Convention Appearance Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    I have to say I kind of hope we weren't formerly introduced just because it must have been very, very brief. I would really regret it if we had met and I didn't get to know you. I deeply regret that I didn't get to spend more time with babylonlurker, but we did have some good conversation time the last day - he is fascinating. And as I have pointed out, Jan and I have had a couple of different Con experiences together, so that has been awesome. I wish she and I had hung out more in Galveston, but you know it was pretty crazy. That whole weekend was just a whirlwind of an emotional roller coaster. Between running panel to panel, feeling nervous about asking questions while at the same time trying to come up with good questions. Wanting to meet people, but feeling a bit overwhelmed. And on top of ALL that I was feeling guilty that my mom came and I wasn't spending much time with her during the days we were there. We likely did briefly meet because I have your picture and you posed for it. Plus I know you saw me around. If you went to Jan's FreeBabylon5 Panel you saw me because I helped her out a very small way. Too bad our meeting wasn't more substantial. There should have been a Fan Icebreaker panel before everything started. LOL

Which reminds me of another one of my regrets about that Con. I MISSED THE VIP MEET AND GREET on Thursday because I never saw anything that said it was Thursday Night. I know I've seen other Cons where it is Friday or Saturday night, so that is when I assumed it would be because I never saw any message, note, schedule, update, or anything that said it was the Thursday night before everything started.

And another thing I remember about that Con was the crazy amount of people in costume versus the overall attendance. Granted my Con experience is limited, but I don't think I've ever been to a Con where the ratio of people in costume to people not in costume was so close. It was great and like a fool I didn't take more pics of all that wonder creativity. Almost all of my pics are of the actors. I am VERY glad I did get one of you in your wonderful Ranger Uniform. Oddly enough us discussing your costume and me going back and finding that photo jarred an epiphany about Mr. Marcus Cole. I am going to save that for another thread and another time.
    I can't wait for that epiphany...

And it's ok we didn't get to know each other then--we're getting to know each other now. And TBH, it was probably a good thing we didn't get too acquainted back then because between December 20, 2012 and April 24, 2014 I had literally SEVEN good days, just seven, that day at the con being one of them. That was the worst time of my life and I was NO fun. lol

I didn't go to the M&G either; I only went for the one day, because I never have money for the whole shebang. Next time we'll have to aim to get to the same con for the entirety of it.

Do you have your pictures anywhere? Not because I care about the ones of me all that much (I know what I look like lol) but just so I could see someone else's perspective of the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan'waia View Post
      between December 20, 2012 and April 24, 2014 I had literally SEVEN good days, just seven, that day at the con being one of them. That was the worst time of my life and I was NO fun. lol
      WOW! That is REALLY specific. I can't imagine. I hope I never have a bad run like that.

I didn't go to the M&G either; I only went for the one day, because I never have money for the whole shebang. Next time we'll have to aim to get to the same con for the entirety of it.
      Yeah I have GOT to be better with my money, or just get more of it! That is one of the major things that held me back in Galveston. I wanted everybody's signature and everything possible, but those damn funds kept getting in the way. I still spent A BUNDLE. Wish I had gone all out for the biggest VIP package because I probably spent close to that anyway. I am VERY glad I went for three days and stayed in the hotel. It gave me VERY brief encounters with Bruce Boxleitner, Claudia Christian, and Andrea Thompson just on the elevator. And actually what started with a brief encounter with Dylan Neal on the elevator turned into another encounter and one very long conversation. He was GREAT! - Very approachable and Very frank.

Do you have your pictures anywhere? Not because I care about the ones of me all that much (I know what I look like lol) but just so I could see someone else's perspective of the event.
      Good Gravy Shan'waia! I thought I had an album on my profile. I don't. I just set one up. I will start adding some pics as soon as possible.
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Hahah; it's specific because the first day was the day my Mamaw passed away, and the last day was the day I quit a horrible job with a psycho boss and moved cities. And from what I heard, the evidence of sabotage and abuse I provided HR upon my departure resulted in said boss getting her comeuppance, which brightened the following months considerably. lol

It's not so much that I'm bad with money; I'm very good with it; I just have this thing called student loans! The cast were all so amazing, and Dylan really was awesome. I'm glad y'all got t chat.

I'll go check out your album! I'm all excited now.

Comment

There's nothing in the album. lol

Comment

Yes I know. I remembered why there wasn't already an album; I can't get the pics to show up. I keep working with them and editing them and re-sizing them, but nothing seems to work. While I was messing with it I remembered this is what happened after the Con.

Comment

New con appearances from Pat Tallman:

Pat's Convention Schedule!

New Zealand
              Tauranga Armageddon *
              May 27-28th 2017, ASB Arena - 81 Truman Lane
              10am to 5pm both days **
              SUNDAY 12pm- Pat talks on Stage Two
              Professional Photo Op Saturday at 2:30pm and Sunday at 1:30pm

Wellington Armageddon *
              June 3-5th 2017, Westpac Stadium
              10am to 5pm both days **
              Sunday 12pm Pat talks on Stage Two
              Professional Photo Op Saturday at 4pm, Sunday at 3:45pm, Monday 3:45pm

*I'll be signing at my table as much as the con allows!
              ** a Meet Up after con hours TBA!

