Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looney
    replied
    I am working on it again so check back in a couple of days. The saddest part is, you won't be impressed.

Update: The first one is there, but you have to click on it. Give it a try.
    Last edited by Looney; 04-29-2017, 06:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shan'waia
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Yes I know. I remembered why there wasn't already an album; I can't get the pics to show up. I keep working with them and editing them and re-sizing them, but nothing seems to work. While I was messing with it I remembered this is what happened after the Con.
    Bummer! Well there's always Flickr. lol

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    New con appearances from Pat Tallman:

Pat's Convention Schedule!

New Zealand
    Tauranga Armageddon *
    May 27-28th 2017, ASB Arena - 81 Truman Lane
    10am to 5pm both days **
    SUNDAY 12pm- Pat talks on Stage Two
    Professional Photo Op Saturday at 2:30pm and Sunday at 1:30pm

Wellington Armageddon *
    June 3-5th 2017, Westpac Stadium
    10am to 5pm both days **
    Sunday 12pm Pat talks on Stage Two
    Professional Photo Op Saturday at 4pm, Sunday at 3:45pm, Monday 3:45pm

*I'll be signing at my table as much as the con allows!
    ** a Meet Up after con hours TBA!

San Diego
    San Diego Comic Con
    July 20-23rd
    San Diego Convention Center
    Schedule TBA

Las Vegas
    Star Trek: Las Vegas
    August 2-6th
    The Rio Suites Hotel
    Schedule TBA

Hawaii
    HawaiiCon
    September 14-17th
    The Mauna Lani Resort
    Sunset Cruise and Pat's Birthday Party Sunday at 4:30pm-6:30pm. Tickets at Eventbrite. On Hawaiicon.com
    WOW! Thanks for the great update. Looks like I won't be seeing her this summer.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    New con appearances from Pat Tallman:

Pat's Convention Schedule!

New Zealand
    Tauranga Armageddon *
    May 27-28th 2017, ASB Arena - 81 Truman Lane
    10am to 5pm both days **
    SUNDAY 12pm- Pat talks on Stage Two
    Professional Photo Op Saturday at 2:30pm and Sunday at 1:30pm

Wellington Armageddon *
    June 3-5th 2017, Westpac Stadium
    10am to 5pm both days **
    Sunday 12pm Pat talks on Stage Two
    Professional Photo Op Saturday at 4pm, Sunday at 3:45pm, Monday 3:45pm

*I'll be signing at my table as much as the con allows!
    ** a Meet Up after con hours TBA!

San Diego
    San Diego Comic Con
    July 20-23rd
    San Diego Convention Center
    Schedule TBA

Las Vegas
    Star Trek: Las Vegas
    August 2-6th
    The Rio Suites Hotel
    Schedule TBA

Hawaii
    HawaiiCon
    September 14-17th
    The Mauna Lani Resort
    Sunset Cruise and Pat's Birthday Party Sunday at 4:30pm-6:30pm. Tickets at Eventbrite. On Hawaiicon.com

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Yes I know. I remembered why there wasn't already an album; I can't get the pics to show up. I keep working with them and editing them and re-sizing them, but nothing seems to work. While I was messing with it I remembered this is what happened after the Con.

Leave a comment:

• Shan'waia
    replied
    There's nothing in the album. lol

Leave a comment:

• Shan'waia
    replied
    Hahah; it's specific because the first day was the day my Mamaw passed away, and the last day was the day I quit a horrible job with a psycho boss and moved cities. And from what I heard, the evidence of sabotage and abuse I provided HR upon my departure resulted in said boss getting her comeuppance, which brightened the following months considerably. lol

It's not so much that I'm bad with money; I'm very good with it; I just have this thing called student loans! The cast were all so amazing, and Dylan really was awesome. I'm glad y'all got t chat.

I'll go check out your album! I'm all excited now.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Shan'waia View Post
    between December 20, 2012 and April 24, 2014 I had literally SEVEN good days, just seven, that day at the con being one of them. That was the worst time of my life and I was NO fun. lol
    WOW! That is REALLY specific. I can't imagine. I hope I never have a bad run like that.

I didn't go to the M&G either; I only went for the one day, because I never have money for the whole shebang. Next time we'll have to aim to get to the same con for the entirety of it.
    Yeah I have GOT to be better with my money, or just get more of it! That is one of the major things that held me back in Galveston. I wanted everybody's signature and everything possible, but those damn funds kept getting in the way. I still spent A BUNDLE. Wish I had gone all out for the biggest VIP package because I probably spent close to that anyway. I am VERY glad I went for three days and stayed in the hotel. It gave me VERY brief encounters with Bruce Boxleitner, Claudia Christian, and Andrea Thompson just on the elevator. And actually what started with a brief encounter with Dylan Neal on the elevator turned into another encounter and one very long conversation. He was GREAT! - Very approachable and Very frank.

