• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DougO
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout
    Hi DougO
    Anything further on this? I'd be fascinated to see 90 mins of JMS (even broken into chunks) because AFAIK he's never come to Ireland. I can downlaod and burn onto DVD for people if they'd like, just let me know a URL.
    Phazedout
    on the "happy 2 meg broadband connection" ID
    Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on it. Hopefully I'll find time soon and will definitely post an update when it's available.

Thanks,

-DougO

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    Originally posted by DougO
    Yep, I got all 90 minutes of it! I thought it was a very good session. He opened with about 10 minutes of talk and then spent the rest of the time taking Q&A. Questions included topics such as advice on how to become a writer, Spiderman, B5, favorite moments, the writing process, etc.

I'm thinking about what is the best way to present the material on the site. Ninety minutes is a *lot* of video so I think I'll need to break it down into smaller pieces that can be streamed/downloaded individually. One idea is to make each Q&A a separate download so you can jump right to topics of interest. I may also make an audio-only version for people with slower connections.

-DougO
    Hi DougO
    Anything further on this? I'd be fascinated to see 90 mins of JMS (even broken into chunks) because AFAIK he's never come to Ireland. I can downlaod and burn onto DVD for people if they'd like, just let me know a URL.
    Phazedout
    on the "happy 2 meg broadband connection" ID

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    Will do!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spoo Junky
    As for recording, I don't have one of those so I'll have to rely on old fashioned note-taking. Hopefully I won't screw up too badly, y'know, like finding out that JMS is writing this new comic called "Wider Man - The epic tale of a young guy battling evil waist lines." Or "Babbling on Fine - the t.v. epic about politicians battling against evil-doers everywhere across the galaxy - and beyond." (I hear the reviews are mixed about that one )
    LOL! Hmm...politicians battling against evil-doers, eh? Hopefully that would result in fewer politicians!

Have a great time!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    I heard that about Spike too. I usually ignore rumours, but when there are sooo many lurking about, there's got to be something to 'em.

That's the real reason I'm going to see James M. - to see if he says anything about a spin-off or movie, or heck, even a Spike commercial would be okay, although not very satisfying

As for recording, I don't have one of those so I'll have to rely on old fashioned note-taking. Hopefully I won't screw up too badly, y'know, like finding out that JMS is writing this new comic called "Wider Man - The epic tale of a young guy battling evil waist lines." Or "Babbling on Fine - the t.v. epic about politicians battling against evil-doers everywhere across the galaxy - and beyond." (I hear the reviews are mixed about that one )

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I'll do my best. As a secretary to several engineers, I can read and interpret the most dog-awful writing, but steno-ing is not my strong suit, in fact I don't even own a suit like that!
    LOL! They're *so* out of style these days anyway! I don't think I'll ever go to a JMS presentation again without a tape recorder.

Hey, I just saw something on The Zocalo Today that you'll be able to grill James Marsters about:

SPIKE
    It appears that Tim Minear ["The Inside"] has been tapped to write and direct the long-awaited SPIKE telemovie for Warner Bros. The WB agreed to the "Angel" spin-off earlier this year, but creator Joss Whedon's been reportedly too busy to think about it. Minear let the cat out of the bag, saying "I had lunch with Joss and he asked me if I wanted to write and direct some blonde vampire movie thing. Should I do it? (I of course said yes right off, still) Anything under 13 hours scares me. And anything over 13 hours... um. I got nothin'." Aint it Cool confirmed the news with Minear. "Yeah, that's me. Probably shouldn't have said anything, but what the hell. You're behind this somehow, aren't you?", Minear joked. No word on when the telemovie, with James Marsters reprising his role as Spike will air.
    Let us know what he says.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Fair warning: JMS talks *fast* sometimes.

Jan

I'll do my best. As a secretary to several engineers, I can read and interpret the most dog-awful writing, but steno-ing is not my strong suit, in fact I don't even own a suit like that!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I'll put a pencil behind my ear, carry a small notepad and wear a hat with "Press" tucked in the brim.
    Good, because there's somebody over on the moderated group already asking for a con report from anybody who hangs out there who's going.

Fair warning: JMS talks *fast* sometimes.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    I'll put a pencil behind my ear, carry a small notepad and wear a hat with "Press" tucked in the brim.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I'm already getting excited!
    Have a wonderful time. We'll look forward to hearing all about it if you want to do a 'con report' afterward.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    Quote/SpooJunky, I dodn't see any autograph sessions for James Marsters./unquote

I have a special ticket to see James Marsters for Sunday, but it's the least expensive one (but still not cheap ). It comes with an autographed picture, but I don't know if it's an actual one or if it' pre-printed on the photo. For an insane amount of money you can meet and greet and get a personalized autograph, among other things. (no thanks, I prefer making a mortgage payment).

As for JMS, I've already printed that schedule from the organizer's web site and I'll be there, even if I have to line up for hours ; I'm on vacation anyway so why not? The website says the times are not totally confirmed yet so I'm not taking any chances ! I'm bringing my newly acquired Midnight Nation book to get signed.

I'm already getting excited!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    For those attending the Toronto con, I found this schedule which shows the following for JMS:

Friday 6:00 PM - Autograph Session - Autograph Area B
    Saturday 2:00 PM - Intimate and Interactive - Theater 3
    Saturday 4:00 PM - Autograph Session - Autograph Area B
    Sunday 12:00 PM - Autograph Session - Autograph Area A

SpooJunky, I dodn't see any autograph sessions for James Marsters. An I&I session with Marsters is scheduled at the same time as JMS on Friday. Looks like everything with Marsters requires a special ticket.

I'll be attending a con next weekend, too. There's a Creation con here in Orlando where Sean Astin (Sam Gamgee in LOTR and Mr. Smith in Jeremiah) will be there. Also Colleen Doran who's doing the art for JMS's upcoming Book of Lost Souls will be there. Looking foward to it.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    Hobbystar is the company that is promoting the Sci Fi / Comic Book Convention. You can check their web site. They should be having a tentative schedule coming out this week. Of course, nothing is confirmed 100% until you get the flyer in your hand at the convention.

http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTor...Comic_Home.asp

I plan on going all three days so I'll try to remember to post the time if it's available after I go on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by gmajor
    Has JMS posted his schedule at SFX in Toronto yet? I will only be able to spare one day due to babysitting limitations, but I'd really like to line up to get an autograph in my copy of The Complete Book of Scriptwriting.
    Not so far but if he does I'll be sure to post it here.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• gmajor
    replied
    Has JMS posted his schedule at SFX in Toronto yet? I will only be able to spare one day due to babysitting limitations, but I'd really like to line up to get an autograph in my copy of The Complete Book of Scriptwriting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X