Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Just found this Marshall Teague interview that Space City Con retweeted. This is only his *fourth* convention ever!

http://www.examiner.com/article/inte...arshall-teague

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Ranger Jenny has released the first of the Convention t-shirt designs:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...=photo_comment

Stay tuned for other designs and ways to pre-order to ensure you get the size you need.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Thanks for the update. I am now totally up in the air as to if I am going to be able to make it, but it is good to know more specifics. I appreciate your efforts Ninja_Squirrel.

Leave a comment:

• Ninja_Squirrel
    replied
    I got a response from the CEO/Director of Space City Con with answers to all my questions...

Actor-Specific VIP Memberships: Sometimes agents will allow people with those VIP statuses to have some private time with those actors, but there's no guarantee. They're working on that.

VIP Seating: When it says you get to sit up front for "Q&As," there's no added expectation/obligation to ask questions during the Q&A. It's basically just better seating. (This was one of those "just in case" kind of questions; admittedly the closest thing to a dumb question I had.)

B5 Cast Photo: The $299 B5 cast photo option will be back on the page soon. They're working on getting the new system to calculate that option a certain way.

Autograph & Photo Pre-Sales vs. Onsite: Everything will be available onsite and at the same price. The pre-sales are just for (1) the added choice of credit instead of cash; (2) trying to predict demand of certain actors for scheduling purposes.

Non-Prof. Photos at Table with Our Own Camera: They don't know for sure who will allow it and how much they would charge. Right now, Jason Momoa is the only one leaning toward no photos at the table.
    Last edited by Ninja_Squirrel; 12-02-2013, 03:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ninja_Squirrel
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Seriously people, nobody wants to give Looney (But seriously folks, I can't decide, Bruce Package, Claudia Package, Basic B5 Package? It is a conundrum. Thoughts?)
    With my plane tickets purchased, I'm officially going now too. So, I'm facing the same decision about VIP package.

But, can someone explain what the advantage is of getting a Bruce or Claudia package as opposed to the Anla'Shok (Stellar) package? Bruce & Claudia are $50 more, but the only difference is a photo voucher which usually only costs $30 anyway. I'm wondering what the other $20 gets you.

Also, did you notice that the Babylon 5 cast photo is now gone from the photo pre-order page (or if it's not, my eyes passed right over it several times)? I can't decide whether I can/will spend that much money on another cast photo (got one at PhxCC), but now I'm wondering if the only way to get it is through the Ultimate B5 VIP membership that costs $799.

I just sent these and several other questions about VIP status and photos to SpaceCityCon to see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    The only panel I'm pretty sure about is that there'll be a Free Babylon 5 panel. Given that they've got so many more guests already, I think a mass reunion panel would be a mistake.

Agreed that 'mixer' is kinda vague but the few I've attended are generally just hotel (or convention center) function rooms with too little seating where the stars mingle with the fans. There's usually a small cash bar and it's not usually more than a couple of hours long, or the stars are often only there for at most a couple of hours even though the function might continue.

The people watching is always going to be good and pretty much anybody you talk to will have a similar interest.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Ninja_Squirrel
    replied
    Is there any chance anyone knows what the panels will be like at Space City Con? At PhxCC, Walter, Claudia, and JMS were the only ones to give individual panels, and then of course there was the one big reunion panel. It was a little hard for some to get a word in during the big reunion, so I didn't know if maybe there'd be smaller group panels at SCC (main cast, supporting cast, men of B5, women of B5, the Human cast, the alien cast, etc.) or more individual panels this time around. It's probably too soon to tell.

Also, does anyone know what the VIP mixer will be like? ("Mixer" -- one of those intimidating buzzwords for an introvert )

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Sorry, you're on your own for the VIP membership. If I could, I'd do it for myself. Selfish of me, I know.

Marshall seems to have come and gone on the photo line-up too, but it seems firm now that he'll be there, given the Facebook posts and photos of the K'Tok. The website seems to be lagging behind.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Seriously people, nobody wants to give Looney $799.00. Thanks everybody. Thanks a lot! No Ultimate Babylon 5 Experience for Looney. Way to go everyone. . . . (But seriously folks, I can't decide, Bruce Package, Claudia Package, Basic B5 Package? It is a conundrum. Thoughts?)

Did I miss something? I noticed a lot of talk about Marshall Teague and the sword, but he isn't on the guest list that is posted in this thread nor is he listed on the Space City Con site. ? ? ? ? ? ?

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Speaking of tickets, Looney needs $799.00.

But seriously, I do. . . . .

Actually, other than that everything else seems pretty reasonable. Looks like everybody is around $25 per Autograph and $30 for a photo op. But to be on the safe side, I need someone to give me $799.00 for The Ultimate B5 Experience. I can cover the $9.95 fee.
    Last edited by Looney; 10-21-2013, 02:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout View Post
    charity auciton item perchance?
    Not likely. It is a really rare thing. I think it stays where it is, owner-wise.

- and BTW

Ticket SCC - Check !
    Hotel - Check!
    Flight - Check!

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    charity auciton item perchance?

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    This looks like the official announcement that Marshall Teague's bringing Ta'Lon's K'tok with him to Galveston.

As a prop collector, I can't wait to see this!

Jan
    The nice thing is, it is not *just* a prop, but the real thing. Want to see it, too

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    This looks like the official announcement that Marshall Teague's bringing Ta'Lon's K'tok with him to Galveston.

For the first time ever, Actor Marshall R. Teague has agreed to bring his elusive ancient Narn K'tok sword of Ta'Lon from Babylon 5 to Moody Gardens Hotel Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, January 3-5. It may never be seen in public again!

This is not some prop just made for filming. It's a real, forged and ancient blade, hand-made pommel and hand-carved and inlaid. You don't have to be just a Babylon 5 fan for this - you just have to love unique and finely made swords!
    As a prop collector, I can't wait to see this!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Another Captain from the B5 universe will be joining the fun in Galveston in January - Dylan Neal. Recently he's been seen with Bruce Boxleitner in Cedar Cove.

Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X