No announcement yet.

Convention Appearance Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it was truly a special experience. I only wish I had done more. I definitely wish I had spent more time with babylonlurker (Jan) and Jan. I know you probably won't remember, but I was walking around in a white FREEBABYLON 5 T-Shirt and, for a good portion of Friday, I was walking around with a Claudia standee I had her sign later in the day. I think I had that t-shirt on all weekend after I bought it, or one like it. I introduced myself to quite a few fans, but maybe I missed you. Oh how I would LOVE to relive that exact experience again.

I might go to Comicpalooza in Houston this year. I've been going to Space City Comic Con the last two years, but it isn't looking like that is happening this year, unless it is coming later in the summer. Space City Comic Con worked out GREAT last year because Jan came and it happened right around the time of my nephew's birth. This year, Comicpalooza is falling about ten days before my nephew's first birthday. Sure wish they would take me up on adding some more B5 people to Comicpalooza. That would lock me in. Right now I want to go to meet Lance Henriksen and I will definitely try to get something from Robert Englund related to Grey 17 Is Missing, 3.19. He probably doesn't even remember that small guest shot. It would also lock me in if I heard a certain Moderator from these Forums was headed back to Houston this year, but I already know there is no chance of that happening unless one J. Michael Straczynski joins the guest list, and even then that only slightly increases the odds.

And darn it! I just saw they added a couple of people from The Flash series. My friend's eight year old would freak out if I got her a couple of those autographs. She is obsessed with The Flash, especially Barry Allen (Grant Gusten). Too bad he won't be there. She is only eight and she already has a hardcore TV crush. It is going to be HORRIBLE when she reaches twelve.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Shan'waia View Post
      You were at Space City Comic Con in 2013? So was I! Took my dad; he'd never been to a convention before so we went all out. Cosplay and everything. We probably met and don't realize!!!
      Technically the one I went to was in 2014. It was at the very beginning of January and held in Galveston. A friend and I were doing the 'Free Babylon 5' table in the dealer's room so you may have seen me there. What was your cosplay?
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Technically the one I went to was in 2014. It was at the very beginning of January and held in Galveston. A friend and I were doing the 'Free Babylon 5' table in the dealer's room so you may have seen me there. What was your cosplay?
        Oh doi yes Galveston 2014. Sorry I have bacterial bronchitis right now so I'm kinda out of it. :P

I'll see if I can find my photos.

Comment

For Oregon folks, Robin Atkin Downes and Jason Carter will be at Cherry City Comic-Con.
          http://www.cherrycitycomiccon.com/guests/
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

East Coast Comic-con will have Bill Mumy and Tony Todd:
            http://www.eastcoastcomicon.com/media-guests

Comment

Well the pictures aren't saved on this computer which means they're backed up on my other hard drive, but I DID find my blog post from my now-inactive Tumblr account: http://kamikazebirdwithabrokenwing.t...ylon-5-reunion

Let me know if you're in any of the pictures!

Comment

Let me know if you're in any of the pictures!
                Thanks for sharing! I'm fairly sure I saw you there - as well as all but one of the other cosplayers. Didn't see the Minbari lady, I don't think. I don't see me in any of the pics but I only got to the reunion panel, none of the others because I was at the Free Babylon 5 table. Was the book you bought the B5-20? The intrepid Lt. Brandon of B5 Books was there and had a few to sell. He shared our table, too.

Thanks again! That was a fun weekend!

Comment

The book I bought was actually an indie author's book, but if you were at the Free B-5 table we definitely met!

I just found out my dad's looking at the Denver comic convention scene (he really enjoyed the experience and my parents have since moved up there) so I'll keep my ear to the ground on B5 guests there.

Comment

Okay after seeing your pics I definitely know I have a couple of you. You have none of me. Your loss. I am an extremely handsome man. Just ask Jan or Jan from Denmark. LOL Sorry it is late and Looney is a little loopy. I was just staying up to see if B5 went up on Go90 at midnight. It did not. At least not at midnight CST. I guess I will have to watch it when I can tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                      Okay after seeing your pics I definitely know I have a couple of you. You have none of me. Your loss. I am an extremely handsome man. Just ask Jan or Jan from Denmark. LOL Sorry it is late and Looney is a little loopy. I was just staying up to see if B5 went up on Go90 at midnight. It did not. At least not at midnight CST. I guess I will have to watch it when I can tomorrow.
                      Oh haha I just linked you to the blog in the other post. Sorry I don't have any pictures of you! Were you in cosplay?

Comment

Oh haha I just linked you to the blog in the other post. Sorry I don't have any pictures of you! Were you in cosplay?
                        No I was not in cosplay. And as for the blog pics I noticed there were several times when you almost got pics of the back of my head as I was sitting in the rows in front of you for some of those panels. You JUST missed me. LOL And I deeply regret that I did not take more photos of all of the wonderful people who were in cosplay at the Con. I think my brain was just overloaded. I felt like I was running around not knowing what to do next, especially since I was trying to hit every panel and so many overlapped. That is why I so wish I could do it again. I feel like I would be so better prepared. And I feel like I would have had soooooooooooooo much more fun with other fans. I was just too overwhelmed with joy or something. LMAO

Comment

No I was not in cosplay. And as for the blog pics I noticed there were several times when you almost got pics of the back of my head as I was sitting in the rows in front of you for some of those panels. You JUST missed me. LOL And I deeply regret that I did not take more photos of all of the wonderful people who were in cosplay at the Con. I think my brain was just overloaded. I felt like I was running around not knowing what to do next, especially since I was trying to hit every panel and so many overlapped. That is why I so wish I could do it again. I feel like I would be so better prepared. And I feel like I would have had soooooooooooooo much more fun with other fans. I was just too overwhelmed with joy or something. LMAO
                          No shame in being too caught up in the moment to document it. Was it your first con?

