No announcement yet.

Found on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm no expert and I've never collected the action figures but from what I understand the lower the number the more desireable it seems that an item is. Some people seem to prefer the last numbers, also.

Perhaps somebody with experience with the figures can chime in but it seems to me that you've got something to be proud of. How many of each figure were made? The fewer there are, the better for your situation, too.

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

• This is a great starting price for a Crusade cast & crew jacket. The logo on the back of these is lovely. I still have the one that was made availably via the Fan Club.

Jan
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Doom Shepherd View Post
        Hey, I have a stupid newbie question...

Those 9" numbered B5 figures... how important is it to have a low number? Cause I went on a buying spree for my SO last year and somehow ended up with 3 #1's. I just want to know if that's something I should be proud of or not.
        There were, if I remember right, either 10,000 or 100,000 of each figure made. Every figure was marked number 1 of however many there were.
        "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• Wait, they can't have all been #1's, because I also have some that aren't #1's. WTF?
          "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid." -- Quantum Crook, Casey and Andy Webcomic

Comment

• Does anybody know of a website where Doom Shepherd might be able to find answers?

I picked up the props (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=012) from the Post Office yesterday and they cleaned up nicely with some lemon juice and salt. On the Excalibur tag it looks like the prop folks got some inside jokes in. I've got (I think) two but I'm going to post the whole thing and maybe you folks can come up with more? Or maybe it's just random except for one item. Here's the whole thing:
            -----------------------
            IND TEST ABOM 003
            JPL 044 THX 1138
            00 5.99 ID 4.34
            ----------------------
            THX 1138 was George Lucas' first film and I think JPL might stand for Jet Propulsion Laboratories which did consulting for Crusade. Anybody recognize anything else?

Jan

Comment

• Well I don't think 849 is an area code so I don't think 849990.3466 is a phone number.

Could they be measurements?

Oh, Nice find by the way.
              What a wonderful world you live in. -
              Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Somebody somewhere was looking for the comics recently. Here's a full set that's just been listed. A little expensive but possibly somebody could get a 'best offer' deal.

Jan

Comment

• This is a rare item - the B5/TNT Day Planner. I've seen them go for as little as $25 and as much as $250. This one doesn't have a reserve which is good.

Jan

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up Jan.

I recently picked up a B5 cookbook for $70 including shipping.

Good finds are out there guys, don't give up.

You keep fueling my B5 addiction. When this kind of stuff comes to my house, I say it's Jan's fault.
                    Last edited by glindros; 03-21-2008, 09:20 AM. Reason: I thought of something else to say
                    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by glindros View Post
                      You keep fueling my B5 addiction. When this kind of stuff comes to my house, I say it's Jan's fault.
                      My work here is done. On the other hand, I'm afraid that if I ever meet your wife, she might come after me with a rolling pin!

Jan

Comment

• For those looking for the comics, this seller has most of them. It's a good deal if he'll combine postage but you'll have to ask because I don't see any indication in his auction.

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          For those looking for the comics, this seller has most of them. It's a good deal if he'll combine postage but you'll have to ask because I don't see any indication in his auction.

Jan
                          The seller won't. I sent a message asking, and the response was:

"NO, SORRY. THE SHIPPING IS FOR EACH ITEM.
                          THANKS

- jjbooks-n-things"

Comment

• Never mind then. Thanks Omaha.

Is anybody here still interested in them? It was one of those things I had in mind to watch out for but if nobody needs 'em, I won't bother.

What are y'all looking for?

Jan

Comment

• I'm looking for the magazines. I have a few, but I would gladly get the whole series in one fell swoop if available.

Also a fan club Ranger Pin.

I'd still love to have anything that appeared recognizably on screen for a reasonable amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                                Never mind then. Thanks Omaha.

Is anybody here still interested in them? It was one of those things I had in mind to watch out for but if nobody needs 'em, I won't bother.

What are y'all looking for?

Jan
                                I've got the complete set (including IVN), as well as the books, but I've been collecting for awhile. I'm pretty sure there's someone today who is just now being introduced to Babylon 5, whether by hulu.com, or stumbling upon a sale at Best Buy, and will be looking for these down the road.

I know I appreciate your hard work finding them, and I bet they will too. I say keep it up.

As for what I want ... Well, I want the "Shadow Sentient", but haven't seen it for under a hundred bucks. I think the highest I am willing to go is twenty bucks. I have all of the costume cards that came out a few years ago, but still would like a prop that was used on the set.

What about the rest of you?

Comment

Working...
                                X