn't have any particular attachment to the show. Plus, it's no secret (here and elsewhere!) how I felt about Andreas. This item is seriously my Holy Grail of B5 memorabilia, short of being able to own the Book of G'Quan (which was sold during JMS's 'garage sale'), and the robe G'Kar sometimes wore at night in his quarters (which, as far as I know, has never been offered for sale รน damn!).

Leave a comment:

• valens_shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG View Post

This is helping to fund my 'rescuing' of G'Kar's chest piece, which I bought the other day from a prop shop.
    Thanks!

Amy
    Any chance of a photo Amy?

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Declaration of Principles #69/500

Hi, all,

I am selling my beautiful, limited edition, signed-by-JMS Declaration of Principles print. It is #69 out of 500. You can view the listing on eBay, here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Babylon-5-Declar...item2562255d78

This is helping to fund my 'rescuing' of G'Kar's chest piece, which I bought the other day from a prop shop. I'm sorry to part with the print, but hope it will go on to grace the walls of another rabid B5 fan, like me.

Please pass the word along to any other B5 fans you know who might be in the market for one of these, maybe someone who missed buying one of them when they were sold several years ago.

Thanks!

Amy

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    A few more Links for Omaha Star specifically :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Babylon-5-Autogr...#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/Babylon-5-Autogr...#ht_500wt_1156

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    Ran across this, definitely B5, but look like graphic extras. I'd be surprised if they were on screen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-BABYLO...ht_1179wt_1141

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
    Hmm. Can't seen to find the other one at the moment. The one I've got in front of me is grey with blue writing. On the front it has the B5 logo and the date: April 25, 1997-May 5, 1997. Across the back it has '...and on the Seventh day, we wrapped. JMS 4:22.' So I'm not sure if that was the first or revised shirt.
    (home now and checks) That matches the one I have. I'd be interested to hear about the other one when it allows itself to be found.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Hmm. Can't seen to find the other one at the moment. The one I've got in front of me is grey with blue writing. On the front it has the B5 logo and the date: April 25, 1997-May 5, 1997. Across the back it has '...and on the Seventh day, we wrapped. JMS 4:22.' So I'm not sure if that was the first or revised shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Wow, I didn't know they re-did it. Was it to correct the 'seventh day' rather than sixth, since that was how many days SiL actually shot? The one I'm thinking of was the grey t-shirt with "On the seventh day we wrapped. JMS (date or number, not sure which)". That the one?

I think that at some point that shirt was sold via the Fan Club but I can attest that *very* few have come up on Ebay, at least when I've been watching. I have one but it's been so long since I got it that I don't remember what I paid.

As for interest, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were plenty, including from me if there's a second one that I don't have.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Can I throw this out for any of you ebay watchers? I'm thinking of putting a bunch of stuff up at some point but I just turned up the t-shirt that was sold to the B5 cast and crew during the final week of filming to commemorate JMS as director. Actually, it's two t-shirts, because they made a mistake on one and redid it. Anyway, I was curious if any of these shirts have turned up for auction in the past and if there is an interest in them.

Leave a comment:

• lotjx
    replied
    Send me a PM of what factions or cards you want. If you don't know put in Vorlon space on any search engine, go the url and you will find the card listing for the entire series. I will warn you right now, I don't have any extra Crusade cards. I do have a good bit of everything else. If anyone else wants to PM or post here and I will see about making decks if people want those.

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by lotjx View Post
    I got about three collections of B5 CCG from a friend of mine including Print outs of the never released Masterpiece Collection. I am debating about putting up for sale since they don't go for much. I am looking for signed B5 CCG cards after having mine stolen a few years back. I need Bester, Vir, Drazi and of course the Shadow character to compelete the figure collection. The last thing I need is the B5 cast lightopgraph. If anyone has any of that stuff PM or put up a link. If people are interested in the B5 CCG let me know I have plenty to send out.
    I'm a big CCG player (not B5) but always wanted to play the B5 CCG! Hit me up!

Leave a comment:

• lotjx
    replied
    I got about three collections of B5 CCG from a friend of mine including Print outs of the never released Masterpiece Collection. I am debating about putting up for sale since they don't go for much. I am looking for signed B5 CCG cards after having mine stolen a few years back. I need Bester, Vir, Drazi and of course the Shadow character to compelete the figure collection. The last thing I need is the B5 cast lightopgraph. If anyone has any of that stuff PM or put up a link. If people are interested in the B5 CCG let me know I have plenty to send out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X