It's so weird we were right there but didn't "meet" until now. *insert strange Vorlon phrase here*

Comment

No shame in being too caught up in the moment to document it. Was it your first con?

It's so weird we were right there but didn't "meet" until now. *insert strange Vorlon phrase here*
                            Nope. I went to about ten Cons in the late 90's. Then I didn't go to any from 2000-2013; Long, long story. So I went to C2E2 2013 in Chicago because JMS, Bruce, and Mira were all going to be there. As a bonus I learned Pat was going to be there with the Joe's Comics Team and then I learned Jan was planning to attend. Well that made it a no brainer. I needed to start going to Cons again and they dropped a perfect one about five hours away from me. I'd never met Jan in person and all four Babylon 5 guests had escaped me as well. It was great. I didn't get to hang out with Jan as much as I hoped that trip, but we had some time in Galveston and a couple of days in Houston last summer.

I sure wish we had met in Galveston. Totally my fault; just ask Jan. We both often just start talking to people at Cons in hopes they might be Babylon 5 fans or that we can interest them in becoming B5 fans. I was just overwhelmed in Galveston; kept having to pinch myself. LOL Plus it was weird because my mom went with me. She had never been to a Con and she wanted to see what it was all about. She had never seen B5, so she didn't attend any of the panels. She has since seen B5 and she curses me for not showing it to her sooner. (We haven't lived in the same state since 1998, so it isn't like we watch a lot together.)

Comment

Nope. I went to about ten Cons in the late 90's. Then I didn't go to any from 2000-2013; Long, long story. So I went to C2E2 2013 in Chicago because JMS, Bruce, and Mira were all going to be there. As a bonus I learned Pat was going to be there with the Joe's Comics Team and then I learned Jan was planning to attend. Well that made it a no brainer. I needed to start going to Cons again and they dropped a perfect one about five hours away from me. I'd never met Jan in person and all four Babylon 5 guests had escaped me as well. It was great. I didn't get to hang out with Jan as much as I hoped that trip, but we had some time in Galveston and a couple of days in Houston last summer.

I sure wish we had met in Galveston. Totally my fault; just ask Jan. We both often just start talking to people at Cons in hopes they might be Babylon 5 fans or that we can interest them in becoming B5 fans. I was just overwhelmed in Galveston; kept having to pinch myself. LOL Plus it was weird because my mom went with me. She had never been to a Con and she wanted to see what it was all about. She had never seen B5, so she didn't attend any of the panels. She has since seen B5 and she curses me for not showing it to her sooner. (We haven't lived in the same state since 1998, so it isn't like we watch a lot together.)
                              Wait...I think we DID meet--I remember someone who was there with their mum and it was her first convention and who hadn't seen the show, and I remember because it was my dad's first con too and that's how they got talking.

Man if it turns out we did meet this will be as odd as my brother-in-law and I realizing we hung out with all the same people and at the same places in college, before he met my sister, without either of us realizing. lol

Comment

Wait...I think we DID meet--I remember someone who was there with their mum and it was her first convention and who hadn't seen the show, and I remember because it was my dad's first con too and that's how they got talking.

Man if it turns out we did meet this will be as odd as my brother-in-law and I realizing we hung out with all the same people and at the same places in college, before he met my sister, without either of us realizing. lol
                                I have to say I kind of hope we weren't formerly introduced just because it must have been very, very brief. I would really regret it if we had met and I didn't get to know you. I deeply regret that I didn't get to spend more time with babylonlurker, but we did have some good conversation time the last day - he is fascinating. And as I have pointed out, Jan and I have had a couple of different Con experiences together, so that has been awesome. I wish she and I had hung out more in Galveston, but you know it was pretty crazy. That whole weekend was just a whirlwind of an emotional roller coaster. Between running panel to panel, feeling nervous about asking questions while at the same time trying to come up with good questions. Wanting to meet people, but feeling a bit overwhelmed. And on top of ALL that I was feeling guilty that my mom came and I wasn't spending much time with her during the days we were there. We likely did briefly meet because I have your picture and you posed for it. Plus I know you saw me around. If you went to Jan's FreeBabylon5 Panel you saw me because I helped her out a very small way. Too bad our meeting wasn't more substantial. There should have been a Fan Icebreaker panel before everything started. LOL

Which reminds me of another one of my regrets about that Con. I MISSED THE VIP MEET AND GREET on Thursday because I never saw anything that said it was Thursday Night. I know I've seen other Cons where it is Friday or Saturday night, so that is when I assumed it would be because I never saw any message, note, schedule, update, or anything that said it was the Thursday night before everything started.

And another thing I remember about that Con was the crazy amount of people in costume versus the overall attendance. Granted my Con experience is limited, but I don't think I've ever been to a Con where the ratio of people in costume to people not in costume was so close. It was great and like a fool I didn't take more pics of all that wonder creativity. Almost all of my pics are of the actors. I am VERY glad I did get one of you in your wonderful Ranger Uniform. Oddly enough us discussing your costume and me going back and finding that photo jarred an epiphany about Mr. Marcus Cole. I am going to save that for another thread and another time.

Comment

Working...
                                X