No announcement yet.

JMS Appearances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oboy...James Marsters is a huge draw! When he was at DragonCon a couple of years ago it was a madhouse with people lining up literally hours in advance for autographs and professional photo shoots. I hope the con knows what they're in for!

If you didn't want to see him, it'd probably be the best time to go find JMS's table.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

As much as I'd want James M's autograph, I don't plan on starting to line up one week beforehand to get it I'll have to hire a coordination consultant to schedule my line up time for JMS and James M.

Of course, this is assuming I have the $ to even get in. Trying to stay calm and cool.
      Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

Can't believe I've missed this all this time. JMS, Julie C. Brown, David Gerrold, Jason Carter, Larry DiTillio and Walter Koenig are the B5 guests at http://www.enigmacon.org/ this weekend. Lots of other good guests, too, and in support of tsunami relief!

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Wizard Con Philadelphia

I'm off to Philadelphia tomorrow evening to the Wizard Con where JMS will be appearing this weekend. http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conven...iladelphia.cfm

I know that there are a few people from the moderated newsgroup I'll be seeing, how about any of you folks?

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by DougO
            If I were to video tape the JMS talk at the San Diego Comic Con and put it up at the side, would people be interested in downloading it? I'd probably need to get permission from JMS and/or the ComicCon staff to video tape the session.

-DougO
            So, Doug...are you home yet? Were you able to videotape JMS's stuff? Any interesting tid-bits, announcements or fairy tales?

Enquiring minds...

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
              So, Doug...are you home yet? Were you able to videotape JMS's stuff? Any interesting tid-bits, announcements or fairy tales?

Enquiring minds...

Jan
              I couldn't go to CC this year, since I didn't have the money. And I *live* in San Diego! So I wouldn't mind seeing a file of JMS' panel here. And the Battlestar Galactica panel too, but I doubt *that* would happen!

Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                Were you able to videotape JMS's stuff?
                Yep, I got all 90 minutes of it! I thought it was a very good session. He opened with about 10 minutes of talk and then spent the rest of the time taking Q&A. Questions included topics such as advice on how to become a writer, Spiderman, B5, favorite moments, the writing process, etc.

I'm thinking about what is the best way to present the material on the site. Ninety minutes is a *lot* of video so I think I'll need to break it down into smaller pieces that can be streamed/downloaded individually. One idea is to make each Q&A a separate download so you can jump right to topics of interest. I may also make an audio-only version for people with slower connections.

After the session I asked JMS if there was anything in the works for a follow up to the Dr. Strange mini-series. He said that one of the people involved in the project was unexpectedly unavailable and it had delayed further work at the moment.

-DougO

Comment

No fairy tales?

Sorry I meant to say thank you and whatever you decide is fine with me I look forward to see and hearing all of it.
                  Last edited by babylon1122; 07-18-2005, 05:25 PM.
                  Joan

Comment

Originally posted by DougO
                    Yep, I got all 90 minutes of it!
                    Yay! Thanks!

I'm thinking about what is the best way to present the material on the site. Ninety minutes is a *lot* of video so I think I'll need to break it down into smaller pieces that can be streamed/downloaded individually. One idea is to make each Q&A a separate download so you can jump right to topics of interest. I may also make an audio-only version for people with slower connections.
                    How bad would breaking things into approx. 15-20 minute chunks be? That sounds fairly manageable?

After the session I asked JMS if there was anything in the works for a follow up to the Dr. Strange mini-series. He said that one of the people involved in the project was unexpectedly unavailable and it had delayed further work at the moment.
                    Anything about getting more Dream Police? I'd kind of like to see more of that.

Thanks, Doug! Hope you had a great time!

Jan

Comment

I was able to attend the JMS Comic-Con forum and I must agree it went very well. He was, as always I'm sure, both hilarious and inspirational. Great session overall and I'm looking forward to next year's.
                      -JDigital

This post just happens to be my fourth favorite thing in the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by jdigital
                        He was, as always I'm sure, both hilarious and inspirational.
                        That's a good description I think. Even hours after his presentation at the Philly con I could hear him talking about the writer who burned to tell his story.

And I've got to ask....what are your first three favorite things?

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                          And I've got to ask....what are your first three favorite things?
                          I guess that's something you're just going to have to figure out yourself...
                          -JDigital

Comment

Originally posted by jdigital
                            I guess that's something you're just going to have to figure out yourself...
                            I'm afraid...I'm very afraid... Guess you'd better keep posting then.

Jan

Comment

Attached is a pic of JMS at comic-con if anybody's interested. It was taken with a cameraphone, so his head gives the appearance of dissolving into the bright background, but you can get a general idea.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by jdigital; 07-21-2005, 08:55 PM.
                              -JDigital

Comment

I see. JMS is a creature of light.
                                Andrew Swallow

Comment

Working...
                                X