No announcement yet.

JMS Appearances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that, Frulad! At least you're still able to come, though.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

(Temporarily) Single and ready to mingle!
      Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

JMS cancels UK appearance

Since several cons were discussed, I've changed the name of the thread to the more general 'JMS Appearances'.

Or in this case, non-appearance due to illness. Found on the UK B5 newsgroup:

Title: jms: Change in Plans
        Author: [email protected]
        Date: 9 May 2005 14:38:40 -0700
        Message-ID: <[email protected] .com>

Well, ain't life grand.

I've been fighting a worsening ear infection since flying back from
        Toronto last week, and in a follow-up today with my doctor he explained
        that if I get on a plane anytime in the next seven to ten days, I risk
        blowing out my left eardrum and potentially losing my hearing in that
        ear. This is, unhappily, a recurring problem. This happened before
        when I was working on Jeremiah, and I had to take a train from LA to
        Vancouver. (Unfortunately, there are as yet no trains from the US to
        the UK.)

My apologies to the UK fans who were looking forward to my visit (both
        of you), and I hope we can try this again.

jms
        Ouch. I've only had one ear infection in my life and I *never* want to repeat it.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Isn't there some kind of weird deal where JMS no maneja? Porque el drive through California, Oregon y Washington es really nice.

Why I decided to write that in Spanglish I don't know...
          Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
            Isn't there some kind of weird deal where JMS no maneja? Porque el drive through California, Oregon y Washington es really nice.

Why I decided to write that in Spanglish I don't know...
            Does 'maneja' mean drive? If so:

Subject: Re: ATTN JMS: Driving
            To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
            Date: 8/3/1996 3:50:00 PM
            No Thread

"I was really surprised to read in the TV Guide article that you don't
            drive. How have you been able to live in auto-dependent Southern
            California for so many years with out giving in and starting to drive? I'm
            amazed that you manage to do it..."

So am I, some days.

It's a moral thing; I'm a *terrible* driver, easily distracted, my depth
            perception sucks, and...I hit things. And they frown on that. So for the
            good of the Commonweal, even though it's a monumental pain in the ass, I
            stay off the road.

So when I can't catch a ride with someone, I have an occasional (per-job)
            driver, or I get cabs. Used to ride the bus all the time. All the time I
            was working at Filmation at the start of my TV staff career I bussed it
            in; took about 2-2 1/2 hours to get from Glendale to Encino, approximately
            a 45 minute drive by car.

Now it's usually just a car, one way or another, but it's still a pain.
            At the same time, though, I know I could never live with myself if I ever
            harmed someone else, so here we are....

jms
            Jan

Comment

Yes, maneja is the third person for of manejar and it means drive.

Wow, just from the experience I get on the road every day due to fucking morons being on the road, I wish a lot more people would make the decision that JMS has made...
              Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Like the accident this a.m. in Toronto on its busiest highway..... someone cut in front of a big rig carrying beer. The truck flipped on its side and the person's car was smushed. Luckily, no serious injuries.... except for the 2000 cases of beer that smashed across the highway. (that's a lot of cases ) Took 'em all morning to clear it up and backed up traffic a long way.
                Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

Damn shame about the beer....
                  RIP Coach Larry Finch
                  Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
                  Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

That's what I say, tangled traffic - yeah, whatever, but the beer.... oh the beer

Comment

THIS IS A NEWS UPDATE

Dateline, Toronto.

In a tragic accident today, 2,000 cases of beer had their lives cut short when a local driver swerved in front of the truck carrying the beer on the first leg of a journey to new and loving homes. In the following moments, the truck flipped and shocked onlookers watched as the highway streamed with amber liquid and foam swirling around the far-flung bits of glass and metal. Several men attempted to leap from their vehicles to aid the 48,000 victims, but in the final analysis, little could be done.

"I hope I never have to witness a tragedy like this again." said John Buckingham, truck driver, as he dashed gathering moisture from his eyes. Many of the bystanders were left shaken, and more than a few spoke of raising a glass in memory that evening. "It was awful." added yet another motorist who declined to be identified.

Although all 2,000 cases were lost, the police did say the no people were seriously injured and the damage to property was limited.
                      "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

THIS IS A NEWS UPDATE

Dateline, Toronto.

In a tragic accident today, 2,000 cases of beer had their lives cut short

Thanks for making me laugh today It makes the tragedy a little easier to take

Comment

I remember a song

48,000 bottles of beer on the road
                          48,000 bottles of beer
                          If one of those bottles should happen to fall
                          What a waste of alcohol....

47,999 bottles of beer......
                          "Ivanova is God!"

Comment

Back on topic about JMS appearances.......

http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConTor...p?CategoryID=3

Comment

I'd heard that he made a surprise appearance. Wonder if he did any spotlights or if it was just signings.

Jan

Comment

I don't know, I wanted to go but couldn't. Hopefully I'll be able to get to see him in August. I'm sure the tickets will go fast. I've already asked my husband to clear a space on the old credit card - I'm sure it'll be pricey.

Not only JMS, but James Marsters of Buffy will be there at the convention. I may have to take a loan to see everybody I want

Comment

Working...
                                X