Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Joe Store

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Don’t shout, this is a genuine expression of surprise. But I thought he cleaned out all his old B5 stuff with those garage sale type events back in nought five.

    http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=814

    As I understand it, there was some REALLY nice unique stuff amongst it – the sort of things you’d expect someone in his position to have, and if he was thinking of donating something to a museum then something from that lot wouldn’t be out of place. Some of it went for equally impressive prices. . .

    I just wasn’t expecting to read, in effect, he’d sold genuine rarities like the book of G’Kar, Battle of the Line medals or the Na’Ka’Leen feeder marquette, etc. years ago to clear out space – but kept what basically boils down to things like old out of print magazines, comics, baseball caps and book markers, etc.

    Americans are just weird to me.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Triple F View Post
      I just wasn’t expecting to read, in effect, he’d sold genuine rarities like the book of G’Kar, Battle of the Line medals or the Na’Ka’Leen feeder marquette, etc. years ago to clear out space – but kept what basically boils down to things like old out of print magazines, comics, baseball caps and book markers, etc.

      Americans are just weird to me.
      G'KAR
      If you're going to be worried every
      time the universe doesn't make sense,
      you're going to be worried every
      moment of every day for the rest of
      your natural life.


      Nothing to do with 'Americans', I don't think. Having sold (and bought) many things over the years, I can tell you that what I chose to sell (or not) is dependant completely on the moment, the reasons for selling and (often) the accessibility of the items. I'd never expect anything different from anybody else.
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Triple F View Post
        Don’t shout, this is a genuine expression of surprise. But I thought he cleaned out all his old B5 stuff with those garage sale type events back in nought five.

        http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=814

        As I understand it, there was some REALLY nice unique stuff amongst it – the sort of things you’d expect someone in his position to have, and if he was thinking of donating something to a museum then something from that lot wouldn’t be out of place. Some of it went for equally impressive prices. . .

        I just wasn’t expecting to read, in effect, he’d sold genuine rarities like the book of G’Kar, Battle of the Line medals or the Na’Ka’Leen feeder marquette, etc. years ago to clear out space – but kept what basically boils down to things like old out of print magazines, comics, baseball caps and book markers, etc.

        Americans are just weird to me.
        My guess is the stuff in "nought five" was cool stuff JMS, and others, thought to keep or stuff they thought would/could bring in a lot of moola at that time. I feel what we are seeing now is a sale of general accumulation, ie extra comics, books, and general memorabilia accumulated over the years.
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

        Comment


        • #34
          I got my "The Joe Store" package today. It had the 4 B5 hats I ordered, and it also had a signed "Joe's Comics" bookmark and a copy of the complete shooting script of Show #422 "Sleeping in Light."

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Kraig View Post
            I got my "The Joe Store" package today. It had the 4 B5 hats I ordered, and it also had a signed "Joe's Comics" bookmark and a copy of the complete shooting script of Show #422 "Sleeping in Light."
            Nice! I'd forgotten that I'd read that they were going to include the SiL scripts for orders over a certain amount. Enjoy! I've always loved the 'Joe's Comics' logo.
            "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

            Comment


            • #36
              Wasn't just B5 stuff; there was stuff written since then.

              Comment

              Working...
              X