No announcement yet.

Space City Con - Jan. 2014 - B5 Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point. And it might be worthwhile to rent a car for some of us flying in. But the hotel rate is really reasonable. $99 is much better than I was able to find online for that property.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      Yeah I worded that incorrectly
      Another important fact to point out is that NASA is between Galveston and Houston. Closer to Houston, but not far from Galveston.
      - and who, as a scifi fan and a B5 fan would *not* like to visit the Space Center ?
      I certainly would !

Jan : I noticed that the phone number is an 888 number, I do not know if this is reachable from outside the US. Will have to check it this week end.
      Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Here's a non-toll-free number, Jan. 1-409-683-4000 So far the con hasn't posted a group code so you'd need to call and mention the convention to get the discounted rate.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Up to 12 B5 cast now:

Tracy Scoggins
          Claudia Christian
          Jerry Doyle
          Patricia Tallman
          Julie Caitlin Brown
          Andrea Thompson
          Bridget Flanery (Zoe)
          Peter Jurasik
          Stephen Furst
          Bill Mumy
          Mira Furlan
          Marshall Teague

...and I don't know if it means anything but on their latest graphic, there are four spaces awaiting announcement.

Jan

Comment

And...Bruce boxleitner has just been announced!

Jan

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! You are all welcome! I mentioned Space City Con on the Lantern City board yesterday and today BB is going to be there. I claim total credit because Trevor Crafts, co-creator of Lantern City, reads that board and I mentioned that BB needed to know there would be other B5 Alumni there. Again, you are all welcome! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Ouch! I hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back. It hurts, it hurts. LOL
              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                Ouch! I hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back. It hurts, it hurts. LOL
                LOL! In that case, you're likely to take credit for Jason Carter being announced overnight, huh?

Jan

Comment

No, no, I can't take credit for that. You can actually go to the Lantern City board and see evidence of what I was patting myself on the back for. I can't prove my telepathic will has influenced any of the guests to attend. I mean I did will all of those who are planning on being there to attend, but it can't be proven. In Boxleitner's case there is written proof that on the day before he announced I mentioned it on a board someone close to him reads. Now if several more names start popping up as being in attendance then there will be proof. Once it gets to a certain number then the truth will be undeniable and my telepathic abilities will be exposed.

And I thought Jason Carter was the first person to bring up this Con? It seems I remember seeing something just after Phoenix here or maybe on Facebook that he was in Houston and he couldn't wait to return for Space City Con next year. Weird, but I thought he started the bandwagon. Of course it doesn't matter as long as he'll be there. The guest list is shaping up quite nicely!
                  Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Robin Atkin Downes announced now. He was fun in Phoenix when he dropped in on the SF themed (supposed to be B5-themed but wasn't) and hung out for a bit and played Purple Rain on the piano.

Jan

Comment

And now Joshua Coxx will be joining the party!

Jan

Comment

Ooh! I *really* want to see this!!

[QUOTE]Rumor has it, the sword of Ta'Lon, a Narn K'Tok blade, may be appearing at Space City Con Moody Gardens Hotel Spa and Convention Center

Comment

[QUOTE=Jan;115737]Ooh! I *really* want to see this!!

Rumor has it, the sword of Ta'Lon, a Narn K'Tok blade, may be appearing at Space City Con Moody Gardens Hotel Spa and Convention Center
                          Jan :
                          Don't we all ??

I any case, I do.
                          Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Okay, I think they're up to 17 B5 related guests now:

Jerry Doyle
                            Claudia Christian
                            Bill Mumy
                            Bruce Boxleitner
                            Julie Caitlyn Brown
                            Mira Furlan
                            Pat Tallman
                            Stephen Furst
                            Andrea Thompson
                            Jason Carter
                            Tracy Scoggins
                            Bridget Flannery
                            Peter Jurasik
                            Robin Atkin Downes
                            Maggie Egan
                            Joshua Coxx
                            Peter David

And John Hudgens, maker of the wonderful B5 music videos will be a guest, too.

As a side note, it's confirmed that #FreeBabylon5 will have a table at the con, too.

Jan
                            Last edited by Jan; 10-12-2013, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Another Captain from the B5 universe will be joining the fun in Galveston in January - Dylan Neal. Recently he's been seen with Bruce Boxleitner in Cedar Cove.

Jan

Comment

This looks like the official announcement that Marshall Teague's bringing Ta'Lon's K'tok with him to Galveston.

For the first time ever, Actor Marshall R. Teague has agreed to bring his elusive ancient Narn K'tok sword of Ta'Lon from Babylon 5 to Moody Gardens Hotel Spa and Convention Center in Galveston, January 3-5. It may never be seen in public again!

This is not some prop just made for filming. It's a real, forged and ancient blade, hand-made pommel and hand-carved and inlaid. You don't have to be just a Babylon 5 fan for this - you just have to love unique and finely made swords!
                                As a prop collector, I can't wait to see this!

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X