Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMS Autobiography-"Becoming Superman" - NO Spoilers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMS is posting chapter titles. Here are the first:

Chapter titles given in sequential order:
    (Intro by Neil Gaiman)
    We Were Told
    Strange Relations
    Faster Than a Speeding Bullet
    Death As a Lifestyle
    Pigeon Dinner With a Slice of Watermelon T
    he First One's Always Free
    The Face Behind the Mask
    The Wind Took Away His Name
    Last edited by Jan; 03-13-2019, 03:50 PM.
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Next set of chapter titles. And upcoming news on the audio book!

@straczynski

More chapter titles from the autobiography, and coming later today: an announcement about who will be doing the audio book!
      Being Invisible
      Targets of Opportunity
      Patricide by Proxy
      Discovering Words, Worlds and Estrogen
      The God Thing
      The Weed of Evil Bears Strange Fruit
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Oh, this is wonderful news!!

@straczynski
        And now, to answer the question everyone's been asking since the autobiography was announced, "Who's doing the audiobook?" I can at last announce that the book will be brought to life by none other than the amazing, the multi-talented
        Peter Jurasik!

Comment

Excellent choice, indeed !
          Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

I got the ARC today. I'm on page 67. This is mind-boggling. And that's all I'll say right now. Not planning on posting any spoiler, don't worry.

Comment

More chapter headings from the upcoming autobiography:
              The God Thing, Redux
              Blood in the Street
              When the Light at the End of the Tunnel Isn't a Train (For a Change)
              The Big Con
              God, Death and Harlan Ellison
              An Unexpected Journey to Toon Town
              Who Ya Gonna Call?
              And I asked a question:

Comment

I can't recall if this was mentioned on earlier pages, but the audiobook is narrated by Peter Jurasik. I just pre-ordered the audiobook.
                "Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." - William James

Comment

i have made a request of Essi, since my birthday is 6 days after it is released *and* she works in a freaking book store, I've asked her to buy it as my present this year.
                  "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

I've posted a review on Goodreads (Amazon doesn't allow them since it's not available yet. Spoiler-free.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho..._review_page=1

I would imagine it would be obvious but given the chorus of folks wanting Peter J. to read the book in Londo-voice, it's worth pointing out that this is *not* a book about Babylon 5. It's about the path he took to become the person who could create and make the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      I would imagine it would be obvious but given the chorus of folks wanting Peter J. to read the book in Londo-voice, it's worth pointing out that this is *not* a book about Babylon 5. It's about the path he took to become the person who could create and make the show.
                      ..and obviously other work and other shows.
                      And *he* isn't PJ but JMS (my comment only for the dumb).
                      B5-Stefan

Comment

JMS posted his author pic that will show on the book jacket and a poster named Rob Pivarnik meme-ified it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cool.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	151328

Comment

Only available to folks in the US, I'm afraid, but here's a chance to win a copy of the ARC of JMS' autobiography:
                          https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...vuRVb7vPlT2E94

Comment

I just got my hands on an ARC. Just three chapters in and Wow!
                            Webmaster
                            SFTV.org
                            B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

Originally posted by sftv View Post
                              I just got my hands on an ARC. Just three chapters in and Wow!
                              Glad you got it! It's pretty intense in places despite the fact that he's taken a fairly straigthforward way of writing about what happened. For me one of the amazing parts is how aware he was at such a young age.
                              Last edited by Jan; 04-14-2019, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia View Post
                                I can't recall if this was mentioned on earlier pages, but the audiobook is narrated by Peter Jurasik. I just pre-ordered the audiobook.
                                Where did you pre-order it? And wouldn't that be weird for Jurasik to read?! I mean I think it would be strange to read aloud my friend's autobiography. I mean without being sarcastic about it. LOL
                                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Working...
                                X