No announcement yet.

JMS at SDCC 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday's schedule is up now. All I see so far is Alfonso Herrera's Exorcist panel. Unfortunately I won't be getting to town until after this is over.

FOX's breakout thriller returns for a second season. Join Father Tomas (Alfonso Herrera, Sense8), Father Marcus (Ben Daniels, House of Cards), Father Bennett (Kurt Egyiawan, Skyfall), and executive producers Jeremy Slater (Fantastic Four) and Sean Crouch (Numb3rs) for a special fan tribute panel including highlights and insights on the new season.
    Thursday July 20, 2017 6:00pm - 7:00pm
    Room 6BCF
    1: Programs, Horror and Suspense, Television
    Tags Horror and Suspense, Television
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

And Friday's schedule is out!

Friday, July 21 - 5:30pm - 6:30pm
      Spotlight on J. Michael Straczynski
      It's been a banner year for J. Michael Straczynski (JMS): writing the pilot for Midnight Nation for Universal and Gale Ann Hurd, adapting Ten Grand for A&E, writing a top-secret miniseries for TNT, and writing a Rising Stars screenplay for MGM. And of course this past May saw season 2 of his Netflix series, Sense8. Meet the Man, the Myth, and the Hollowed Out Chocolate Easter Bunny known simply as Joe for behind-the-scenes stories in what promises to be one of the most personal talks he has ever given.
      Friday July 21, 2017 5:30pm - 6:30pm
      Room 6DE
      1: Programs, Comic-Con Special Guest Spotlights & Appearances, Comics, Television
      Tags Comic-Con Special Guest Spotlights & Appearances, Comics, Television
      Room 6 DE will hold about 884 people theater style.
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

DAMN! I had the 22nd in the Skywatch Game. Jan, make sure he doesn't announce anything until Saturday!
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
          DAMN! I had the 22nd in the Skywatch Game. Jan, make sure he doesn't announce anything until Saturday!
          Remember the rules, Looney...remember the rules...

Here are the blurbs for Pat Tallman's panels as well as one featuring Mira Furlan and Bill Mumy and Bruce Boxleitner!

Space Command: Bold Adventures!
          Author Marc Scott Zicree (Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Twilight Zone Companion), Emmy Award-winning VFX geniuses (Star Trek: Voyager, Babylon 5), and a sci-fi superstar cast present the world premiere of the spectacular opening sequence of Space Command: Redemption, the epic adventure webseries that spans 150 years of galactic history! The cast includes Doug Jones (Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth), Bill Mumy (Lost in Space, The Twilight Zone), Bob Picardo (Star Trek: Voyager, Total Recall), Mira Furlan (Babylon 5, Lost), Bruce Boxleitner (Tron, Babylon 5), Mike Harney (Orange Is the New Black), Christina Moses (Containment), James Hong (Big Trouble in Little China), Faran Tahir (Star Trek), and worldwide Talent Search winners Ethan McDowell, Bryan McClure, and Sara Maraffino. With music by David Raiklen, plus Q&A and behind-the-scenes video.
          Friday July 21, 2017 12:00pm - 1:00pm
          Neil Morgan Auditorium, San Diego Central Library
          Selling The Hit—What You Always Wanted To Know About the Stunt Industry
          Stuntmen/women Esteban Cueto , James Gerardi, Brian Danner, Bryan McGowan, Patricia Tallman, Jessie Graff, and others discuss their experiences and offer advice in getting into and navigating the stunt industry in movies and TV, as well as how the industry has changed and is changing. Moderated by Eric Cajiuat.
          Friday July 21, 2017 1:00pm - 2:05pm
          Pacific 23, North Tower, Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
          Costuming and Related Topics for Fans 30 Years Old and Beyond
          John D. Callison (award-winning cosplayer and founder of Over30Cosplay), Patricia Tallman (Lyta on Babylon 5, Barbara from Night of the Living Dead), Alfredo Garcia (founding member, ret. U.S. Airforce colonel), Joyce McCarthy (award-winning cosplayer, master level costumer, restoration seamstress), Bernie Bergman (owner, Nerds Like Us), Mario Briones (cosplayer, founding member, Over30Cosplay), Victoria V. Ikerd-Schreiter (professional Wonder Woman double, cosplayer, child advocacy lawyer), and Cindy Nelson (award-winning cosplayer, founding member Over30Cosplay, Renaissance Entertainment Productions staff member) celebrate the history of comics culture, offer couple’s cosplay ideas, and combat negative, age-related, stereotypes. Plus, tips on costume choice, dating and family, age awareness in social media/marketing, and how to combat bullying in the community.
          Friday July 21, 2017 7:00pm - 8:00pm
          That's all I see for Friday. Saturday will be up tomorrow.
          Last edited by Jan; 07-07-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Just found a link Mira posted to Pat's Quest Retreats Page:

Join us for a revealing, and deeply personal conversation with Aaron Douglas, Mira Furlan, Eddie McClintock, Andrea Thompson, Lisa Wilcox and Patricia Tallman.