Do you have your pictures anywhere? Not because I care about the ones of me all that much (I know what I look like lol) but just so I could see someone else's perspective of the event.
    Good Gravy Shan'waia! I thought I had an album on my profile. I don't. I just set one up. I will start adding some pics as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Shan'waia
    replied
    I have to say I kind of hope we weren't formerly introduced just because it must have been very, very brief. I would really regret it if we had met and I didn't get to know you. I deeply regret that I didn't get to spend more time with babylonlurker, but we did have some good conversation time the last day - he is fascinating. And as I have pointed out, Jan and I have had a couple of different Con experiences together, so that has been awesome. I wish she and I had hung out more in Galveston, but you know it was pretty crazy. That whole weekend was just a whirlwind of an emotional roller coaster. Between running panel to panel, feeling nervous about asking questions while at the same time trying to come up with good questions. Wanting to meet people, but feeling a bit overwhelmed. And on top of ALL that I was feeling guilty that my mom came and I wasn't spending much time with her during the days we were there. We likely did briefly meet because I have your picture and you posed for it. Plus I know you saw me around. If you went to Jan's FreeBabylon5 Panel you saw me because I helped her out a very small way. Too bad our meeting wasn't more substantial. There should have been a Fan Icebreaker panel before everything started. LOL

Which reminds me of another one of my regrets about that Con. I MISSED THE VIP MEET AND GREET on Thursday because I never saw anything that said it was Thursday Night. I know I've seen other Cons where it is Friday or Saturday night, so that is when I assumed it would be because I never saw any message, note, schedule, update, or anything that said it was the Thursday night before everything started.

And another thing I remember about that Con was the crazy amount of people in costume versus the overall attendance. Granted my Con experience is limited, but I don't think I've ever been to a Con where the ratio of people in costume to people not in costume was so close. It was great and like a fool I didn't take more pics of all that wonder creativity. Almost all of my pics are of the actors. I am VERY glad I did get one of you in your wonderful Ranger Uniform. Oddly enough us discussing your costume and me going back and finding that photo jarred an epiphany about Mr. Marcus Cole. I am going to save that for another thread and another time.
    I can't wait for that epiphany...

And it's ok we didn't get to know each other then--we're getting to know each other now. And TBH, it was probably a good thing we didn't get too acquainted back then because between December 20, 2012 and April 24, 2014 I had literally SEVEN good days, just seven, that day at the con being one of them. That was the worst time of my life and I was NO fun. lol

I didn't go to the M&G either; I only went for the one day, because I never have money for the whole shebang. Next time we'll have to aim to get to the same con for the entirety of it.

Do you have your pictures anywhere? Not because I care about the ones of me all that much (I know what I look like lol) but just so I could see someone else's perspective of the event.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Wait...I think we DID meet--I remember someone who was there with their mum and it was her first convention and who hadn't seen the show, and I remember because it was my dad's first con too and that's how they got talking.

Man if it turns out we did meet this will be as odd as my brother-in-law and I realizing we hung out with all the same people and at the same places in college, before he met my sister, without either of us realizing. lol
    I have to say I kind of hope we weren't formerly introduced just because it must have been very, very brief. I would really regret it if we had met and I didn't get to know you. I deeply regret that I didn't get to spend more time with babylonlurker, but we did have some good conversation time the last day - he is fascinating. And as I have pointed out, Jan and I have had a couple of different Con experiences together, so that has been awesome. I wish she and I had hung out more in Galveston, but you know it was pretty crazy. That whole weekend was just a whirlwind of an emotional roller coaster. Between running panel to panel, feeling nervous about asking questions while at the same time trying to come up with good questions. Wanting to meet people, but feeling a bit overwhelmed. And on top of ALL that I was feeling guilty that my mom came and I wasn't spending much time with her during the days we were there. We likely did briefly meet because I have your picture and you posed for it. Plus I know you saw me around. If you went to Jan's FreeBabylon5 Panel you saw me because I helped her out a very small way. Too bad our meeting wasn't more substantial. There should have been a Fan Icebreaker panel before everything started. LOL

Which reminds me of another one of my regrets about that Con. I MISSED THE VIP MEET AND GREET on Thursday because I never saw anything that said it was Thursday Night. I know I've seen other Cons where it is Friday or Saturday night, so that is when I assumed it would be because I never saw any message, note, schedule, update, or anything that said it was the Thursday night before everything started.

And another thing I remember about that Con was the crazy amount of people in costume versus the overall attendance. Granted my Con experience is limited, but I don't think I've ever been to a Con where the ratio of people in costume to people not in costume was so close. It was great and like a fool I didn't take more pics of all that wonder creativity. Almost all of my pics are of the actors. I am VERY glad I did get one of you in your wonderful Ranger Uniform. Oddly enough us discussing your costume and me going back and finding that photo jarred an epiphany about Mr. Marcus Cole. I am going to save that for another thread and another time.

