No announcement yet.

JMS SDCC 2014 Spotlight Panel - Full audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that was me asking the first question. And really, I wouldn't have asked any questions about the movie, anyway. Why ask about something that's a year from being written (or at least months)? And yes, he was answering questions right to the end but there were probably only about 3 people still in line.

As for the reboot concept, understand that he's used exactly the same phrasing for at least three years now. Chances are, there's a plan already percolating and that's all he's likely to say for a while.

That's my feel for it, anyhow.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I trust your feel for it. You were there at the beginning. You were there when the news was announced. You were there when the creator announced that there would be new life where all life seemed lost.

I think my real point about the questions was more along the lines of the crowd's response. It seemed like the news hit the room with a dull thud, despite the loud cheer that went up when I assume he put a B5 logo on the screen. If I had been there and he threw that out there I feel it would have been too much for me not to have a million questions to ask. And I also feel like it was a missed opportunity because he threw it out there and then asked if people had questions. How many times over the next year are fans going to get to pose those questions to him in person? And that doesn't mean he would have answered the questions, it just means I am shocked more people weren't caught up in the moment and asked them. Anyway, the reaction wasn't what I expected, so I brought it up.
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

The thing to remember is that these days at least half of the room probably aren't big fans of B5. They're there for the comics side of it.

As for asking him, you can always go over to his Facebook page and ask stuff like I do. Or hop a plane to Los Angeles over Thanksgiving weekend. LosCon is a small (1,500-ish) con that's fan run and their fan table was right next to me at SDCC. Nice folks.

So...if you have *one* question to ask, what would it have been? Enquiring minds...

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Yes, that was me asking the first question. ...

Jan
          I thought I recognized your voice in the audio. I'm assuming that you were sitting in the front row (or at least close to the front) since your voice was very clear.

When Joe mentioned your name, did he point you out?

What shade of red was your face?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
            I thought I recognized your voice in the audio. I'm assuming that you were sitting in the front row (or at least close to the front) since your voice was very clear.

When Joe mentioned your name, did he point you out?

What shade of red was your face?
            Since I always record JMS' panels I try to be close to the microphone if they've set one up - and SDCC always does. That way I get the question and the answer. Other times JMS runs around the room with the mike so things are a little less clear but still get on the recording.

Yeah, I think he did gesture in my direction when he mentioned my name in connection with the campaign. I would imagine that I turned at least a little red but I'd already done my panel and had most of two days 'on stage' at the fan table the Arizona SF Conventions shared with me (thanks again, Lee!) so it probably wasn't as bright a red as it might have been otherwise. That's my story and I'm sticking to it (since only one person from here was likely present)

Jan

Comment

Working...
            X