No announcement yet.

JMS holding a garage sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I read "So I'm going to have a yard sale" I immediately imagined us all wading through stacks of B5 stuff on his front lawn. :^)

I guess selling it on EBay makes more sense...

-DougO

Comment

Originally posted by DougO
      When I read "So I'm going to have a yard sale" I immediately imagined us all wading through stacks of B5 stuff on his front lawn. :^)

I guess selling it on EBay makes more sense...

-DougO
      Yeah, this way we can apply the plane fare toward our bids. Memo to self: you really should have gotten the waterproof (droolproof) cover for teh keyboard before now...

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

...and I had the bright idea of closing my ebay account. Pardon me whilst I proceed to make another window in my apartment using only my head...
        RIP Coach Larry Finch
        Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
        Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

It's not hard to get another one, is it? It's been ages since I joined eBay...back when people automatically used their email address for their handle long ago.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Well, the thing I'm in a state of unemployment and have been for a year. It just bites so bad that no one is hiring. I've tried every business from McDonalds to gas stations to running the register at an adult bookstore. Not one of them have called back at all.

The only place that did call back was a company that sells steaks, door to door, and drive around town with a cooler in the back of a pickup truck. The pay was nonexistent since nobody bought any steaks and the pay was strictly commission. I only applied there since the classified ad led me to believe it was a delivery route like a bakery has- where the customers are established and you just deliver. Going door to door with a case of steaks is entirely different. It was the first time I ever took a shower after coming back from work, but not as a result from a hard day's work.

So given my situation, I can only dream about obtaining something from the collection of JMS.
            RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I had one of those bouts couple of years ago and I'm still recovering in some ways.

Jan

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully, something will come up. If I only knew someone in the Mafia....
                RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

Wonder if he'll have anything from ISN for sale? Hmmm ....
                  "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

I think he could make a lot more if he made a merger deal with ISN and whatever else is out there.
                    Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                      Sorry to hear that. I had one of those bouts couple of years ago and I'm still recovering in some ways.
                      Jan
                      Yep, me too. I've been out for four months now.

Sad too. You'd think a software engineer/web monkey would be more marketable.

At least I have a few consulting gigs keeping my head above water (but not enough to buy any of Joe's stuff... Or Crusade DVDs for that matter).

FP

Comment

Well, if time machines weren't just exclusive to works of fiction, I could go back to my high school years and sign up for that vo-tech welding class. If the monopoly money I have from the board game was actually legal tender, I could go to trade school, but all I got is a lowsy Bachelor's Degree.
                        RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                          The few items that appeared before went sky high. That these are going to be from the Great Maker's personal collection? Sounds like prices will be going 'to infinity and beyond!' <g>
                          Well, maybe if you hadn't gone and told everybody here, Ms. Jan, the items wouldn't get bidded up so high!!

Amy (who is still going to have to hurt anyone who bids against me on any Andreas-used items <g>)

Comment

But Amy...these are my friends! I'm sure they're just teasing about bidding things sky high. Oh, wait, you mean told them about the item I want or told them about the auctions at all? Hard to keep that from them considering where in Cyperspace we are.

Andreas-used items, huh? Like what, missy?

Jan

Comment

Oh, get your mind out of Down Below, young lady.

Comment

Moi? I'm sure I don't have any idea what you mean! After all, we're talking about Andreas-used items that JMS might have had in his possession for the past several years. The absolute most personal thing I think that might be would be a costume. Maybe a G'Kar statue? We already know you can't have the Book of G'Quan or the Book of G'Kar.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X