Leave a comment:

• Shan'waia
    replied
    Nope. I went to about ten Cons in the late 90's. Then I didn't go to any from 2000-2013; Long, long story. So I went to C2E2 2013 in Chicago because JMS, Bruce, and Mira were all going to be there. As a bonus I learned Pat was going to be there with the Joe's Comics Team and then I learned Jan was planning to attend. Well that made it a no brainer. I needed to start going to Cons again and they dropped a perfect one about five hours away from me. I'd never met Jan in person and all four Babylon 5 guests had escaped me as well. It was great. I didn't get to hang out with Jan as much as I hoped that trip, but we had some time in Galveston and a couple of days in Houston last summer.

I sure wish we had met in Galveston. Totally my fault; just ask Jan. We both often just start talking to people at Cons in hopes they might be Babylon 5 fans or that we can interest them in becoming B5 fans. I was just overwhelmed in Galveston; kept having to pinch myself. LOL Plus it was weird because my mom went with me. She had never been to a Con and she wanted to see what it was all about. She had never seen B5, so she didn't attend any of the panels. She has since seen B5 and she curses me for not showing it to her sooner. (We haven't lived in the same state since 1998, so it isn't like we watch a lot together.)
    Wait...I think we DID meet--I remember someone who was there with their mum and it was her first convention and who hadn't seen the show, and I remember because it was my dad's first con too and that's how they got talking.

Man if it turns out we did meet this will be as odd as my brother-in-law and I realizing we hung out with all the same people and at the same places in college, before he met my sister, without either of us realizing. lol

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    No shame in being too caught up in the moment to document it. Was it your first con?

It's so weird we were right there but didn't "meet" until now. *insert strange Vorlon phrase here*
    Nope. I went to about ten Cons in the late 90's. Then I didn't go to any from 2000-2013; Long, long story. So I went to C2E2 2013 in Chicago because JMS, Bruce, and Mira were all going to be there. As a bonus I learned Pat was going to be there with the Joe's Comics Team and then I learned Jan was planning to attend. Well that made it a no brainer. I needed to start going to Cons again and they dropped a perfect one about five hours away from me. I'd never met Jan in person and all four Babylon 5 guests had escaped me as well. It was great. I didn't get to hang out with Jan as much as I hoped that trip, but we had some time in Galveston and a couple of days in Houston last summer.

I sure wish we had met in Galveston. Totally my fault; just ask Jan. We both often just start talking to people at Cons in hopes they might be Babylon 5 fans or that we can interest them in becoming B5 fans. I was just overwhelmed in Galveston; kept having to pinch myself. LOL Plus it was weird because my mom went with me. She had never been to a Con and she wanted to see what it was all about. She had never seen B5, so she didn't attend any of the panels. She has since seen B5 and she curses me for not showing it to her sooner. (We haven't lived in the same state since 1998, so it isn't like we watch a lot together.)

Leave a comment:

• Shan'waia
    replied
    No I was not in cosplay. And as for the blog pics I noticed there were several times when you almost got pics of the back of my head as I was sitting in the rows in front of you for some of those panels. You JUST missed me. LOL And I deeply regret that I did not take more photos of all of the wonderful people who were in cosplay at the Con. I think my brain was just overloaded. I felt like I was running around not knowing what to do next, especially since I was trying to hit every panel and so many overlapped. That is why I so wish I could do it again. I feel like I would be so better prepared. And I feel like I would have had soooooooooooooo much more fun with other fans. I was just too overwhelmed with joy or something. LMAO
    No shame in being too caught up in the moment to document it. Was it your first con?

It's so weird we were right there but didn't "meet" until now. *insert strange Vorlon phrase here*

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Oh haha I just linked you to the blog in the other post. Sorry I don't have any pictures of you! Were you in cosplay?
    No I was not in cosplay. And as for the blog pics I noticed there were several times when you almost got pics of the back of my head as I was sitting in the rows in front of you for some of those panels. You JUST missed me. LOL And I deeply regret that I did not take more photos of all of the wonderful people who were in cosplay at the Con. I think my brain was just overloaded. I felt like I was running around not knowing what to do next, especially since I was trying to hit every panel and so many overlapped. That is why I so wish I could do it again. I feel like I would be so better prepared. And I feel like I would have had soooooooooooooo much more fun with other fans. I was just too overwhelmed with joy or something. LMAO

Leave a comment:

• Shan'waia
    replied
    Okay after seeing your pics I definitely know I have a couple of you. You have none of me. Your loss. I am an extremely handsome man. Just ask Jan or Jan from Denmark. LOL Sorry it is late and Looney is a little loopy. I was just staying up to see if B5 went up on Go90 at midnight. It did not. At least not at midnight CST. I guess I will have to watch it when I can tomorrow.
    Oh haha I just linked you to the blog in the other post. Sorry I don't have any pictures of you! Were you in cosplay?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X