X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B5 Cast Group signing

fyi
    Bad planning:
    B5 Cast Group signing is colliding with JMS Spotlight: Sat. 4:30-5:30pm.

Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
      fyi
      Bad planning:
      B5 Cast Group signing is colliding with JMS Spotlight: Sat. 4:30-5:30pm.

Stefan
      They probably weren't given a choice. Though if all one's interested in is autographs, it works. JMS is at 3 and the cast at 4:30. It could still work out since there's just a generic panel in the room where JMS' spotlight is. Trouble is, that room is way smaller than he usually gets. And while he hasn't had a lot of comics come out the last few months, I'm betting that a bunch of the Sense8 fans will be vying for space.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Pat Tallman posted info on a limited photo that will be available even if you can't make it to the con. With autographs going for $30-$40 these days, $200 (plus postage) is a steal.

Originally posted by Patricia Tallman

This limited edition photo will be available at our group signing on Saturday at ‪#‎SDCC‬ at 4:30. Only $200 full autographed! And you get to be in a photo with all of us afterwards. Only 50 available then gone forever. I can take pre-orders. Let me know if you want one!
        ‪#‎babylon5‬ ‪#‎WeAreStillHere
        If you would like one but cannot attend, I will have it signed for you, personalized if you like and paypal invoice you for $200 plus shipping. I need to have the $ before Thursday, Ok? Please email me your mailing addy and paypal email at [email protected]. #Loveyoumeanit!
        https://www.facebook.com/PatriciaTal...type=1&theater

Folks are leaving their emails on the thread for Pat to send a PayPal invoice to.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Pat's awesome. I love the way she uses Facebook for her fans.

The way they superimposed Robin and Jerry onto the 20th Anniversary photo is a little hilarious, though.

Comment

Some SDCC Notes

In regards to the hoop jumping, this Io9 article covers a lot of it.

http://io9.com/the-crazy-lengths-peo...con-1715847049

However, they don't really go into details on tickets for autographs or (starting last year) panels at the Horton Grand Theatre (which is where the B5 panel is).

Last year was the first year they did panels at the Horton Grand, and I went to the John Scalzi one. However, the tickets are handed out as part of the massive line in the morning where everyone is in line trying to get a ticket for one of the limited autograph sessions. A few of the Horton panels did get rid of all their tickets when processing the line, but not all of them. So, if you go through the line (or miss the line) and don't get a ticket for the panel, check at the autograph booth in the Sails pavilion once they are done, which is how I got a ticket for Scalzi. Hopefully they are a bit more organized with them this year. If you still don't get a ticket, It is possible that some people won't show up and you can get in as stand by outside the theatre. I'm pretty sure that there will be more people wanting to get into the panel than it can seat, but it being offsite and requiring the ticket hoop jumping may mean not all of them will try to go.

The reality is that the majority of the people in the ticket line are trying to get tickets for the Big Bang Theory cast or some other limited celebrity signing. But it is still yet another massive line to wait in.

Keep an eye on Pat's facebook page, maybe she'll have some extra tickets to hand out. I got into a George Martin line last year (one for the Game of Throne Calendar) because the calendar artist also had some tickets to hand out. Much easier than taking my chances in the massive line.

A couple of other notes:

The MaryJane's cafe at the Hard Rock Hotel is The Expanse Cafe this year, to promote the new series The Expanse starting this fall on SyFy. Definitely try to get into the panel for that if it doesn't conflict with anything else. Pictures up on the sdccblog website: http://sdccblog.com/2015/07/syfys-th...rd-rock-hotel/

Lee Whiteside
            (who will not be there this year).
            Webmaster
            SFTV.org
            B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
              Pat Tallman posted info on a limited photo that will be available even if you can't make it to the con. With autographs going for $30-$40 these days, $200 (plus postage) is a steal.

https://www.facebook.com/PatriciaTal...type=1&theater

Folks are leaving their emails on the thread for Pat to send a PayPal invoice to.

Jan
              Wow. I always balk at the prices for autographs. It seems like an alien concept at most comic cons I go to in the UK. I've never had a comic book artist charge for a signature. Only for a detailed sketch that took them 20 mins, or a watercolour A4, yes, but never a signature.

I can understand the situation with actors though, it's the only real commodity they have to 'sell' at a con. Whilst I appreciate what Pat is offering is cheap, it still sounds like a LOT of money to me!

Ah well. I never did care too much for having things signed.
              Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

I'm not a big one for autograph collecting but I do like to support the actors coming to cons. I'm probably going to take one of the Lost Tales mini-comics with me and ask Pat if I can have all of them sign that for the same price. It's the sort of thing I save up until there's something I want to fund raise for, whether it be for myself or a good cause.

Thanks for the info on the line for Horton, Lee. That's good to know. And yeah, that article is spot on.

Jan

Comment

BTW, I may have linked to this before but Pat wrote a great chapter in her book about appearing at conventions. It's worth taking a look at.

http://patriciatallman.us/2012/patri...n/conventions/

Jan

Comment

Okay, here's everything I could find on who's going to be where.

Sense8: Friday July 10, 2015 4:45pm - 5:45pm
                    Room 6A - this room holds about 1,040 people

JMS Spotlight: Saturday July 11, 2015 5:00pm - 6:00pm
                    Room 29AB - this room holds about 350 people

Babble on with the B5 cast (Bruce Boxleitner, Mira Furlan, Claudia Christian, Jerry Doyle, Bill Mumy, Stephen Furst, Patricia Tallman and Robin Atkin Downes): Saturday July 11, 2015 2:00pm - 3:00pm
                    Horton Grand Theatre - this is off-site and the theater holds 250 people. You'll need a separate ticket to attend.

B5 group signing: Saturday July 11, 2015 4:30pm - 5:30pm Sails Pavillion AA08

Patricia Tallman signing:
                    Thursday July 9, 2015 10:00am - 2:30pm
                    Friday July 10, 2015 2:30pm - 7:00pm
                    Sunday July 12, 2015 1:30pm - 5:00pm

Also, for fans of Lantern City, Bruce Boxleitner and Mira Furlan will be appearing Sat, 7/11 from 1-2pm Booth #2229.

And there's always *plenty* of other stuff going on in and out of the convention center.

I promise to swing by and post any news as soon as I can, whether it's B5 related or other new projects.

Jan

Comment

I'm working on my report of JMS' spotlight, honest!

Here's a nice semi-transcript of the B5 'Babble-On' panel, though. Mine was the question about magazine covers/action figures.

http://scifipulse.net/?p=9804

Jan

Comment

That was wonderful! Oh how I wish I could have been there. It was also revealing. I've never heard any of Team Lantern City specifically single out a movie.

Thanks Jan. Hope you are home safe & sound - and on the road to recovery.

And where did I miss that news about Peter Jurasik? Really weird. I just watched The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari last night.
                        Last edited by Looney; 07-14-2015, 07:26 AM.
                        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Working...
                        X