Found on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jan
    This is an excellent starting price for this Babylon 5 jacket.
    That jacket, incidentally, is now mine.

I actually wore it outside of the house today. I'm going to end up with very good posture; I was so afraid to lean against anything (in restaurants, stores, the car, etc.) that I sat bolt upright everywhere I went.

Amy

Comment

• Originally posted by AmyG
      That jacket, incidentally, is now mine.

I actually wore it outside of the house today. I'm going to end up with very good posture; I was so afraid to lean against anything (in restaurants, stores, the car, etc.) that I sat bolt upright everywhere I went.

Amy
      I was wondering that was who beat me in the auction....

Lee
      Webmaster
      SFTV.org
      B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

• Lee, I did see that "sftv" was bidding, and I figured it was you. So sorry! But really, it's just perfect on me...I'm sure you'd agree if you could see it! But you can have the next one!

Comment

• I'm afraid you'll have to prove it by posting some pics...
          Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

• Maybe Jan can be persuaded to take some at New York Comic Con. Oh, Jaaaa-aaaan....?

Comment

• I can probably be persuaded to do that. Look out, New York, here comes trouble!

Jan
              "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

• I would love to own this, but it's guaranteed to go far beyond my capacity to pay for it ... perhaps someone here will be so lucky.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-RARE-BABYL...QQcmdZViewItem
                "If I could be a bird, I'd be a Flying Purple People Eater because then people would sing about me and I could fly down and eat them because I hate that song. " - Jack Handey

Comment

• Colleen Doran (artist for Book of Lost Souls and A Distant Soil among many others) has some great auctions going right now. Here's just one, a page from Issue #1 of Book of Lost Souls.

Jan
                  "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow-Sentient
                    I would love to own this, but it's guaranteed to go far beyond my capacity to pay for it ... perhaps someone here will be so lucky.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-RARE-BABYL...QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like Amy got that one as well. Looking at the bid history, though, it looks like she kept bidding herself up!

Lee
                    Webmaster
                    SFTV.org
                    B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

• She put together a consortium of fans in order to get it. The plan is to donate it to a museum. She'll be writing up a report for fans shortly.

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by sftv
                        It looks like Amy got that one as well. Looking at the bid history, though, it looks like she kept bidding herself up!
                        Any auction with a high reserve looks like that. I placed a bid; the reserve wasn't met; so I placed another bid. Etc. Until we reached the reserve.

And, as Jan says, a consortium of fans bought it for donation to a museum so that one fewer piece of B5's legacy would disappear into the hands of private collectors. I'll have more to say on this when we get a few small wrinkles worked out.

Amy

Comment

• This is a good auction for people looking for the trilogies: Lot of Babylon 5 novels

This is rare indeed: One of the original brochures used to sell B5 to the individual TV stations.. Very pricey.

Here's a fun item, a multi-autographed Tye Bourodny satire. Some of you may recall that Tye donated several of his cartoons back when I was doing the prize package raffle for Rick Biggs' family.

Jan

Comment

• And speaking of satire, this is just wrong! Bullwinkle 5

Jan

Comment

• Bullwinkle and Rocky as Londo and G'Kar. Have to think about that for awhile.

Comment

• ROFLMAO!
                                Ranger Code

We walk in the places no others will enter.
                                We do not break away from combat.
                                We stand on the bridge and no one may pass.
                                We do not retreat whatever the reason.
                                We live for The One, we die for The One.

Comment

Working...
                                X