Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melissa Gilbert in new bid for Congress

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...-run/31424715/

“I'm running for Congress to make life a little easier for all the families who feel they have fallen through the cracks in today's economy,” Gilbert said in a statement released on her website, www.gilbertformichigan.com. “I believe building a new economy is a team effort, and we need to bring fresh voices to the table to get the job done.”

Her hopes could also be helped in a presidential year when Democratic turnout tends to be higher. President Barack Obama won the district 52%-46% in 2008, though Republican nominee Mitt Romney outperformed the incumbent Democrat 51%-48% in 2012.

Gilbert, 51, has not held political office before but was president of the Screen Actors Guild from 2001 to 2005, serving two terms. An actress and director, she is a native of California and moved to Howell in 2013 after marrying Busfield, who is a native of East Lansing.

I am going to have to watch some of her campaign and watch out for shadows to see if they move when you are not looking at them.

Comment

Working...
    X