Our panel will open up about some of the hardest moments in their lives and how they overcame them. Would you have been able to go on? They will share how they did and how you can too.

The group will be signing from 3-4pm in the Sails Pavilion after the panel!

Come join us for this inspiring hour!

Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Star

Mira Furlan ( Babylon 5,Lost), Andrea Thompson ( NYPD Blue, Babylon 5), Lisa Wilcox (Star Trek,Nightmare on Elm Street 4), Aaron Douglas ( Battlestar Galactica, The Imposters, Dirk Gentley’s), Eddie McClintock (Warehouse 13, Bones) and Patricia Tallman ( Star Trek, Babylon 5, Night Of The Living Dead).

Date:
            July 22
            Time:
            1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
            Venue

Horton Grand Theatre
            444 Fourth Ave
            San Diego, CA 92101 United States
            Horton Theater is just a couple of blocks away from the convention center BUT everything is ticketed and they give out the tix at 9:00 AM the day of the event. Blech.

Comment

You're closer than I would've been. If I had noticed it earlier I would've picked 23rd.
              "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                Horton Theater is just a couple of blocks away from the convention center BUT everything is ticketed and they give out the tix at 9:00 AM the day of the event. Blech.
                Does this mean you will not try to go? Are you going to attend the other panels with Pat as long as they don't interfere with the JMS Spotlight?

And what rule? I don't remember any rule about you convincing JMS to not announce anything for a day. Where is that in the rules? LOL

P.S. If you do find that rule somewhere I would like to know because that suggests you have convinced JMS to do things in the past. If you have pulled off this feat before then I am sure you can do it again and I have a list for you.

Comment

Does this mean you will not try to go? Are you going to attend the other panels with Pat as long as they don't interfere with the JMS Spotlight?
                  We'll see. I'm not really interested in anything but the 'Be a Star' and 'Space Command' panels. The scrum for getting tickets first thing in the morning is a pain, though. We'll see.

And what rule? I don't remember any rule about you convincing JMS to not announce anything for a day. Where is that in the rules? LOL
                  There's a rule that might pertain to your situation. The game's been running for years now so you should be able to find what I mean.

P.S. If you do find that rule somewhere I would like to know because that suggests you have convinced JMS to do things in the past. If you have pulled off this feat before then I am sure you can do it again and I have a list for you.
                  Me. Persuade JMS to do/not do things in the past? Rrrrriiiggghhhtttt Silly Looney.... Even if I could (I can't) your list would go after my list. But I know my place: I ask questions.

Comment

Saturday's schedule is up.

Writing for Television, Film, and Comics with J. Michael Straczynski
                    After talent, the most important thing an up-and-coming writer needs is information on how to break into the writing profession as an art and a craft. Having written nearly 400 produced television episodes (with roughly half of that as producer), several hundred comics for DC, Marvel, and Image, and five big-budget movies that have grossed over a billion dollars around the world, J. Michael Straczynski (JMS) once again shares his knowledge with new writers to help them break in and improve their work. Note: This is not a lecture but rather uses a Q&A format, so come equipped with good questions.
                    Saturday July 22, 2017 2:00pm - 3:00pm
                    Room 11
                    Sigh...this conflicts with the

Do You Have What It Takes To Be a Star?
                    These panelists will tell the true stories of the worst moments in their professional careers and how they overcame them. From vicious feuds to absolute mortification, these actors bare it all. Would you be able to pick yourself up and keep going? Featuring Claudia Christian (Babylon 5, Atlantis), Mira Furlan (Babylon 5, Lost), Andrea Thompson (NYPD Blue, Babylon 5), Lisa Wilcox (A Nightmare on Elm Street 4), Aaron Douglas (Battlestar Galactica, Imposters), Eddie McClintock (Warehouse 13, Bones), and Patricia Tallman (Babylon 5, Night of The Living Dead).
                    Saturday July 22, 2017 1:30pm - 2:30pm
                    Horton Grand Theatre

Comment

I just saw a tweet from Bruce that he won't be at the Space Command panel, that he was never asked.

Comment

I just saw a tweet from Bruce that he won't be at the Space Command panel, that he was never asked.
                        Oh dear, that doesn't look very good!

I do remain curious to see their first installment though.
                        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                          Oh dear, that doesn't look very good!

I do remain curious to see their first installment though.
                          Oh is it finally coming? It has been so long I was under the impression there would be nothing released until they were all finished.

Comment

Oh is it finally coming? It has been so long I was under the impression there would be nothing released until they were all finished.
                            All the blurb for the panel says is that they'll show the opening sequence.

Comment

All the blurb for the panel says is that they'll show the opening sequence.
                              HA! Haven't they been showing that for, like, six years now?! LOL

Sorry to be a downer, but this is one of those projects that seems to have become all hype that it will never deliver on - even if it does get released some decade.

Comment

HA! Haven't they been showing that for, like, six years now?! LOL

Sorry to be a downer, but this is one of those projects that seems to have become all hype that it will never deliver on - even if it does get released some decade.
                                Well, they have sets and they're shooting... so, there is definitely movement.
                                Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Working...
                                X