X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Since this thread is discussing the purchase of JMS related merchandise I'd like to take this opportunity to bask in my own glow for a moment. Today I received the last Franke B5 related soundtrack CD I was missing - ENDGAME. It has been a long journey, but I've finally completed my collection (with the help of a friend who moderates this very board.) Anyway, I had to share the news with someone so why not all of you.
    Congratulations!

I have had my eye on those CDs for a while.

Speaking of the Joe store, I was just the other day thinking of posting a post here and ask if it was still possible to find some B5 memorabilia, like scripts and other small things as props are to expensive, out there without getting ruined. A coincidence that the Joe store opened the same week?

You do have a point Ubik, it is a bit on the pricey side. I have been slowly collecting the B5 magazines and the ones here are three times the going price. But then again, it is Joe's magazines ...

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Was there anything really rare / exciting when the site launched? Browsing this morning and I'm not seeing much that excites me. Perhaps the best stuff got snaffled on launch? I quite like the old B5 logo tees, but I'd have to eat a lot to fit into a XXL.

I must admit a lot of the pricing is on the high side. Am wondering why you'd pay $30 for a hardback of Superman: Earth One, when it's available for $11 from Amazon!? (I know, I know, Amazon is evil, but that's the going price.)
    Last edited by Ubik; 10-10-2018, 02:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Since this thread is discussing the purchase of JMS related merchandise I'd like to take this opportunity to bask in my own glow for a moment. Today I received the last Franke B5 related soundtrack CD I was missing - ENDGAME. It has been a long journey, but I've finally completed my collection (with the help of a friend who moderates this very board.) Anyway, I had to share the news with someone so why not all of you.
    Congratulations! There's a great feeling about completing a collection, isn't there? So what are you gonna collect next?

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    I reloaded the web page for The Joe Store. The items were still in my cart, and I was able to reenter my shipping information and get the order placed. I just hope they still have the merchandise in stock.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Seems like it's a rite of passage for JMS' stuff to crash servers. It happened with the B5 Fan Club. It happened with B5 Books. And now it's happened with The Joe Store. It's like the servers see JMS' people coming and they go "Oh, CRAP!" and run and hide.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Originally posted by Kraig View Post
    I got as far as the checkout screen. But my order selection, less shipping cost, and being able to pay are greyed out with spinning white inside black balls. I am not able to complete an order.

This message is what I got after I confirmed my email address:

My sincere apologies to those of you who've been trying to access The Joe Store since 11am this morning.

I am working to move the site to another server, but, for the moment, I'm taking the store offline to fulfill the orders that made it through and to secure the orders that couldn't make it through checkout.

My thanks to the folks at B5 Books, who kindly amplified my signal (perhaps too much, it seems). This was not their fault; it was mine, so please direct all inquiries to jason (at) thejoestore (dot) com and I'll answer them as quickly as I'm able.

Once again, I'm sorry for the frustration.

Jason Davis
    The Joe Store
    I got the same, sent Jason a mail with a pic of my cart, so hoping he can assist at some time.

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    I got as far as the checkout screen. But my order selection, less shipping cost, and being able to pay are greyed out with spinning white inside black balls. I am not able to complete an order.

This message is what I got after I confirmed my email address:

My sincere apologies to those of you who've been trying to access The Joe Store since 11am this morning.

I am working to move the site to another server, but, for the moment, I'm taking the store offline to fulfill the orders that made it through and to secure the orders that couldn't make it through checkout.

My thanks to the folks at B5 Books, who kindly amplified my signal (perhaps too much, it seems). This was not their fault; it was mine, so please direct all inquiries to jason (at) thejoestore (dot) com and I'll answer them as quickly as I'm able.

Once again, I'm sorry for the frustration.

Jason Davis
    The Joe Store

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Message from Jason:

‎Jason Davis‎ to Babylon 5
    12 mins

We are moving The Joe Store to another server. I'm not yet sure how long the transition will take, but in the meantime, I'm going to be doing damage control.

This was ENTIRELY my fault, and I will fix it.

I apologize to everyone for the frustration.|

JASON DAVIS
    And JMS:

J. Michael Straczynski

@straczynski
    47m47 minutes ago

For those who heard about the once-in-a-lifetime chance to pick up some rare B5 collectibles, books and such from http://thejoestore.com -- there's a slight delay. The IT guys didn't anticipate how many folks would show up and it crashed. They're fixing it but will be a bit.

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    Finally in the store - 109 items. So, not practical for screen shots, etc. When I tried to sort by price got a database error. Another time.
    Last edited by nottenst; 10-09-2018, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    replied
    I saw a lot of stuff, books, t-shirts, caps, ranger-pin, comics,cd's, magnets, bookmarks, ... Can't manage to put anything in the cart though.

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    Made it to the home page, but nothing further. No idea if this is practical or not, but if someone who does get further could take some screen snaps of just what is there that would be useful.

Or if there is even a text list of items that might be nice.

Neil

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Jason posted that the software seems to have been designed by Shadows. That would explain it...
    Indeed ! </Teal'C Voice>

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied
    Having same problem with database errors... few things i would like and can afford. Will just have to see how this shakes out.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Jason posted that the software seems to have been designed by Shadows. That would explain it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X