San Diego
              San Diego Comic Con
              July 20-23rd
              San Diego Convention Center
              Schedule TBA

Las Vegas
              Star Trek: Las Vegas
              August 2-6th
              The Rio Suites Hotel
              Schedule TBA

Hawaii
              HawaiiCon
              September 14-17th
              The Mauna Lani Resort
              Sunset Cruise and Pat's Birthday Party Sunday at 4:30pm-6:30pm. Tickets at Eventbrite. On Hawaiicon.com
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                New con appearances from Pat Tallman:

Pat's Convention Schedule!

New Zealand
                Tauranga Armageddon *
                May 27-28th 2017, ASB Arena - 81 Truman Lane
                10am to 5pm both days **
                SUNDAY 12pm- Pat talks on Stage Two
                Professional Photo Op Saturday at 2:30pm and Sunday at 1:30pm

Wellington Armageddon *
                June 3-5th 2017, Westpac Stadium
                10am to 5pm both days **
                Sunday 12pm Pat talks on Stage Two
                Professional Photo Op Saturday at 4pm, Sunday at 3:45pm, Monday 3:45pm

*I'll be signing at my table as much as the con allows!
                ** a Meet Up after con hours TBA!

San Diego
                San Diego Comic Con
                July 20-23rd
                San Diego Convention Center
                Schedule TBA

Las Vegas
                Star Trek: Las Vegas
                August 2-6th
                The Rio Suites Hotel
                Schedule TBA

Hawaii
                HawaiiCon
                September 14-17th
                The Mauna Lani Resort
                Sunset Cruise and Pat's Birthday Party Sunday at 4:30pm-6:30pm. Tickets at Eventbrite. On Hawaiicon.com
                WOW! Thanks for the great update. Looks like I won't be seeing her this summer.

Comment

Yes I know. I remembered why there wasn't already an album; I can't get the pics to show up. I keep working with them and editing them and re-sizing them, but nothing seems to work. While I was messing with it I remembered this is what happened after the Con.
                  Bummer! Well there's always Flickr. lol

Comment

I am working on it again so check back in a couple of days. The saddest part is, you won't be impressed.

Update: The first one is there, but you have to click on it. Give it a try.
                    Last edited by Looney; 04-29-2017, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Walter was at a con this past weekend and somebody posted that he'll be at Starkane in October.
                      http://www.starkane.com/guests.html
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I am working on it again so check back in a couple of days. The saddest part is, you won't be impressed.

Update: The first one is there, but you have to click on it. Give it a try.
                        Why would I not be impressed? Those are great! Especially the one of Claudia with her cutout and the profile shot of Robin Atkin Downes. And you did get one of me. lol Sorry I wasn't looking at the camera!

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        Walter was at a con this past weekend and somebody posted that he'll be at Starkane in October.
                        http://www.starkane.com/guests.html
                        Too bad I don't live anywhere near there. I haven't had a chance to meet him yet!

Comment

Why would I not be impressed? Those are great! Especially the one of Claudia with her cutout and the profile shot of Robin Atkin Downes. And you did get one of me. lol Sorry I wasn't looking at the camera!
                          Yeah I got that standee of Claudia in St. Louis when I met Andreas during the TNT Mall Tour. I wish I had gotten Boxleitner and Doyle as well, but I think they were all $35 a piece and I was just a poor college student. I had it for years. It was a huge pain getting it signed at Space City Con due to having to haul it around multiple dead end hallways and stairwells in the hotel when the elevator broke down. Then when I got it to her there was a big issue getting my VIP Pass authorized and it was just a mess of an experience, but I got that great pic and she posted it on her Facebook back in 2014.

As far as you looking at the camera I think there were several people taking pictures at that moment. You must not have a lot of paparazzi training . . . . yet. Actually it is my fault. I should have been yelling to get your attention.

Comment

Yeah I got that standee of Claudia in St. Louis when I met Andreas during the TNT Mall Tour. I wish I had gotten Boxleitner and Doyle as well, but I think they were all $35 a piece and I was just a poor college student. I had it for years. It was a huge pain getting it signed at Space City Con due to having to haul it around multiple dead end hallways and stairwells in the hotel when the elevator broke down. Then when I got it to her there was a big issue getting my VIP Pass authorized and it was just a mess of an experience, but I got that great pic and she posted it on her Facebook back in 2014.

As far as you looking at the camera I think there were several people taking pictures at that moment. You must not have a lot of paparazzi training . . . . yet. Actually it is my fault. I should have been yelling to get your attention.
                            Gotta love breaking elevators. I actually have an unspoken rule of NOT staying at the convention hotels if I can help it because they always break. lol

I haven't had any paparazzi training (probably a good thing). If I had everyone would have gotten a shot of me looking at them. lol

I'm jealous you got to meet Andreas. I'd have loved to meet him. And Jerry. Grrr if only Jerry hand't had to cancel!!! The rest of my life I'm going to be vexed by that miss.

Comment

And Jerry. Grrr if only Jerry hand't had to cancel!!! The rest of my life I'm going to be vexed by that miss.
                              Yeah I REALLY should have gone to that Phoenix Con.

Comment

Loonie, were you able to take pictures at the St. Louis TNT Mall Tour? I wish I had thought of bring a camera.

Comment

Working...
                                X