X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sarthaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    This is kind of cool. It's an original B5 script with the name label "DIRECTOR" and signed by four stars, one of them Stephen Furst who was also the director for the episode - "Deconstruction of Falling Stars".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-BAB...16.m2516.l5255

ETA: Oooh, it's got notes!

Jan
    I have one of these. Furst did a panel at the 25th Anniversary Star Trek convention in Vegas that was a demonstration of how the various parts of a production team work together to stage a scene. There were grips and stagehands and such, and I was picked to be the "Director" of the scene. We worked from a "Deconstruction" script, and then afterwards he signed it and sold it to me for charity (Red Cross, I think). I see these show up on eBay from time to time, so I assume he's sold/auctioned a number of them for charity over the years.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    If you need, I can always ship something to you. You've got a package due anyway...

Jan
    We should probably go PM if we go into details of that one ...
    Thanks for the offer !

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
    Oops ! - "does not ship to Netherlands"

hmmmm !It does ship to some other European countries .... strange ...
    If you need, I can always ship something to you. You've got a package due anyway...

Jan

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    This is kind of cool. It's an original B5 script with the name label "DIRECTOR" and signed by four stars, one of them Stephen Furst who was also the director for the episode - "Deconstruction of Falling Stars".

Jan
    Oops ! - "does not ship to Netherlands"

hmmmm !It does ship to some other European countries .... strange ...
    Last edited by babylonlurker; 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied

Jan

Leave a comment:

• sarthaz
    replied
    eBay auctions frequently make me laugh. Here's a good one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Autogra...A/281577705549

For the low, low price of $85, you can get an autograph of the elusive JCB, who only attended every single convention ever for the past 15 years. Never mind that this exact photo/auto can be had for $30 in another current buy-it-now, or that you could even get a combo of her and Andreas for $50. No, no, no ... this one is RARE! So rare that the auction implies that it was signed at a convention by a fan, yet it comes with a COA? With her name spelled wrong? Well, I guess that is rare.

Forgive my snarkiness, but it drives me bonkers the way people list stuff on eBay.

Leave a comment:

• timk519
    replied
    I checked on the winning bid for that set - at $266.99 USD, someone got a deal. I remember vol 15 going for that much alone when the sets first came out.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by timk519 View Post
    it'll be an interesting test of current market value...
    Definitely. My theory is that the market value isn't too great presently, and definitely not anywhere in the region of the prices these used to fetch for a whole set. I got my script books quite cheap over the period of a year via various eBay sellers. It was only Vol 15 that set me back more than I'd have liked.

Leave a comment:

• timk519
    replied
    I'm almost afraid to post this on the 'if it seems too good to be true, it probably is' theory but it might just be the hellaciously good bargain that it seems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babylon-5-Sc...item3f3ec5a18f

At any rate, I'll be interested to see where this ends.

Jan
    it'll be an interesting test of current market value...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I'm almost afraid to post this on the 'if it seems too good to be true, it probably is' theory but it might just be the hellaciously good bargain that it seems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babylon-5-Sc...item3f3ec5a18f

At any rate, I'll be interested to see where this ends.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    Given the stupid prices these command on the collector market, I'm kinda surprised Franke doesn't sell it all digitally as one high quality flac/mp3 bundle. Or is any of it on iTunes? Haven't checked as I'm not a massive fan of his music beyond 70s Tangerine Dream.
    Not that i have seen. Only ever seen the Lost Tales in itunes, but i haven't looked recently.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Milkman View Post
    Ya, having those extras would be nice... but having the legal copies of the music is what i really wanted.
    Given the stupid prices these command on the collector market, I'm kinda surprised Franke doesn't sell it all digitally as one high quality flac/mp3 bundle. Or is any of it on iTunes? Haven't checked as I'm not a massive fan of his music beyond 70s Tangerine Dream.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    I know the packaging was minimal on these, but the lack of inserts / art would drive me nuts.

Good price though.
    I so agree. Having those without cases and artwork when I have others with cases and artwork would drive me "nuts" as well. Still wouldn't mind having a couple of those I don't have.

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied
    Ya, having those extras would be nice... but having the legal copies of the music is what i really wanted.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Milkman View Post
    Thanks for that post! My pocket is now $37.99 lighter.

Hopefully they are all in playable condition!

Thanks Jan!
    I know the packaging was minimal on these, but the lack of inserts / art would drive me nuts.

Good price though.
    Last edited by Ubik; 09-08-2014, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X